Ford Mustang Forum banner

Age of Mustang 2005+ Owners

Average age of 2005 to Present Mustang Owners

85K views 396 replies 320 participants last post by  chasmalo 
#1 ·
So there has been a big debate at my work that Mustangs are for people under the age of 30. To prove a point, I would like to know what the demographics are for the S197 Mustangs. Please post your age range.

Thanks.

#2 ·
Well I will be 39 in January so I would fall closer to the 40+ crowd! What's your age?

#5 ·
Ill be 50 this Oct and Ill drive/own a Mustang for a long time yet :) I bought my 1st Mustang when I was 21.
Feb '11 Ill have owned a Mustang for 25 straight years :)

#8 ·
I am the old one. Turned 59 on Feb 4. Going on second year with a mustang.

#11 ·
I'm currently 49 ... in four months I turn 50 and my birthday present to me is a Race Red 2011 V6 Premium.

Oh, and two other things, it's a manual and, I'm a GIRL! :happybirthday:
welcome to AFM! nice birthday present to ya :)

#17 ·
HA! I just turned 69 and I wouldn't trade my '06 for anything! :bigthumbsup :D Ya'll are just young'uns!

#19 ·
45 here :bigthumbsup

#20 ·
wow on most import forums, I feel kind of old at 24 with all the kids and stuff coming on to ask how to make their 20 year old civic beat a ferrari, but on here I'm like half the age of alot of you, I guess that's probably the reason this forum is alot more helpful and alot more mature (attitude wise, no old jokes intended).

#21 ·
Hey, maybe we need to separate out the 40-50, the 50-60, and the greater than 60 ages; otherwise the greater than 40 are definitely going to out number everyone else.

#23 ·
So there has been a big debate at my work that Mustangs are for people under the age of 30. To prove a point, I would like to know what the demographics are for the S197 Mustangs. Please post your age range.

Thanks.
The problem with your test is that you are only polling people that are likely to mod their mustangs. We are a small percentage of the pool of owners.

What is going for you is that most Mustang owners are over the age of 40……and most of them don’t post on forums.

I see far more “old” people in Mustangs than anything else.

#25 ·
I'll be eighteen-and-a-half next February (for the fourth time around).

#26 · (Edited)
I just turned 45, though my daughter tells me I act like a 12 year old. (an arguement she uses to convince me that SHE should be driving as I am not old enough :rollgrin: ), kids!

This is my second Mustang, my other was an 81 hatchback.

#117 ·
Nice!

39, here. This is my second Mustang, also. 1st Mustang (and my 1st car) was an '81 coupe - the midnight blue body and fake white convertible top made me feel like a king back then.

Now I have the real thing :bigthumbsup

Cheers,

Paul

#29 ·
bought mine at 18. 21 now. so 20-30 range

#30 ·
Over the years I nearly bought a '66 coupe, a '67 fastback, an '88 GT & a Cobra R that was still at the dealer nearly 2 years after they were made but I never pulled the trigger till I was 42 & bought the '07 I had.

#31 ·
43 and a proud mustang owner since the age of 14...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.