Chris Rose, TUNE Not The Same - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Look if I could have deleted this Thread I would have, if Chris would have returned My PM on here and on Facebook I would have never started this Thread. And then to have Chris make me look stupid as if I dont know how to load a Tune and even if they were switched on the Tuner (wich there not) as it worked fine the first time and I tried both Tunes on there to give hm the benefit of the doubt and it still was not the same acting Tune.
So I just dont see how getting the Tunes resent to me and putting them in the correct slots on the Tuner is gonna make a difference?
I was Totally Happy with Chris's Tunes, I replied to Him and how Great he and his Tunes were many times on here, I have nothing against Chris or AM there both Great!!!!!!! All Im looking for is some answers and some help is that too much to ask for? And I felt like I was the one being Bashed.
Someone PM me and show me how to end this Thread and I will, or if one of the Moderators want to Delete it you Have My Permission.

2002 GT Premium Auto Mineral Grey. Pypes Violater Cat Back Exhaust.
2003 V6 Auto Oxford White, all original no Mods
SOLD 2007 V6 Premium Pony
FORD BUILT WITHOUT YOUR TAX DOLLARS
SAVE AMERICA STOP OBAMA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Called AM to talk to Chris, 9;30 am, not there. Took off time from work to get this resolved. Spoke with someone else about it.
Chris you can PM me on Facebook or on here.
Thank's
Ron

SAVE AMERICA STOP OBAMA!
Site Sponsor

Ron, when you messaged me on Facebook I had 100 other windows open. By the time I went back and checked Facebook, you were offline. The only reason I'm on Facebook is because I have to be on to admin the AmericanMuscle Facebook page, which requires me to be on my personal account. Sorry I missed that inquiry...

I've answered all of these threads you posted about the tune all of the sudden "not feeling the same". Every time I've suggested loading the tune files into the programmer again, to make sure that they're in the right spot. I think that's the best way to go about this... but I wanted to speak to you over the phone. I really shouldn't be doing any Tillman updates during business hours, it should go through Tillman directly. However, I'm extending my services to try and figure this out for you.

I wanted to send your tunes to you again yesterday, but you weren't on here or Facebook when I left the office at 7:30PM EST. I just when and did backflips to find your email address way back in the old Tillman exchange server. I have sent the three files. Load them onto the programmer into the correctly named slots.

No tune files will "change". If it doesn't feel the same way as before, you need to look for a mechanical change, octane issue, etc. We can datalog... there's a few different ways to figure this out.

Chris Rose | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Need help? PM AMAlexLazarus for immediate assistance!

Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangstta View Post
I'm going to pile it on here. Chris, I sent you a couple of e-mails back in August (8/5 & 8/10) with my Dyno results to look at when you were trying to sell me a tune. I also called you and left you a voice-mail message. I have yet to receive a response. I actually called, spoke to someone else, and asked if you were on vacation at that time. They told me no, you were around and in a lot of meetings. Is the priority meetings or customers?

Your lack of response told me you really don't care about your customers. I asked myself, if this guy is not responding pre-sale, what kind of support will I get if I have a problem post-sale?

I subsequently took my business elsewhere. Caveat emptor.

-Stangstta
I'm sorry to hear that is the impression that you got. I am working more in the development department and on some projects including the 2011, King of the Street competition, Magazine editorial coverage of our vehicles, etc. So at the time, I was in meetings. One of the Bama guys could absolutely have helped you out. Mike Wilson also comes from a dyno-background and would have been able to knock any questions out right away.

We usually take care of tune updates or issues within 10-15 minutes while you're on the telephone, all anyone has to do is call.

As for PM's, I receive nearly 20-50 PMs (per message board) a day depending on what message board, what time of the season, etc. Then another 20-30 customer emails throughout the day, and it's nearly impossible to keep up with them all.

The problem is many of the emails that I get could have easily been handled directly through Bama in a matter of 5 minutes. (not saying your email was in that category) This prevents me from being able to go through each week without an email/PM backlog.

This is why I am trying so hard to preach CALL BAMA on most items. This will eliminate some of the unnecessary emails, so that the ones that are more challenging don't get neglected.

As for Tillman updates, I receive nearly 20 update requests a week at work even when asking people to please email/pm them to me and I'll get to them as quickly as possible. If these guys are also Bama customers (much of them are) they're taken care of in 10-15 minutes tops (through Bama, by calling). All they have to say is "hey, I'm a bama customer, but also had a tune from Chris Rose at Tillmans, can you update my Bama tunes, but make sure you use the All-Out tune parameters from Chris plus any updates you guys may have". Done! If they're not Bama customers, I am willing to help them out, but only after hours. These are free email tune updates for a company I haven't worked for in 6 months. This takes up again, much time and the inbox gets cluttered with them.

I'm not going to rant anymore. I'm sorry about your experience and maybe we'll do business in the future.

Free Same-Day Shipping!
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdvision View Post
Chris did a great job with the tunes on my GT and GT500. I did a firmware update on my SCT and lost my tunes. I called AM and they had my tunes emailed to me in less than 15 minutes. I don't think you can get any better than that for customer service.
Maybe you're expecting too much from a tune. A tune isn't going to turn a 4.0 V6 into a V8 powerhouse. lol
V6 guys almost always seem to be a little "out there".
The mods should just delete this whole thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by exodus209 View Post
i didnt even bother to read the last of these messages because theres really NO NEED to be slamming one of the Best companies for mustang tuning and well as one of the best tuners around.

Chris all in all i think you and your guys over at AM do a GREAT job and when i had a small issue (due the dealer changing my mustangs computer) AM was more than helpful and the problem (that WAS NOT even caused by you) was fixed very quickly.

For future posts, DO NOT SLAM vendors with such a high reputation and who do SO MUCH for all of us.

Thank you Chris and American Muscle.
im confident you guys will clear everything up

Thanks fellas! Glad we could take care of you guys!!

Chris

Free Same-Day Shipping!
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I would like to say Chris answered my PM promptly when i PM him here (by prompt i mean it took a couple days but i was in no hurry..it was not weeks or anything crazy like that) and i plan to purchase a tune from there at some point...still breaking in the car to be honest...

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
GT Member

I agree about calling A:M. When I ever I needed a tune update, I would just call and the new request would be in inbox that same day and I would receive the new tune in about 2 days. Granted I am not using A.M tune at the time as I have a dynotune but I do think their customer service and tunes are top notch.

RIP 2006 Mustang GT
New Ride 04 Pontiac GTO
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Chris, Thank You! I Totally Understand what your up against and that your a Super Busy Person and I'd Hate to be in your Place!
I Picked You Because You Are The Best, and Im gonna stay with You. I could give 2 Craps about Tillman's Tunes that You Wrote, If I have to Pay for New Tunes from You and AM I will (Even though I did like the Free Tunes For Life Deal nonetheless I Understand Your a Busy Wanted Guy, and sooner or Later we'll touch down and get this straightened out, Im in No Hurry as My Stang will be put to Sleep Soon as Winters Comming and it's time for the Garage. So we got untill next Spring, lotsa Time. But it would be Nice to Drive Her one More time to feel the Tune befor I have to put Her to Bed.
Also I WANT To Replace the (93 Road Race Tune) from Tillmans with the 93 Race Tune from AM....I need a AM Tune if you know what I mean, the ALL OUT Tune was Great but from what O heard the AM 93 Race Tune is even Better so I can have both.
We'll touch down and Im REALLY SORRY for being a Pain in the ASS over this and I hope we can be the Friends we have Always been! Im not gonna Run any Tune Unless it's a Chris Rose Tune
Thank's Chris!
Ron

SAVE AMERICA STOP OBAMA!
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1fordlover View Post
Chris, Thank You! I Totally Understand what your up against and that your a Super Busy Person and I'd Hate to be in your Place!
I Picked You Because You Are The Best, and Im gonna stay with You. I could give 2 Craps about Tillman's Tunes that You Wrote, If I have to Pay for New Tunes from You and AM I will (Even though I did like the Free Tunes For Life Deal nonetheless I Understand Your a Busy Wanted Guy, and sooner or Later we'll touch down and get this straightened out, Im in No Hurry as My Stang will be put to Sleep Soon as Winters Comming and it's time for the Garage. So we got untill next Spring, lotsa Time. But it would be Nice to Drive Her one More time to feel the Tune befor I have to put Her to Bed.
Also I WANT To Replace the (93 Road Race Tune) from Tillmans with the 93 Race Tune from AM....I need a AM Tune if you know what I mean, the ALL OUT Tune was Great but from what O heard the AM 93 Race Tune is even Better so I can have both.
We'll touch down and Im REALLY SORRY for being a Pain in the ASS over this and I hope we can be the Friends we have Always been! Im not gonna Run any Tune Unless it's a Chris Rose Tune
Thank's Chris!
Ron
Hey Ron,

It's no big deal. I think we can get you set up with a 93 Bama Race tune. Bama's number is 888.226.9764, and they can process the order. Those guys are only a hundred feet from me, so when I see the order go through I'll make sure it's perfect for ya!

Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMChrisRose View Post
Hey Ron,

It's no big deal. I think we can get you set up with a 93 Bama Race tune. Bama's number is 888.226.9764, and they can process the order. Those guys are only a hundred feet from me, so when I see the order go through I'll make sure it's perfect for ya!
Awsome Chris, Thank's!
Also I received the Tune Up-Dates from you and now I have a few Questions....First I have Dial-Up Connection for My Computer, I live in the Country and No High Speed, is this gonna make a difference in Loading them into the Tuner, will it take forever with dial-up? Also How do I go about doing this?
I'll be in touch with Bama for the 93 Bama Race Tune and Im Sure You'll do a Great Job on the Tune foe Me!
Again, Thank You!
Ron

SAVE AMERICA STOP OBAMA!
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

OK, now I ran into something I never had to do so Im not sure how to do it....
I tried to Open The Tune Up-Dates I received in My E-Mail and when I clicked on them I got a Box that said (This File does not has a association with it for preforming this action, create an association in the Folder Options Control Panel) What and how do I do this?
Do I also have to save this file (Tunes) to a Disc for future use? And if this is a Big Deal and I cant figure it out or how to do it can I just send you (Chris) My SCTX3 Tuner and you can remove the Road Race Tune and then Install the 93 Bama Race Tune, the 93 ALL OUT Tune and the 93 Emission Tune for me on it.
Im not going to be driving the Mustang much more this year as the Weather's getting bad so I wont need the Tuner and if I have to wait for it, it's not a Big Deal. That way I know the Tunes will be on it the way they should be and done right.
Thank's
Ron

SAVE AMERICA STOP OBAMA!
Site Sponsor

Save the attachments somewhere you'll remember (Desktop for now is fine), but do NOT try and open them. They aren't files you double click, they're files you load onto the programmer. Here's how:

Downloading a Mustang Tune to Your SCT Mustang Tuner Device at AmericanMuscle.com

Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMChrisRose View Post
Save the attachments somewhere you'll remember (Desktop for now is fine), but do NOT try and open them. They aren't files you double click, they're files you load onto the programmer. Here's how:

Downloading a Mustang Tune to Your SCT Mustang Tuner Device at AmericanMuscle.com
So if I tried to open one (like I did) The first Tune,did I mess something up? or am I still good?
Thank's,
Ron

SAVE AMERICA STOP OBAMA!
Site Sponsor

It's still fine.

Free Same-Day Shipping!
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Your the greatest Chris I sure hope you finish my tune soon.I'm sure you can do it. Just turn down the shift pressures and iat behind the blower. Thx. Chris I know you can do it.-D

Tokico, Eibach, Whipple H.O, Autometer, Magnaflow, Edelbrock LCA, Thumprr tensioner and pullies, TCI Streetfighter. FRPP 3:73 rear, 302 forged shortblock, Coast 1PC D/S, Steeda relocation brackets, Currie Adj. UCA,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page