Front Bumper cover? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Front Bumper cover?

Where can I buy a new front bumper cover?

2007 Silver GT, manual
3.55 Gears, Shaftmaster 3.5" aluminum drive shaft, Borla Stingers, Pacesetter ceramic Long Tube Headers, Pacesetter catted H pipe, Steeda UDPs, JLT CAI, MGW short throw shifter and Bama 93 Oct Street tune

2001 Laser Red GT, automatic (293RWHP, 310RWTQ) Gone but not forgotten.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010

cjponyparts.com get a ford genuine bumper cover not a aftermarket one. they always fit, aftermarkets often dont.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Do yourself a favor and get this one...They come pre painted!!! I didnt know that till I had already bought a primer bumper off ebay for $119 I believe. I was pissed!!!!!!!!!! I might even still get this bumper if it will cost more to paint my primer one...NOTE TO SELF, DO THE RESEARCH.

NewTakeOff.com | Mustang GT Front Bumper

2012 Race Red Ford Mustang 5.0

R.I.P.
Grey 2006 Ford Mustang SCS

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010

pre painted parts wont match... dont waste your time.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
all prepainted parts i have gotten are perfect matches fyi.

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010
GT Member

Those were painted by Ford on the assembly line. They are a pretty good match especially if you can get take-offs from the same year Stang.

Obama whines that we don't build stuff like the Hoover Dam anymore. With his EPA in charge nothing CAN get built.....ANYMORE!

If you put the Obama administration in charge of the Sahara desert they would find a way to run out of sand in a year....-ME!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMustang06V6 View Post
Do yourself a favor and get this one...They come pre painted!!! I didnt know that till I had already bought a primer bumper off ebay for $119 I believe. I was pissed!!!!!!!!!! I might even still get this bumper if it will cost more to paint my primer one...NOTE TO SELF, DO THE RESEARCH.

NewTakeOff.com | Mustang GT Front Bumper
I just checked that out but don't see my color listed. My paint code is TL (Satin Silver Pearl Metallic).

2007 Silver GT, manual
3.55 Gears, Shaftmaster 3.5" aluminum drive shaft, Borla Stingers, Pacesetter ceramic Long Tube Headers, Pacesetter catted H pipe, Steeda UDPs, JLT CAI, MGW short throw shifter and Bama 93 Oct Street tune

2001 Laser Red GT, automatic (293RWHP, 310RWTQ) Gone but not forgotten.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010

well as a painter i dont think they will, but on the other hand most of the pics of pre painted parts i see and all the comments are "they match perfectly" and i see a big color diference. just because ford painted them does not mean they are exactly the same. different build dates, plants and, what the parts are exposed to will have a great effect on the color fyi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page