vinyl graphic rear blackout decal? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmr2000 View Post
Well just installed, the cut of the vinyl is not very accurate, center circle is perfect so I went off that, but the right/left/bottom vinyl is too big, would need to trim 1/8" or so which would be difficult to do cleanly on the car butting up against the taillights.
Jeez, that's too bad, mine required no trimming at all and went on just great with only a few small bubbles to pop the following day. There is no trace of the bubbles anymore and the only very minor issue is the cutout for the faux gas cap being ever so slightly too big. But with a blue Mustang, you cannot see the difference in color unless your six inches away and looking right at it. Hope your vendor makes good. I think mine came from Baltimore Street Mods.

Mokie's Ride: 2007 Windveil Blue V6 Mustang Coupe
Blk Gas Door, Blk Taillight Bezels, Taillight Panel BlackOut, Blk Pedestal Spoiler, Mesh Grille,
Sequential Taillights, Spinner-Style Center Caps, Dual Exhaust, Custom Leather Armrest, Agent 47 Sideview Mirrors, Strut Tower Brace
windveilbluemustangregistry.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaw View Post
Jeez, that's too bad, mine required no trimming at all and went on just great with only a few small bubbles to pop the following day. There is no trace of the bubbles anymore and the only very minor issue is the cutout for the faux gas cap being ever so slightly too big. But with a blue Mustang, you cannot see the difference in color unless your six inches away and looking right at it. Hope your vendor makes good. I think mine came from Baltimore Street Mods.
That's where I got my black out and c-stripes

Forged bottom end, Ported heads, Saleen super charger, 2.8 blower pulley/15psi, Dual stage water to air intercooler, AFCO heat exchanger, battery relocated, Twin GT500 fuel pumps, T-56 trans, Aluminum flywheel, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 rear gears, Eaton TruTrac Diff, TA Performance rear end girdle, Racecraft suspension system, UCA, LCA, panhard bar, 15" slotted front rotors w/ 6 piston calipers, Carbon Fiber front splitter/rear diffuser, and bunch of other stuff
RWHP/RWTQ is adequate
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member

Well thumbs down to Rocky Mt Graphics unless they come up with a refund or fix.

Poor shipping in a tube with one missing end cap, crushed and creased the vinyl. Poor cut around the top tail. No instructions and worst of all poor customer service. Have to wait 2 or 3 days for an email response to each question.

Just ordered a new one from Baltimore Street Mods.

Now: 2016 Mustang GT Fastback-Magnetic Metallic, Ford Racing Touring axle-backs, Ford Racing front strut and k-brace, K&N CAI, sound tube delete, 1975 Corvette Coupe-L48, 4-speed

Past Lives: 2001 Corvette Z51 Coupe, 2012 Mustang Grabber Blue Coupe, 2008 Mustang Torch Red Vert, 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, 1985 Nissan 300ZX, 1979 Mazda RX-7, 1971 Datsun 240Z, 1972 Fiat 124 Vert, 1971 Chevelle, 1970 Challenger

GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

You'll be happy with the Baltimore street mods one. The cut was perfect and it still looks awesome after having it for a year.

2008 Vapor Silver Mustang GT

JLTSCTSLPBMRMagnaflowEibach
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

you should have just spent 220 bucks and get a plastic one from saleen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	d4d2c24a.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	219.4 KB
ID:	115125  

i.imgur.com/hlhwCJZ.jpg
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Givantsbluebaby View Post
you should have just spent 220 bucks and get a plastic one from saleen
It's a nice look just did not want to tape anything on, in NYC they pull these and rear window louvers off cars...my neighbors Roush for one.

Now: 2016 Mustang GT Fastback-Magnetic Metallic, Ford Racing Touring axle-backs, Ford Racing front strut and k-brace, K&N CAI, sound tube delete, 1975 Corvette Coupe-L48, 4-speed

Past Lives: 2001 Corvette Z51 Coupe, 2012 Mustang Grabber Blue Coupe, 2008 Mustang Torch Red Vert, 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, 1985 Nissan 300ZX, 1979 Mazda RX-7, 1971 Datsun 240Z, 1972 Fiat 124 Vert, 1971 Chevelle, 1970 Challenger
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member

Well Rocky Mountain Graphics is sending a new one so they are getting some credit for customer service.

Have the Baltimore Street Mods one coming will try that first, maybe sell the other....

Apprentice
4.6L Member

I ordered a custom decal from Rocky Mountain a while back for my car. It came out out great for me. No issues with shipping.

I have a thread on the experience:

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ification.html

Stock Antenna
Shiny Wheels
Air Freshener
BOSS Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Rockin' Blue's
Rocky Mountain Graphic has good stuff I have purchased stuff from them like the running pony for the dash. I am just a fan of the honeycomb style panel from Sliver Horse Racing.com myself , I am sure it would look nice though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0017_4.JPG
Views:	311
Size:	618.4 KB
ID:	116271   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0054.jpg
Views:	1034
Size:	462.2 KB
ID:	116272  

[LEFT]"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government " Thomas Jefferson

There's another old saying, Senator: Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
( Outlaw Josey Wales )

My Ride : " Buster " 2007 Vista Blue GT
PONY Member
S197 Member

Instead of the magnetic vinyl, I wonder how much it would cost to do it right and paint it flat black?

I was thinking about getting one along with the D&G rear diffuser and GT500 front splitter. I think with my cars color it would look good when it is all done. I was just concerned that someone could walk off with the magnetic one when I wasn't looking.

Boise, Idaho
U.S. Navy (Retired)
Treasure Valley Mustang and Ford Club Member
BOSS Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Rockin' Blue's
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangfun101 View Post
Instead of the magnetic vinyl, I wonder how much it would cost to do it right and paint it flat black?

I was thinking about getting one along with the D&G rear diffuser and GT500 front splitter. I think with my cars color it would look good when it is all done. I was just concerned that someone could walk off with the magnetic one when I wasn't looking.
Paint would probably be your best bet. I am biased to the panel as you well know, LOL

[LEFT]"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government " Thomas Jefferson

There's another old saying, Senator: Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
( Outlaw Josey Wales )

My Ride : " Buster " 2007 Vista Blue GT
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' Blue's View Post
Paint would probably be your best bet. I am biased to the panel as you well know, LOL
I do know well almighty "honeycomb guru".

Boise, Idaho
U.S. Navy (Retired)
Treasure Valley Mustang and Ford Club Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page