Do I need a catch can? How can I make one? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie
S197 Member

I would recommend one, when I took my SC off my Roush the intake and intercooler was coated in oil, happy with mine from Corvette Chrome PCV Oil Catch Can

Here is a couple install photos:

Matches the rest of my motor:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member

Thanks LeeU. BTW you have one NICE ride. That under hood shot is amazing.... simply amazing....

2014 Mustang GT/CS - Coupe
Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
Rookie
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Airman View Post
Thanks LeeU. BTW you have one NICE ride. That under hood shot is amazing.... simply amazing....

Thank you, Here are a few more if you want to look at my photobucket account.

Thanks,
LeeU

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Got my can from AM. Here is what it picked up in a couple of months of DD and some playtime and mine is NA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	car stuff 011.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	117649  

Forged bottom end, Ported heads, Saleen super charger, 2.8 blower pulley/15psi, Dual stage water to air intercooler, AFCO heat exchanger, battery relocated, Twin GT500 fuel pumps, T-56 trans, Aluminum flywheel, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 rear gears, Eaton TruTrac Diff, TA Performance rear end girdle, Racecraft suspension system, UCA, LCA, panhard bar, 15" slotted front rotors w/ 6 piston calipers, Carbon Fiber front splitter/rear diffuser, and bunch of other stuff
RWHP/RWTQ is adequate
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member

Wow redruder, thats a lot of oil.... But I guess better in the can than in the intake.

Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Wow redruder, thats a lot of oil.... But I guess better in the can than in the intake.
Yep, just think of how much would find it's way in the intake with a blower. I decided on it after installing the delete plates and saw how much crap was on the butterflies and in the intake. A picture is worth a 1000 words.

Forged bottom end, Ported heads, Saleen super charger, 2.8 blower pulley/15psi, Dual stage water to air intercooler, AFCO heat exchanger, battery relocated, Twin GT500 fuel pumps, T-56 trans, Aluminum flywheel, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 rear gears, Eaton TruTrac Diff, TA Performance rear end girdle, Racecraft suspension system, UCA, LCA, panhard bar, 15" slotted front rotors w/ 6 piston calipers, Carbon Fiber front splitter/rear diffuser, and bunch of other stuff
RWHP/RWTQ is adequate
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-20-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member

Yeah for sure. I'm just having Brenspeed get me a JLT catch can and I'm going to be done with it. It's a little expensive, but so is the blower. Guess you have to pay to play!

Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
PONY Member

Hell yeah!!!!

08 GT Vert, Manual, PerfWhite, RedLeather, ClothTop, I-UP, ActiveAlarm, HID's, HeatedSeats, Scoop, Sirius, FoMoNav, 18"PolishedBullitt's, AmbientLights, GentexMirror(Electro/Comp/Temp/Homelink), JaegerFlaps, CPCHoodlifts, CDCWindDeflector, FRPPCAI/Tune, Shelby/Drake STB, JLTOilSep
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011 Thread Starter
GT Member

Update: The JLT Catch Can is GREAT! Like I said before, it's not cheap but I can see why they charge the money they do. It just plugs right in. It does the job and it looks great. It's easy to take out, easy to drain. Well worth the 120 bucks. If any of you guys need a Catch Can just order the JLT from Brenspeed and be done with it.

BTW - 1800 miles on my freshly blown 4.6 and the can had MAYBE 10 drops of oil in it.

Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
driver's or pax side of the car?

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011 Thread Starter
GT Member

Drivers side.... Do you need one on the pass side? Can you even put one on the pass side?

Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Don't need one on the passenger side. Have you opened the new set up yet? I can't wait for the strip to open back up.

RWHP/RWTQ is adequate
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011 Thread Starter
GT Member

Yeah man I opened her up some. She gets rubber at the top of 1st and going in to second. It's wicked fast. I mean just flat out awesome! Our strip opens 4 February so as long as it's not too cold I'm going to go with my wife and see what this baby has got! My best NA is 13.95. I'm shooting for 12.95 w/ the new setup on stock pirellis.

I can't wait for the strip. Street "racing" is pretty fun with the NA setup, but the car is almost too fast to be messing around on the street with now that I have a blower. The night I left Brenspeed I got on the e-way and I hit 120 soooo fast it almost scared me. I don't want to get her impounded, get a wreck less driving ticket, or kill someone for that matter.

EDIT: And thanks for the pass side tip, but isn't there a vent on the pass side too? Just looking for some info. Why would I not need one on the pass side?

Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
And thanks for the pass side tip, but isn't there a vent on the pass side too? Just looking for some info. Why would I not need one on the pass side?
When I did my delete plates there was blow-by crap all over the butterflies, but my TB was fairly clean. That pretty much told me which side was pulling in the oil. I would think that you should dip into the low 12s now. You need to get the 60' time down. My auto with wicked tire spin knocks out low 13s NA with my spare, associated tools , a full tank of gas, and my little girl's car seat in it. I would think that you should be able to get me by at least a second.

RWHP/RWTQ is adequate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page