Ford Mustang Forum banner

Ordered my SCT tuner from AM, can't wait!

2K views 31 replies 10 participants last post by  AMChrisRose 
#1 ·
I ordered my tuner with money that I got from my birthday and Christmas yesterday, and I can't wait! I'm excited that the Bama team will be tuning my car, since everyone says they are the best, I can't wait to join the club! :D I ordered the 87 street, 87 performance, and 93 race; I'll probably DD the 87 performance tune, and switch to the 93 race on weekends when I feel like having some fun! ;)

#3 ·
I will, my CAI has been sitting for almost 2 months waiting on this thing lol, it better be well worth it!

#5 ·
JLT CAI & Custom Bama tunes for life owner right here!
Not a complaint in the world...you're going to love it!
I'm running mine @ 89 oct atm...gas shoot up alil here, but reg keep it on 93 race :cooldude:

#4 ·
It will be worth it. I have the Jlt but no custom tune and its still a big difference over stock. I run the 93 all the time, but I dont drive mine everyday anymore so its no big deal on gas.

#6 ·
Nice topic, as it relates to me. I just installed JLT CAI and tuned my car! Its currently set to 91 Race. The difference is about as big as everyone makes it out to be. I was gonna open her up today but I finished just intime for Rush Hour to begin in Los Angeles. But from the little speed bursts I did, wow, I am no longer afraid of the take off! Ill post in my own topic a run down of stuff I installed/ had installed this week as there is alot.

#7 ·
I just got mine x-mas day and installed the 87 street tune today. Unfortunately way too much traffic on the way home tonight to give a report. I also can't wait to try the 89 performance tune and the 93 race tune! I should be able to let you all know my feelings about the noticeable differences after a couple days of driving, I'm pretty familiar with my car and when I installed the tune I was just 2 miles short of the odometer turning 25,000 miles. Stay tuned (sorry for the pun)

#10 ·
I got a tuner from AM for Christmas too and I can't wait to load it up, But I got rear ended right before I went out of town and now I'm back getting that all straightened out. It's killing me!!!

#15 ·
First impression of the 87 street tune, the lag is gone even with stick shift I had lag time, pulls harder than before, at full throttle the needle on the speedometer moves quicker then before, I'm almost scared to see what the 93 race tune is like. After this tank is done I will try the 89 performance tune and will report on that too. I didn't think my car was slow by any means before the tune but it feels like a different car, Thanks Chris!

#16 ·
Tuner shipped out yesterday, is in Ohio at the moment, should be here by next tuesday, I can't wait! :D

#18 ·
Yup, except this time I know what I'm getting! I'll do a report as soon as I have a chance to.

#19 ·
I can't wait until I get some extra funds for this tuner and load it up! I'm glad to hear about how big the difference is in the 87 Street and Performance which would be what I'd want. I'd also be pretty interested to see how just how much the difference in the shift points and firmness since I have an Auto. Free tunes for life too- I've only heard great things about the product and can't wait to install.

Got my few mods coming next week- GTA mufflers, K&N Intake...Next up this Tuner!

#21 ·
The only thing I regret is ordering it over the Holiday, it tacked on an extra day for shipping! :mesad:

#25 ·
Yup. I HATE that. I didn't end up waiting to order my Tune, so I had to deal with the SLOW holiday interruptions which brings me to my next point...

My brother said my tuner came in, but I'm stuck at school! It's killing me inside! lol
I'm at work and MY tune is on the delivery truck with the status of 'out for delivery' right now and I'm stuck at work. I'm DYING to get home and load her up when she gets in!!! I've been waiting 7 days for this shipment to GET here!

:thumbsup:

#23 ·
My brother said my tuner came in, but I'm stuck at school! It's killing me inside! lol

#24 ·
You're gonna love it!:kooky:

#26 ·
Loaded up the performance tune, and I can definitely feel a difference! I broke the tire loose a few times, it has a bigger in the pants kinda feel, and I put a tC in his place. :cooldude:

Throttle response is great, the power increase is about what I was expecting, everything is great!

#28 ·
Me and my friend just went for a ride. Gunned it from a slow roll and chirped all the way through 3rd. The 87 tune is really impressing me!

#30 ·
TC limits your power. If you notice a hesitation when you gun it, it won't do that with TC off.

#31 ·
wait till you try the 93 race tune you will really notice a DIFFERENCE:bigthumbsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.