What S/C are you running, and why? *poll* - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
View Poll Results: Which S/C are you running?
Whipple 8 11.76%
Kenne Bell 6 8.82%
Saleen 13 19.12%
Manacharger 1 1.47%
Vortech/Paxton 10 14.71%
Procharger 7 10.29%
E-Force 14 20.59%
Roush M90/TVS2300 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
S197 Member

Whipple-HO Intercooled....and enough said !!

2007 Black on Black, GT 6 Speed
B326 (5.3L) Built Stroker,FRPP CNC PORTED Heads,Kooks LT's,Hi-Flow Catted H,Aluminum Drive Shaft,4:10 Gears,Tokico, Eibach Pro,Nitto 555R,,UCA/LCA, ,HotRod Cams,FRPP 62mm TB,Whipple HO-Intercooled SC,GT-500 Dual Fuel Pumps,Steeda-Whipple 10 Rib Belt Drive System,15 psi, Mcleod RXT Twin Disc Clutch, Moroso 7qt oil pan. Tremec T56 Magnum XL 6 Speed
Plus more...
709 RWHP/712 RWTQ
Mustang Dyno
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

I would get a whipple if I had the balls and $$ to do it

05 gt auto, K&N CAI(off at the time/no tune yet), Mac LTs/prochamber/Mac ABs, Tokico adjustable shocks/struts, FRPP K springs, J&M camber plates, J&M adjustable UCA, CHE adjustable panhard bar, Roush bumper, Roush hood scoop, black out grille, gt500 wing, 315/35/20 NTO5 rear and 255/35/20 555s front on MRR wheels.
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I have the Roush M90 sitting in my basement.
Reason:Wasnt planning on F/I but couldnt pass up the price for an intercooled set up

2006 Redfire GT-CDC Aggressive chin,GT500 rear spoiler,Roush hood scoop and louvers,Shelby hood pins,Street scene grill,Silverhorse racing blackout panel,Roush short throw,Magnaflow catted X,FRPP Stingers,painted mirror covers,Roush M90 S/C

Rookie
S197 Member

Here is another Eforce . Most of us can't compare.... Why the E force? Most important to me is the boost of only 5psi while others make the double or more. Second cause it's a new one with possitive comments in the press and from several tuners and I guess Edelbrock is a quality brand that can't afford selling trash..
Another point is that it starts pulling from low rpm's (streetuse)

Mustang GT 2005: E-Force Supercharger, Steeda driveshaft,Steeda rear swaybar,Steeda LCA's,Baer extreme plus 14"brake system front, Eradispeed back,Koni adj.shocks,Roush extreme lowering springs,Hurst shortshifter comp. Ford Hotrodcams, Kooks LTH and catted X pipe, CAI, Dual fuel system,Flowmaster catbacks,Spec stage 3 and alu flywheel,JZ black dynamic 19" 255/40, cerviniram air hood type IV plus ram air kit, Kenwood dnx 7240 BT,Sequential Taillights
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT E UPP View Post
you didn't say anything!

2005 Sonic Blue Auto GT, ordered new
Procharger D1SC
Thanks JPC Racing!
Apprentice

I chose the Edelbrock because of the design and support from the company. The car has really woken up with just a pulley swap and CAI. Plenty of room to up boost when ready for a forged motor. I researched all other superchargers before making this choice.

Mods: 2007 Silver GT Auto
Mods: Edelbrock E Force S/C w/3.5 pulley and Comp cold air, GT500 Fuel Pumps, Afco HE, MBRP axle back, 4.10 Gears, Magnaflow X Pipe w/cats, J&M LCAs and UCA. Circle D stall.
11.56 @118.55.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

I run an ATI ProCharger. I prefer centrifugal blowers because they are more efficient than positive displacement blowers, so you make more horsepower per pound of boost. I also like that the ProCharger does not require you to tap into your oil pan like some of the others.

This may or may not be relevent info since the ProCharger is on my '89 Mustang and not my '06, but I've done plenty of research and if I put a blower on my '06 GT, it'll be a ProCharger as well.

ProCharger Intercooled Stock 3V Mustangs

There is a reason for ProCharger's success on the racetrack. Just look at what Justin Burcham did years ago with his 05 GT and a ProCharger, or what Evolution is running with their 11 GT and a ProCharger.

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
GT Member
S197 Member

Bunch of antiturbites....booooo....hissss

06 Mustang GT, 76mm turbo @ 22lbs boost, built 302, built fuel, 4r70w + transbrake, gutted, 10.0 @ 136 mph in 1/4 (sold 2011)

S550 mercedes, stock, daily driver

previoulsy owned
2002 viper gts
2006 viper coupe
2013 srt viper base (track package)
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharad View Post
There is a reason for ProCharger's success on the racetrack.
not really relevant to this thread but thought I'd point out Procharger-equipped cars routinely run 6's and 7's in the 1/4 mile with between 2000 and 3000 horsepower. :kooky:

only turbo cars can come close to that (yeah, I heard you forensicsteve, and really have nothing against any form of F/I, I just love HP!!)

2005 Sonic Blue Auto GT, ordered new
Procharger D1SC
Thanks JPC Racing!
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Roush just because of the warranty. Now, I get to increase the boost, get a CAI, L/T headers and a H pipe because the warranty is now dead so it doesnt matter. Figured Id blow the engine somehow but that never happened. Mods coming in the next couple weeks.

2011 Yellow Blaze GT Premium / Boss Intake Manifold/ BBK 85MM Throttle Body / 3.73 gears / BBK ceramic coated Long Tube headers / Catted X pipe / Roush Axle Backs / JLT CAI
PONY Member
S197 Member

I spent about a 1/2 year researching all the different supercharges both pro's and cons. The reason I chose the E Force
1) low end torque
2) local tuner that had done many installs to tune/install
3) looking for around 450 rwhp
4) didn't want to forged the motor
5) wanted the steath feel no whine
6) Knew the Edelbrook name and liked the engineering
7) liked how the E Force showed at car shows
I had my problems with Edelbrook the cai was on back order for about a 1/2 year but over all I love it

06 mustang gt 5 spd manual redfire/Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 # 372 /Tillman 93 tune/450 rwhp 435 rwt/GT 500 fuel system/high flow cats X pipe / chrome bullitt wheels / 10inch nitto 555/ MGW shifter /SLP Loudmouth/ sequential turn signals/J&M lca/ painted agent 47 mirrors and Zanio
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forensicsteve View Post
Bunch of antiturbites....booooo....hissss
Turbos blow....

I would have bought a turbo if I could have found a kit that was emission certified. (Living in the militant State of New Jersey and all)...

I called Brenspeed and asked them about it. At the time (last year) they didn't know of any...

So with that I went with the next best thing, a belt driven turbo....

SCREW those positive displacement POS....

2007 GT, 5 speed, Paxton 2200
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLou View Post

I would have bought a turbo if I could have found a kit that was emission certified.

I would have bought a turbo if I wanted the car to live on jackstands...

No, wait, I would have bought a turbo if I wanted a dyno queen... :hihi:

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
Rookie

LOL - +1...

I like my Whipple because it makes my car go so fast I get scared sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT E UPP View Post

'07 Mustang GT | fordevangelist.com
Current: 1/8th 6.58s @ 110MPH - 1/4: 10.35 @ 135MPH | Corn Fed
Apprentice

Whipple HO kit, all the way. Designed for mustang by Ford Racing, instant boost, insane power with custom tune, killer looks.

06' GT Auto, Whipple H/O 10#, custom tuned, 3k Circle D converter, Shaftmaster D/S, BMR loop, 3:73's, Street - 18 x 10 Nitto NTO5R 315/40/18, Track - Racestar 10" w/MT ET Street Radial Pro 275/60/15: Steeda LCA, relocation brackets, comp. adj. upper 3rd link, panhard bar w/HD brace, Trutrac, BMR K-member, A-arms & radiator support, SLP line lock, 6 pt. roll bar, V6 struts, V6 rear springs, Roush exhaust, Powerslot slotted rotors, Hawk HPS pads. 1/4 mile: 11.121, 1.571 60' @ 121.80
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page