What S/C are you running, and why? *poll* - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
View Poll Results: Which S/C are you running?
Whipple 8 11.76%
Kenne Bell 6 8.82%
Saleen 13 19.12%
Manacharger 1 1.47%
Vortech/Paxton 10 14.71%
Procharger 7 10.29%
E-Force 14 20.59%
Roush M90/TVS2300 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
Whipple HO kit, all the way. Designed for mustang by Ford Racing, instant boost, insane power with custom tune, killer looks.
The FRPP badging simply comes down to marketing and money. Don't let that confuse you with design and engineering. Just like FRPP did not do the R&D or CNC the 3V heads they have in their catalog.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDT View Post
I spoke with almost every supercharger manufacturer out there and did tons of research before I made my choice. It was a very hard decision for me because there are so many good choices. I liked the E Force for several reasons. For one I liked Edelbrock's customer support. They even have a forum where you can communicate with the engineers that design their products. Second, I wanted to buy from a vendor that I knew I could trust. I have purchased a ton of stuff from Brenspeed and they have been excellent to deal with in every way. Third, although it is my opinion, I like the way the supercharger is engineered. The fit and finish are excellent and it was easy to install. Fourth, I like the quiet TVS rotors. Fifth, the E Force is capable of meeting my long term goals as far as power. I have had mine a year now, and I am very satisfied with my choice thus far. If the E Force hadn't been around, I would have probably bought a Saleen. If Brenspeed were a Whipple dealer, then that surely would have been a tough decision. If I would have wanted big power and raced the car a lot, (over 600 rwhp), then I would have went with turbos or a big Procharger.
Thanks for the support Karl!

KDT
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenspeed View Post
Thanks for the support Karl!
Just telling the truth How about a free T shirt

can't blame me for asking......

2008 Vapor Silver GT, 5 Spd Manual Brenspeed Stg 1 Edelbrock E Force, Liberty built 3650 trans w/26 spline input shaft, N2MB WOT Box, GT 500 Fuel System, Kooks Long Tubes, Dynotech Drive Shaft, 3:73 Gears, Steeda UCA & LCAs, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets, Exedy Mach 500 clutch, Nitto Drag Radials

"RWHP - enough to get from 0-95mph in 7.61 seconds"

MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:

That's where I'll be ordering from when the time/money is right to go forced induction. That's where I've ordered my parts from so far and they've yet to lead me wrong. I'm looking at the Paxton, hoping that it will go well with my 4:10s.

Forged bottom end, Ported heads, Saleen super charger, 2.8 blower pulley/15psi, Dual stage water to air intercooler, AFCO heat exchanger, battery relocated, Twin GT500 fuel pumps, T-56 trans, Aluminum flywheel, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 rear gears, Eaton TruTrac Diff, TA Performance rear end girdle, Racecraft suspension system, UCA, LCA, panhard bar, 15" slotted front rotors w/ 6 piston calipers, Carbon Fiber front splitter/rear diffuser, and bunch of other stuff
RWHP/RWTQ is adequate
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
How about a free T shirt

Free t-shirts for everyone!

D.O.B. 3V/GT500 Kit 463 RWHP/ 465 RWTRQ @ 11.5 PSI on 92oct - Dyno Dynamics Dyno
PONY Member

Quote:

when Vic invited me down to so. cal. I get a tour of the plant, a tour of vic's garage, a free dyno/ tune. couple of hats signed by vic. he paid for my hotel room while i was down there. Edelbrocks C/S is top notch.

Legend Lime, GT , Tan Leather, Side Air Bags, IUP, Shaker 1000, 5 Speed
Sequential Lights Whooo Hoooo
LL #0018
I know there are faster cars - my penis still works just fine..."
Proud Owner of the New Edelbrock Supercharger, Serial #0001 signed by Vic Edelbrock!!
~pictures in gallery~
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
Hope to catch you at a meet this year and checkout that super shaker!
Yeah I hope to make it this time. My girlfriend had an emergency work night for the last one.

2005 Ford Mustang GT Torch Red Manual
Saleen Super Shaker 3.4 pulley/Brenspeed Tune
Kooks Longtubes Catted H/FRPP Stingers
Full BMR And Steeda Suspension
FRPP Throttlebody
Dynotech Driveshaft
SOLD!! I have no Mustang at this time!

Quote:

Come on over and check out the shop sometime and I will be more than happy to give you a free shirt
post #39 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011 Thread Starter
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 redfire GT View Post
I spent about a 1/2 year researching all the different supercharges both pro's and cons. The reason I chose the E Force
1) low end torque
2) local tuner that had done many installs to tune/install
3) looking for around 450 rwhp
4) didn't want to forged the motor
5) wanted the steath feel no whine
6) Knew the Edelbrook name and liked the engineering
7) liked how the E Force showed at car shows
I had my problems with Edelbrook the cai was on back order for about a 1/2 year but over all I love it
I finally got my E-Force CAI installed 2 weeks ago myself! Looks very similar to an Airraid CAI minus the elbow of course. But it actually helped the idle surge issue i had a little bit. Its surges about 50-75% less frequently now which has me happy. Not to mention i finally am not running a "hot air intake"

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

hey forum moderators, can you make the poll visible to people who have not voted?

since I don't have an S/C on my car, I'd rather not put in a phony vote just so I can see the poll results

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day

Right next to the actually poll in the bottom right corner shoul dbe a link clabeled view results or something along those lines. Click on it and it will give you waht you are looking for.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Right next to the actually poll in the bottom right corner shoul dbe a link clabeled view results or something along those lines. Click on it and it will give you waht you are looking for.
got it!

thanks, I guess I should have noticed that myself, I'm used to seeing the poll or not seeing it . . .

interestingly enough, the two that I am most interested in -- Saleen and E-Force -- are tied for the most votes so far

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

ProCharger. Only intercooled system at the time of purchse. Like the fact cars not always making boost while driving on the street. LOVE THE WHINE
GT Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via AIM to MeanChad1 Send a message via Skype™ to MeanChad1
Vortech V3 Si because I love the whistle sound and I have always wanted to have a blow off valve turbo sound and I got that with a custom air to air intercooler set up and a tial 50mm bov.

YouTube - Mustang supercharged bov

2003 Mustang GT: Its blown and fully built
Apprentice

I went with the Vortech on my daughters car for a few reasons. 1. She has an auto and I was a little concerned with the strength of the auto 2. I wanted less low end torque to minimize wheel spin and the expense of needed suspension parts and 3. Didn't want to add more than 100 to 125 hp to her car. She's drove it a little over a year now with no problems. As for Brenspeed can't say anything but good things about them. I'll be going back soon to have them put a Saleen on mine for all the oposite reasons of my daughters. I want the low end torque, I have a 5spd and I want around 475hp max so I don't have to go with the forged bottom end.

06 GT Satin Silver 5spd

Performance: Vortech S/C, Brenspeed tune, FRPP Exhaust, Hurst Shifter

Beer is proof that God loves us - Benjamin Franklin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page