What S/C are you running, and why? *poll* - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum
View Poll Results: Which S/C are you running?
Whipple 8 11.76%
Kenne Bell 6 8.82%
Saleen 13 19.12%
Manacharger 1 1.47%
Vortech/Paxton 10 14.71%
Procharger 7 10.29%
E-Force 14 20.59%
Roush M90/TVS2300 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to 05roush
Vortech for me. At the time I was wanting to keep everything roush but looking at the cost to hp ratio the m90 was not up to par with the potential of the vortech v3. The TVS models were only available on a production roush p51 at that time or I would have gotten the roush TVS. Just to keep it all roush. And all honestly, if I would of known then what I know now I would have waited. I would like to have more torque down low as my car is a weekend driver that may see a car show or two each summer. Don't get me wrong the vortech makes good power but it is up top which would be great for a drag set up so you have less traction issues. Hopefully adding 4.10s soon will be pleasing for my set up. If so I will keep it as is. If not I will sell the vortech and pick up a positive displacement blower.

2005 BLACK Mustang GT Roush #05-0090 of 204 M5,
DOB manifold, m122 SC, gt500 TB, 52lbers, KB BAP, AFCO HE
Brisk plugs, Mac Lt's, Off road x, Roush TVS CAI,
Detroit rocker sc grind cams, Brenspeed 93 tune,
10 psi (2.875" pulley) 479rwhp-433ftlbs sae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05roush View Post
Vortech for me. At the time I was wanting to keep everything roush but looking at the cost to hp ratio the m90 was not up to par with the potential of the vortech v3. The TVS models were only available on a production roush p51 at that time or I would have gotten the roush TVS. Just to keep it all roush. And all honestly, if I would of known then what I know now I would have waited. I would like to have more torque down low as my car is a weekend driver that may see a car show or two each summer. Don't get me wrong the vortech makes good power but it is up top which would be great for a drag set up so you have less traction issues. Hopefully adding 4.10s soon will be pleasing for my set up. If so I will keep it as is. If not I will sell the vortech and pick up a positive displacement blower.
I agree, I have a set of 3.90's for my daughters car which I think may help a lot but havent got them put in yet.

06 GT Satin Silver 5spd

Performance: Vortech S/C, Brenspeed tune, FRPP Exhaust, Hurst Shifter

Beer is proof that God loves us - Benjamin Franklin
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Mine came with it.

2007 GT Convertible •5 spd •450 rwhp 445 rwtq
Saleen Supercharged •C&L Racer CAI •Brenspeed Custom Dyno Tuned •3.73 FRPP •MGW Shifter •CHE K brace & torque limiters •Kooks 1 3/4" LT Headers 3" collectors 3" off road x-pipe •3" Magnaflow Magnapacks •18" FR500 Wheels •275 Rear Tires •GT500 Fuel Pump •Steeda Sports Springs •GT500 shocks struts front sway bar •Steeda LCA & pan hard bar •Slotted/Drilled Rotors •more...
Stock exterior for effect! ░▒▓█

MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

It was part of the extreme options paskage.

Forged bottom end, Ported heads, Saleen super charger, 2.8 blower pulley/15psi, Dual stage water to air intercooler, AFCO heat exchanger, battery relocated, Twin GT500 fuel pumps, T-56 trans, Aluminum flywheel, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 rear gears, Eaton TruTrac Diff, TA Performance rear end girdle, Racecraft suspension system, UCA, LCA, panhard bar, 15" slotted front rotors w/ 6 piston calipers, Carbon Fiber front splitter/rear diffuser, and bunch of other stuff
RWHP/RWTQ is adequate
PONY Member

I went with the E-Force since I liked the design, the look and I was intrigued with the TVS rotor design but wanted an easier install than the Roush TVS unit. I also liked the front single blade throttle body that it comes with.

300 stroker @ 11:1 compression, FRPP Stage 2 heads, 127300 cams, 4r70W, Kooks 1 3/4" lt's with 3" H mid-pipe, FRPP stinger mufflers, B&M ratchet shifter, UPR LCA's, JPC race UCA. E-Force TVS. Engine built by Everett's specialty repair, tuned by Manuel @ tudyno.com 9.98 @ 136.55 1.39 60'
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysan View Post
I went with the E-Force since I liked the design, the look and I was intrigued with the TVS rotor design but wanted an easier install than the Roush TVS unit. I also liked the front single blade throttle body that it comes with.
The E-Force is a great kit, and is probably the best looking blower under the hood

XCharger HiPo 2.8, JBA shorty headers, Zabteck ported & polished TB, Mac ProChamber, Flowmaster American Thunders, GT500 shocks/struts/strut mounts, GT500 front LCA's, Shaftmasters 4" aluminum d/s
PONY Member
S197 Member

I went with the Techco. At the time the E-force was just comming out and the first install was having a problem which turned out to be a bad spark plug. I liked the fact that Techco manufactured every part, was a twin screw with 3L flow, had a front intake with an air/water intercooler with very low intake temps. Their kit was complete and straight forward to install. The promise was great...I took a huge gulp when they went out of business a few months later. If I knew then what I know now I most likley would have gone with the E-Force. Two years later there have been no problems. knock on wood. GA

05GT, 09 GT500 Drivetrain, 2.6 pulley, JLT intake, 18x9.5 GT500 wheels, 14" Brembos, 2014 rear brakes, 14 cooling fan, Cortex racing Koni Coilovers, Cortex Watts Link BMR:K-Member, Tube rad support, adj upper third link, rear relo brackets,JBA long tubes and catted mid pipe, Stillen adj front & rear sway bars, Bump steer kit, Steeda shifter, Spydershaft Aluminum DS.
John Lund tune, 568 rwhp, 560 tq.
Rookie

I just installed my E-Force Stage 1 from Brenspeed and love it! Seemed like the smart choice for me to put in my DD.
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXSnowDogXxX View Post
I just installed my E-Force Stage 1 from Brenspeed and love it! Seemed like the smart choice for me to put in my DD.
Thats the one I would pick for a dd too. Plus I think it's the best looking blower you can get

XCharger HiPo 2.8, JBA shorty headers, Zabteck ported & polished TB, Mac ProChamber, Flowmaster American Thunders, GT500 shocks/struts/strut mounts, GT500 front LCA's, Shaftmasters 4" aluminum d/s
post #55 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011 Thread Starter
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05mystang View Post
Thats the one I would pick for a dd too. Plus I think it's the best looking blower you can get
DD with 15,000 on the blower here

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page