Convincing the parents? (2006 Mustang GT) - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

well, ill tell you.im 19 so theres not much difference in price or age. I pay $330 for full coverage. but I have a ticket. that means I pay $708 a month just on my car, and that doesn't include gas! also I had to go to an insurance broker to get this rate. everywhere else it was $430-$450.

Since you have no tickets. full coverage will be from $270-350 no full coverage probably $150

2010 Performance White Mustang GT
FRRP Hot Rod Cams, CAI+Tune, longtube headers, Steeda intake delete plugs, Spec stage 2 clutch and flywheel, SLP LM, 3.73 gears, hurst short throw, steeda LCA, Steeda sport springs, gt500 struts, Powerslot rotors, and a bunch of appearance mods
324rwhp 308tq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDSBlackJack View Post
well, ill tell you.im 19 so theres not much difference in price or age. I pay $330 for full coverage. but I have a ticket. that means I pay $708 a month just on my car, and that doesn't include gas! also I had to go to an insurance broker to get this rate. everywhere else it was $430-$450.

Since you have no tickets. full coverage will be from $270-350 no full coverage probably $150
Wow, that's A LOT cheaper than I thought. Thanks!!

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

There's a reason why insurance is high on GT's for 16 year olds. I know you can get in trouble in any car coz the problem is the driver not the car. But that's intentional trouble. The unintentional ones that catches you unaware and most likely will hurt you, your car, and others that you want to avoid.

Unless you go to some serious defensive AND high performance driving school, if I'm your father, I would start you off with an old sporty 4 or 6 banger that you can get rid of easily then move on to bigger ones.

I didn't like that idea myself when I was young but not that I am over 35 years old, I'm glad I took that route. Very glad indeed!

Oh yeah, I had my own unwarranted spills with my stick shift V6 Firebird. If it were a 315 hp V8 Trans Am, I probably would be collecting lifetime disability early in life.

Even after all the driving experience I have. at 500 hp, I still catch myself sometimes using too much power where more lateral control is required instead.

I highly suggest you get an old BMW 3 series. I'll guarantee that it will keep you entertained much longer than you expect. If you don't mind driving a Miata's, that's a good one also. I've driven my friend's, and it was really fun. It really feels like being in a gokart or a big motorcycle.

Same thing applies with motorcycles. Been there, done that! Too much too soon almost sent me under a semi on the interstate.

2007 GT Convertible •5 spd •450 rwhp 445 rwtq
Saleen Supercharged •C&L Racer CAI •Brenspeed Custom Dyno Tuned •3.73 FRPP •MGW Shifter •CHE K brace & torque limiters •Kooks 1 3/4" LT Headers 3" collectors 3" off road x-pipe •3" Magnaflow Magnapacks •18" FR500 Wheels •275 Rear Tires •GT500 Fuel Pump •Steeda Sports Springs •GT500 shocks struts front sway bar •Steeda LCA & pan hard bar •Slotted/Drilled Rotors •more...
Stock exterior for effect! ░▒▓█

Apprentice

Garage
Im 16 years old and bought my mustang last year. I am going to suggest buying the V6 in FULL CASH. Payments suck and you will get tired very quickly. I know its hard being the one in the V6 but really its not bad at all.

Insurance is what will really kick you butt if you dont watch it. My sisters insurance on her 07 V6 being 18 is around 1000 every 6 months. Full Coverage.

Mine is 800 every 6 months for an already paid for 08 V6. It does contain a rebuilt title which contributes toward that price. I paid 11,500 for my mustang and i love it. give it time and you will love the V6.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RPM.jpg
Views:	1666
Size:	440.8 KB
ID:	118810  
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
Say its built in America, Its got nice big visible tail lights which are safe, bright lights in front so you can see the road, functional flip down rear seat to load up stuff, only has 4 seats so you won't be able to cram tons of crazy ppl in it even if you wanted, has traction control also a great safety feature.

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

PONY Member
S197 Member

Welcome buddy!!

No offense, but at 16 you don't need a GT :nogrinner and no way would I allow my 16 year old to buy one and live under my roof.

Trust me, buy the Mustang V6 cash and you WILL BE THE MAN on campus Good luck to ya & keep us posted!

Peace....The MadMan :smoke:
Current: 2008 Tjaarda 350T
K&N CAI - Eibach Springs|Baer 14” Zinc Coated, Slotted & Drilled Rotors|6-Piston Front Calipers|GT Legends with Nitto NT-555 255/35ZR20 Front and 275/35ZR20 Rear|Custom side exhaust|Molded Front Fascia|Hood|Carbon Fiber Rocker Panels|Lower Side Scoops|Rear Fascia|4“ Ion Crystal Fog Lamps|2.5“ PIAA Extreme White Driving Lights
Sold: 2006 Premium Tung Grey GT - 5 speed
Apprentice

Heres a little info for ya if your being covered under your dads insurance which will probly happen cuz it will be a lil cheaper. If you were to get in a accident and hurt someone seriously ( but hopefully that doesnt happen) the people you hurt will own your parents because of a stupid decision by a young kid behind the wheel of a car with too much power. v6 will be just fine for you. Even a v6 RWD sports car will still be dangerous for a young kid.
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbymoon2 View Post
Im 16 years old and bought my mustang last year. I am going to suggest buying the V6 in FULL CASH. Payments suck and you will get tired very quickly. I know its hard being the one in the V6 but really its not bad at all.

Insurance is what will really kick you butt if you dont watch it. My sisters insurance on her 07 V6 being 18 is around 1000 every 6 months. Full Coverage.

Mine is 800 every 6 months for an already paid for 08 V6. It does contain a rebuilt title which contributes toward that price. I paid 11,500 for my mustang and i love it. give it time and you will love the V6.
I have all the cash set aside so it's not a big deal. I'm only looking for cars I can afford, lol. Thanks for the advice though every bit helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
Say its built in America, Its got nice big visible tail lights which are safe, bright lights in front so you can see the road, functional flip down rear seat to load up stuff, only has 4 seats so you won't be able to cram tons of crazy ppl in it even if you wanted, has traction control also a great safety feature.
Great points, hadn't though of any of those. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric The MadMan View Post
Welcome buddy!!

No offense, but at 16 you don't need a GT :nogrinner and no way would I allow my 16 year old to buy one and live under my roof.

Trust me, buy the Mustang V6 cash and you WILL BE THE MAN on campus Good luck to ya & keep us posted!
Thanks for the welcome! I don't actually plan on getting the car until I'm AT LEAST 17 years old, waiting for MUCH more driving experience especially in my Dad's Audi (god knows how many horses he gets 0.0).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06MUSTANGPONY View Post
Heres a little info for ya if your being covered under your dads insurance which will probly happen cuz it will be a lil cheaper. If you were to get in a accident and hurt someone seriously ( but hopefully that doesnt happen) the people you hurt will own your parents because of a stupid decision by a young kid behind the wheel of a car with too much power. v6 will be just fine for you. Even a v6 RWD sports car will still be dangerous for a young kid.
Yeah good point, I'd have to be extra careful.
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I'll just bump this up one more time to see if anyone has anything else to say.

Also, I'd like to add that the price just dropped to $14k. :kooky::kooky::kooky:
GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

in ur case a GT is not a good idea for a 16/17 year old
BUT u could be like me and my first car was 1970 Mustang with a VERY healthy 351W V8 but at the same time its only putting out 230HP to the wheels but enough TQ to through u sideways

but going to college in sacramento when i live about 25-30 miles away SUCKS!!! i had to fill up on gas Twice a week and it is a 21 gallon tank

after about a year i had too get a more reliable car and something better on gas, i mean sure i could have got a Bada$$ Audi or a VW golf but i went with my 06 V6 stang and i love it (i was also offered my brothers 01 GT which is putting out about 412HP to the wheels but i didnt and its a good thing there were some problems with it like he had to put a new clutch and some other things) but the nice thing is i got my V6 for a hell of a deal for $14,480 out the door and the car only had 13,000 miles on it
but u can find a nice V6 for a good deal and than u can mod it the way u like
and a GT is bad on gas unless u live 5 min away from school even then its high in the payments of insurance

just my two cents

2006 V6 tungsten gray
Performance= Upgraded headers, Dual GT500 Mufflers, GT swaybars front and back
Looks= Black billet grille, Tri-bar pony, Black out panel, 8" antenna, Sequential taillights, 2010 GT 19" rims, GT front bumper
Interior= Dash cover, 6.3" Jensen touchscreen, white ball shifter, Custom box for a 10" sub

1970 Mustang Coupe SOLD
Rookie
S197 Member

I dont know you personally but you seem like a pretty mature kid, my first car when I was 16 was a Camaro with a 383 stroker that I built while I was in school and had 400 hp, and I also had a Jeep Wrangler 4.0 as a daily driver both are cars everyone told me not have. So Im not gonna tell you what you can and cant handle because it was never an issue for me the only difference is I paid for everything myself. I will tell you though I bought my 06 fully loaded GT with 2500 miles in 2008 for a 1000 miles less then what they are telling you. You have to get that price down. Also tell your parent parts for european cars are sooooo much more expensive then american cars. One more thing when I got my GT my insurance dropped a significant amount from what I was paying for my Infiniti. Let us know how it goes.
MACH I Member

Go for it … just listening to the news in the background w/ the D-bags in Congress … get it while you can. I just took my 19 Suffolk U Sophomore to the Subaru dealer and bought a white 2011 STI ltd edition Impreza. Maybe he'll let me try it. Good luck kid!!! Almost forgot … he'll be working 3-4 days a week in Boston next semester for a little kick back to me.

2005 GT coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page