Camaro outsold Mustang in 2010 - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Camaro's are getting alot of hype with movies and what not right now. So everyone wants their own personal bumblebee!!! Even though I haven't seen a single yellow one yet.

Personally, I was originally looking at both Camaro's and Mustang's when I was looking to buy a sports car. What led me away from the camaro's was the back window. I couldn't see a F$%#ing thing. So the Mustang won me over. But, the style of the S197 won me over the new 2010-2011 style. The new ones are sleeker looking and are more powerful but, the S197 just looks so much tougher looking that I couldn't resist.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

no bumble bee from transformers can beat the mustang from Death Race... ahhh that beautiful stang..

GT Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDroid View Post
no bumble bee from transformers can beat the mustang from Death Race... ahhh that beautiful stang..
AMEN

03 GT SUPERCHARGED-SOLD
2010 FUSION SPORT
2000 F-350 7.3L SD

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terreos View Post
Camaro's are getting alot of hype with movies and what not right now. So everyone wants their own personal bumblebee!!! Even though I haven't seen a single yellow one yet.
There's a dude on post here at Ft. Huachuca who drives one (yellow). Even has the Autobots badge on the side where the GM badge would usually be!!
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I won't lye that would be cool to see in person.

Hmm. . .maybe I should out some Decepticon badges for my stang since one of the Decepticons was a mustang.
GT Member
S197 Member

I read that yesterday too. Around here, Mustangs faaaaaaaaaaar outnumber Camaros!

2008 Mustang GT Premium, coupe, GT500-esque conversion, standard, torch red w/dark charcoal interior, K&N CAI, BBK twin 62mm throttle body, BBK tuned shorty headers, SCT SF3 / X3 Power Flash Preloaded Custom Tuner, Steeda UDPs, MGW shifter, 18" chrome GT500 wheels, turn signal side mirrors. Torch Red Registry #249

2013 Lexus RX350, 270 HP V6, Fire Agate/Parchment

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

It's about the same between mustangs and camaros here. But, I can say most of the camaro owners are younger than me. Which makes me wonder how they have the money for these cars?

But, the important thing is I know of four different Shelby's around my area and only one Corvette.
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

In my area I have only seen one camaro regularly and another one occasion but somewhat regularly. Both of those were not the SS. I have seen the rarer high end Camaro but I assume they were passin through as I haven't seen them again. I see many more Stangs....not in overwhelming numbers in my immediate area but more nonetheless.

This might be heresy here but when I first started entertaining buying a new car I really planned on buying the Camaro (I had a 25th Anny edition back in the 90s). I signed up for updates from the Camaro site and waited, and waited, and waited, and finally said "f" it....these putzes can't find their *$&! with both hands and a map and then started looking at the Mustang.....the rest is history. I think both cars have their merits and if I had the money I would certainly have an SS Camaro.......just saying

2008 Vapor Metallic GT Premium - 5 Spd, IUP, GTAP, Pypes Violators, 17" Aftermarket Wheels (Black/Polished), 8" Shorty Antenna, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Tinted Windows, GT500 Pedals, Pony Tri-bar Mats, CHE LCAs, Mag B-out Panel, GT Pony Dead Pedal, Smoked LED 3rd Brake Lt., Blkd-out turn sigs w/Stealth Bulbs, Projector HLs, Xenon 1/4 Window Lvrs, Splash Guards , Sequentials.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terreos View Post
I won't lye that would be cool to see in person.

Hmm. . .maybe I should out some Decepticon badges for my stang since one of the Decepticons was a mustang.
Don't know what the fascination with Transformers is, you should all grow up.

Life is hard, it's harder if your stupid.
John Wayne
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derklug View Post
Don't know what the fascination with Transformers is, you should all grow up.
You're right I'm sorry for being so juvenile. ((Admires your Decepticon badge. ))
Apprentice
S197 Member

i went by two large dealers the other day here in northwest indiana, the one on the north side of rt. 20, a chevy dealer,the one on the south side a ford dealer. the chevy dealer had 15 camaros out front, the ford dealer had ZERO mustangs sitting there!!! camaros arent out selling mustangs or challengers here in the midwest!!

comp nsr stage 2 cams,steeda cai. brenspeed 93 octane tune, sct tuner. ud pullies cmd plates.bbk shorty ceramic headers. magnaflow catted x-pipe. jba mufflers. steeda- rear sway bar, panhard bar & brace, lower & upper control arms, spidershaft alum. ds. deep tranny pan. 3.73 ford racing gears. lpw diff. cover.che k-member brace with torque limiters. front brake cooling kit. + more!
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerdown View Post
There's a dude on post here at Ft. Huachuca who drives one (yellow). Even has the Autobots badge on the side where the GM badge would usually be!!

That's so weak. Betcha Chevrolet would put out a Hello KItty edition if they could get some cross-promo going. Bullit vs Transformer, give me the Bullit everytime.

Mokie's Ride: 2007 Windveil Blue V6 Mustang Coupe
Blk Gas Door, Blk Taillight Bezels, Taillight Panel BlackOut, Blk Pedestal Spoiler, Mesh Grille,
Sequential Taillights, Spinner-Style Center Caps, Dual Exhaust, Custom Leather Armrest, Agent 47 Sideview Mirrors, Strut Tower Brace
windveilbluemustangregistry.com

GJV
Rookie
S197 Member

I just love seeing cool American MUSCLE CARS back on the road again!!!

I think we are in a great era here with all the Mustangs, Camaros & Challengers out there returning to the road. I Live in L.A. and I'm soooo tired of the cookie-cutter Lexus / Beamer / Benz thing. They all look like the SAME CAR. (Actually, they all look like giant BASKETBALL SHOES to me.)

So bring on the MUSCLE!

-GV
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
went by two large dealers the other day here in northwest indiana, the one on the north side of rt. 20, a chevy dealer,the one on the south side a ford dealer. the chevy dealer had 15 camaros out front, the ford dealer had ZERO mustangs sitting there
The above on its own does not mean anything. Too many unknowns to draw a conclusion.

The Ford dealership may be selling very few mustangs and needs a much smaller inventory than the Chevy dealership that is selling loads of Camaros. The Ford dealer could have 15 mustangs in the back, just not on display etc etc etc.

06 Mustang GT, 76mm turbo @ 22lbs boost, built 302, built fuel, 4r70w + transbrake, gutted, 10.0 @ 136 mph in 1/4 (sold 2011)

S550 mercedes, stock, daily driver

previoulsy owned
2002 viper gts
2006 viper coupe
2013 srt viper base (track package)
GT Member

You have to be careful interpreting statistics. Remember the Camaro had two years of pent up demand after the show car made a splash at the auto show. Plus the Camaro had been discontinued for a number years again pent up demand. There was a huge movie intro. How many months did they actually sell the Camaro as a 2010? When was it leaked that the 2011 Mustang would have a 5.0 motor? How many months was the 2010 sold before that info got out? I got nearly 8k off the price of 2010 back last May. Kind of tells me demand just wasn't there for the new body and old motor.

In any case I made the right decision for me.

Alex
2010 GTRR in 5.0 Magazine [http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/m5lp-1212-2010-ford-mustang-gt-rr-total-fabrication/viewall.html]

2015 White SC, PP, etc....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page