Can you add a package upgrade to a car after it's bought? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Can you add a package upgrade to a car after it's bought?

Hey, I'm just curious. If I'm about to buy a car without a specific package that I had wanted, can I take it to a dealer and have it added?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2011
PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Smokey88
yes/no. What package are you looking at having done? Depends on the package

08 GT Hurst Shifter, Fidanza clutch, JLT CAI, Kooks Longtubes and O/R X, BBR tune, SSS Terminator mufflers, M80 mufflers, Eibach pro kit, Eibach struts and shocks, Asanti AF 135 rims, 295/35/20 rear tires More to come!
Old 01-07-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

mainly the electronics package and security package. Electronics has a dual temperature control and navigation screen. security package has a anti theft system and wheel locks

Old 01-07-2011
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Go talk to the dealership about the Nav and ETAC and look at the cost involved. It requires a lot more than just changing the radio out, it has different harnesses, heater controls (not just the on off switches either) ECT...
The security package is easy, my local dealer does that for the cost on the build and price page.

Probably be easier to have the dealership try to find the car you want.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
Old 01-08-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

thanks. yeah, probably would. im looking for a used though, and if i bring up the word used car at the ford dealership near me they direct me somewhere else.
Old 01-10-2011
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Carmax found my friend exactly what he wanted and then had it shipped to Knoxville from Somewhere in Texas.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
Old 01-10-2011
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I have the security package and I gotta tell you I have no idea what the differance is in my alarm and every one elses. As far as the wheel locks go you could just buy some. When I ordered my car the security package was a $375 option. Kinda wish I had got the electronics package but it was like 1500-2k more cant remember off the top of my head.

97 GT. RIP (thrown rod). Now back from the dead

2010 GT black on black security package accent trim. Delivered 26 APRIL 10
C&L cold air w/tune, BBK shoties, flow master axel back, STEEDA UDPs, Ford Racing 3.73s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in