HID install pics - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

HID install pics

Thought I'd share some pics of the HIDs I just installed. This is just the standard DDM kit, 35w, 5k color temp. I thought I'd give these a try since a lot of people think they are a good value. If the ballasts start giving me problems, I'm ordering a kit from Retro Solutions.

I really did not want to get some high-powered kit that would throw light everywhere and blind other drivers. Usually I'm not a fan of putting these kits in non-projector housings, but since I have an '05, I have the stock bulb shields built into the housing, which cuts down on the glare.

Pic 1 shows the cutoff. It's no sharp cutoff but I think it's decent. The color temp seems to be a bit higher than 5k but I'm satisfied with it.

Pic 2 is a comparison: 5k HID in the headlight and Sylvania Silverstar in the foglight

Pic 3 is the pattern with fogs on

I'd debating doing 3k regular bulbs or HIDs in the fog lights.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hid.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	232.1 KB
ID:	119074   Click image for larger version

Name:	hid4.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	238.7 KB
ID:	119075   Click image for larger version

Name:	hid5.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	235.7 KB
ID:	119076  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011
GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

looks good
i had the hid's in my car for a day cause my left side would keep going out and it drained my battery but for now im going with new bulbs

2006 V6 tungsten gray
Performance= Upgraded headers, Dual GT500 Mufflers, GT swaybars front and back
Looks= Black billet grille, Tri-bar pony, Black out panel, 8" antenna, Sequential taillights, 2010 GT 19" rims, GT front bumper
Interior= Dash cover, 6.3" Jensen touchscreen, white ball shifter, Custom box for a 10" sub

1970 Mustang Coupe SOLD
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Looks pretty good I definitely think it's a good deal to go with either 5 or 6k because it doesn't absolutely blind other drivers but you still get the advantages. Plus it's not blue! I like it.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by s197inthe208 View Post
Looks pretty good I definitely think it's a good deal to go with either 5 or 6k because it doesn't absolutely blind other drivers but you still get the advantages. Plus it's not blue! I like it.
Yes I like pure white, usable light.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011
Rookie

I'm thinking of going with the AM HID Dual Beam Headlight Conversion Kit (H13 Bulb). Anyone have any experience with this kit?
The product description states..."This HID Kit utilizes electromagnetic servo technology that is integrated right into the bulb holder to re-aim the headlight bulb up or down to switch between high and low beams." Electro-magnetic servo technology!? What the heck does that mean?

2006 GT Coupe, Black Clearcoat, 5 Speed, Dark Charcoal Leather, 18" bullitt (64W), ISAP, Spoiler delete, sequentials, 20% tint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page