Sloshing in my trunk? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Sloshing in my trunk?

I filled my mustang up yesterday and today I drove with the radio off to listen to 0.00FM mustang exhaust channel. I heard sloshing coming from my trunk when I took turns or went over speed bumps. Is this just gas sloshing in the tank? Thanks

2008 Mustang V6 Grabber Orange
Performance: JLT CAI and Bama Tune, Dynomax Dual exhaust, Shorty Headers, Screamin' Demon coil and Livewires, Oil Catch Can,Shaker Hood Scoop
Looks: Quater Window Louvers, Shorty Antenna, GT Front Grille and Bumper, Tint,Painted Mirror Covers, Chrome door pins, Pony floor mats, LED Footwells, 4.0 Emblems, Stealth Mud Flaps, Sequentials, Chrome Cupholder Bezel, Grabber orange trim, 12"racing stripes with pinstripes, GT rocker panels, GT takeoff 18" aluminum wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Mustang2005
I would think so unless you have a hidden water bed. LOL

05 GT
C&L Racer Intake. 87-91-93 octane programs from Brenspeed. Motion Plate Delete Plates(NOS ports). Throttle body spacer taken out 1 week after install. Ford Racing Shorty Headers, Custom High flow cats, Steeda UDP's. Steeda GT axel backs. Steeda Lower control arms, Shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft. A surprise rebuild by brother (Master Mechanic) He calls it a stroker. Custom heads and cams with who the hell knows what else.Oh the NOS kit I dont have a bottle for.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011
ski
GT Member
S197 Member

Check for water in the spare tire well. My 05 GT had a trunk leak that deposited quite a bit of water in that location.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011
Rookie

its the gas, just let your car get almost to empty and when your in the gas station as your filling it up sit inside the car... u will get scared lol
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011
PONY Member

Well I think one would be more scared looking at the total amount spent on fuel.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Haha yeah I let it get to empty and then filled it. I figured thats what it is. SCary... Thanks everyone

Performance: JLT CAI and Bama Tune, Dynomax Dual exhaust, Shorty Headers, Screamin' Demon coil and Livewires, Oil Catch Can,Shaker Hood Scoop
Looks: Quater Window Louvers, Shorty Antenna, GT Front Grille and Bumper, Tint,Painted Mirror Covers, Chrome door pins, Pony floor mats, LED Footwells, 4.0 Emblems, Stealth Mud Flaps, Sequentials, Chrome Cupholder Bezel, Grabber orange trim, 12"racing stripes with pinstripes, GT rocker panels, GT takeoff 18" aluminum wheels
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011
MACH I Member

Garage
would getting that fat dead guy out of your trunk help?...

IF MY CAR WENT AS FAST AS THE MONEY I SPEND ON IT, I'D WIN EVERY RACE
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Thats what that noise was... :P

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012
Rookie

Check your rear spoiler, assuming your mustang has one.

I noticed a sloshing sound coming from the trunk of my 03 Mach1 last year. Soon after this, I thought I heard air leaking from a tire. It turned out to be air leaking from the spoiler.
After removing the spoiler, it appeared to have about 1/2 a gallon of water inside it. I could not see any holes in it, but I assume there must be one or more small pin holes in it somewhere.

Even with the spoiler removed, the water would not drain from it. I ended up drilling a small hole on each side of the spoiler where it mounts to the trunk.
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
its the gas tank, i heard it extra when i pulled my rear seat for 2 days during my MRT lightbar install. You only hear it cause you're exhaust isn't loud enough, YET

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

Rookie

I found it!

I have a 2008 convertble with that sloshing noise. It is not the gas tank. It is water trapped in the passenger rear quarter somplace.

Here's my story... I put the top down last weekend to enjoy the sun, and after driving around a bit, I parked and sat in the car awhile. I heard a wierd running water sound coming from the back, so I jumped out and snapped a couple of photos to catch it in the act.

I circled the drain holes in yellow, indicated the water in blue. after it drained and drained and drained, the sloshing sound was gone!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stangleak1.jpg
Views:	3251
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	153094  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page