My Mustang Hangs In The Balance - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011
mmckee83

My Mustang Hangs In The Balance

UghÖÖI am trying to type through the tears, but why canít the wife understand the relationship between a ford mustang and its owner? Looks like my 2008 Mustang GT, Premium with every option, grabber orange coupe with black racing stripes, 4000 miles, never seen rain, snow or salt (thank you northeast) is in jeopardy of a trade in for a 2011 F-150 because that is ďmore practicalĒ at this time in life. I see it as every other story, get rid of it now and not get another one for 30 years (sniff, sniff). The only good that I see in this is that it is another Ford that is the possibility!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011
GT Member

At the risk of starting a family brawl, if she wants an F-150 so bad why doesnít she trade her car in for one?

post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011
GT Member
Classic Member

Tell her to trade her car in for the truck...

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Why does it have to be a brand new F-150? Why not get an older truck and keep the mustang?

2oo1 Mustang Cobra Convert.
My mods? I'll tell you once we cross the finish line.
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011
GT Member
S197 Member

Garage
My wife always gets the "PRACTICAL VEHICLE". I have never owned a 4 door car in my life.

Howelldaddy
89 LX Notch: Floo-Tek 5.0X heads, GT-40 intake, B-303 cam, Dynamic 3800 converter, 4.10:1 gears & lots of suspension work. 12.50 @ 106.42 MPH.
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011
Apprentice
S197 Member

Oh, the joys of being single...

*cries self to sleep*

so ronery...
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011
Apprentice

Forget that the truck isnt really practical if you look at the cost of gas. I friend is trading in his 4 door ford truck because the cost of gas doesnt make the truck worth it. Keep the stang and get a cheap practical car
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011
MACH I Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Time to start looking for another Wife
No Way would I get rid of a 08 Grabber Orange GT Premium with 4K on it that's never seen Rain ir Snow. That's why I drive a 1990 F150 4X4 and also have a 1992 F150 2X4 XLT , the Wife Drives Her Cavalier. That Grabber Orange GT is one Special Stang, Dont Let It Go

2002 GT Premium Auto Mineral Grey. Pypes Violater Cat Back Exhaust.
2003 V6 Auto Oxford White, all original no Mods
SOLD 2007 V6 Premium Pony
FORD BUILT WITHOUT YOUR TAX DOLLARS
SAVE AMERICA STOP OBAMA!
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellasnake View Post
Why does it have to be a brand new F-150? Why not get an older truck and keep the mustang?
+1 Thats exactly what I did. Bought an 02 truck and got my 06 mustang gt . It worked out rather well, now my car still get's to stay out of the rain and snow! As the truck is a daily driver

Being married, I would say I understand, but my wife is super cool when it comes to that stuff, she doesn't mind that I have my toys and such, I just have to keep it reasonable, i.e I got my stang, but I can turn around and put a supercharger on it (though I can feel the power burning inside me ! LOL) I just have to take things in stages.
Maybe a compromise? keep your car and let her pick her a new car? I dunno dude, that sucks though.. I've owned 4 mustangs since being married,so I guess I've got it luckier than I thought.
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Tell her NO.... Actually that would probably end badly, get a older model f-150
GT Member
S197 Member

If worse comes to worse and you have to get rid of it, keep faith brother! I had to do the same (not for practical reasons, but for my first son being born) and 4 years later I have a better one. Just think, giving it up now could net you a GT500 in a few years when their prices have gone down. :kooky:

2019 GT - Velocity Blue with Black Accent Package
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

If it's that important to you and she's not open to compromise or exploring alternative options then she obviously doesn't care that much about your feelings and it's probably not a relationship that you need to keep struggling in.

If she really loved you and really cared about your feelings she would see how much the car meant to you and would try to find another way to get the truck or something "more practical" while still keeping the mustang. like getting an older truck or something along those lines.

It may suck but in the end, life is all about your happiness, there's no point in being miserable in a relationship just because you like someone or think that's what should happen. If it's not making you happy or resulting in your happiness then it's not something you should continue doing. Don't like your job? get a new one. Don't like your house? move. Don't like your car? get one you do. Don't like your wife making you bend to her will and throw away the things you love? trade her in on a girl that likes mustangs.

2015 Oxford White GT Manual Transmission
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Manual Transmission - Sold.
2012 Grabber Blue V6 - T-boned and totaled.
2008 Performance White V6 - SOLD!
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

^ Having a new born son is a better reason than "a new F150 is more practical" Tell her a used one is more practical, the new F150's aren't cheap and you will have a hard time getting anything for it if you (or she) decides to sell it. I don't blame you for wanting to keep it, I would too!

XCharger HiPo 2.8, JBA shorty headers, Zabteck ported & polished TB, Mac ProChamber, Flowmaster American Thunders, GT500 shocks/struts/strut mounts, GT500 front LCA's, Shaftmasters 4" aluminum d/s
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

have you considered getting a new wife? seems more practical.

2007 Suzuki SV650s
2007 GT manual - FRPP hot rod cams, Steeda CMDP, BMR upper and lower control arms, BMR upper control arm mount, Sway bar relocation, SLP Line Lock, Kooks long tubes, catted X pipe,SLP Loudmouths, JLT CAI, SCT tuner, FRPP 4.10 gears, Steeda tri-ax shifter, Nitto 555/r 255/45/18 305/40/18

1/4 ET: 13.33 --- 1/4 MPH: 109.06
race weight: 3606lbs --- 332 HP - 306 TQ
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I have one of each. 2008 F 150 and a 2008 GT but no wife. Oh well. you can't have everything.

2008 GT 4.10 gears; 5sp. Hurst Competition Plus; SCT X3 w/ Brenspeed 91 race tune; Brenspeed Detroit Rocker Cams; JLT cai; Steeda UDP; Steeda Sport springs, bump steer kit, & X-5 ball joints; GT500 struts, shocks, front sway bar, & upper strut mounts; Progress rear sway bar; Bridgestone Potenza RE 760 tires.

317 RWHP / 316 RWT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page