I figured out what happened with My Tune, I think - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2011 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I figured out what happened with My Tune, I think

Awhile back I was having a problem with My 93 Tune, it just was'nt acting right, it was'nt as it was the first time I downloaded it. I think I figured out why as it's fine now.
My Inspection is in Spetember so I do my normal download My 93 Emission Tune for Inspection then go back to My 93 Race Tune, well after the Inspection I filled up with 93 went home and redownloaded My 93 Tune, it just did'nt have the same Throttle Response and Quick Firm Shifts as it did befor, I could'nt figure out why. I drove My Stang for a few more weeks then parked it in the Garage for it's Winters Nap, again I filled the Tank with 93 and added some (Sta-Bil) The next Spring after all Winter tryng to figure out why My Tune was acting Funny I redownloaded the Tune again, same results. I went back to the Stock Air Box and Stock Tune, then put back on the JLT CAI and redownloaded My 93 Tune again, same results, not the same as it was the first time I downloaded it,,,hummmmmmm
I was starting to figure this out.....I filled up in the Fall with 93 and parked the Stang in the Garage for the Winter, got it out in the Spring with the same Tankful of 93 Octane Gas. I dont drive that much so a Tankful of Gas can last me up to a Month or more sometimes as I only put about 1500 Miles a Year on My Stang.
So same Gas, Not driving that much, same results with the Tune and I live in the North, the Coldest Part of the Country and I filled up My Tank in the Fall and that's when the Tune issues started......has anyone figured out where Im going yet with this????
Since My Tune Issues started after I filled up with 93 in the Fall I have come to the Conclusion that the 93 Gas I filled up with was our Norths Winter Blend 93, it's Not the same 93 Gas we use in the Summer here in the North. After I burned up the 93 Octane Winter Blend Gas that was in My Stang and started using the 93 Summer Blend Gas that's now in it My Tune is as it was and should be, Instant Throttle Response and Fast Firm Shifts, all is well
So what do you all think about My Tune Problem, was the Winter Blend 93 Octane Gas the Culprit? it has to be as it's fine now with the Summer Blend 93 Octane Gas.......Thoughts???????????

2002 GT Premium Auto Mineral Grey. Pypes Violater Cat Back Exhaust.
2003 V6 Auto Oxford White, all original no Mods
SOLD 2007 V6 Premium Pony
FORD BUILT WITHOUT YOUR TAX DOLLARS
SAVE AMERICA STOP OBAMA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I kind of agree. I noticed when ever I fill up with Shell 91, my Stang has better Throttle Response and Fast Firm Shifts as oppose to when I fill up with 91 Mobile. I guess different gas will affect our cars in different ways?

2012 Race Red Ford Mustang 5.0

R.I.P.
Grey 2006 Ford Mustang SCS
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMustang06V6 View Post
I kind of agree. I noticed when ever I fill up with Shell 91, my Stang has better Throttle Response and Fast Firm Shifts as oppose to when I fill up with 91 Mobile. I guess different gas will affect our cars in different ways?
I hardly ever fill up on anything other than Shell, and when I do it's Mobil or Chevron. I haven't noticed much difference between them, but the few times I have used anything else I can tell the difference

XCharger HiPo 2.8, JBA shorty headers, Zabteck ported & polished TB, Mac ProChamber, Flowmaster American Thunders, GT500 shocks/struts/strut mounts, GT500 front LCA's, Shaftmasters 4" aluminum d/s

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Does anyone know what they add to the Gas here in the North for the Winter Blend to make it a Winter Blend?

SAVE AMERICA STOP OBAMA!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011
BOSS Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Rockin' Blue's
The answer is : You need to drive your car more

[LEFT]"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government " Thomas Jefferson

There's another old saying, Senator: Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
( Outlaw Josey Wales )

My Ride : " Buster " 2007 Vista Blue GT
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' Blue's View Post
The answer is : You need to drive your car more
Good One Steve I planned on Driving it more this year, I reall did. I like driving it even more now with the Duals But this Spring I've only put on 240 Miles since April. Afte I got it out of the Garage from being stored I had 8650 miles on it, I now have 8890. We've had the Rainest April on Record, the Rainest May on Record and the All Time Wettest Spring on Record in 140 Years, it just Rains, Rains, Rains.....I do want to Drive it if it'd only STOP Raining so much!

SAVE AMERICA STOP OBAMA!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011
BOSS Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Rockin' Blue's
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1fordlover View Post
Good One Steve I planned on Driving it more this year, I reall did. I like driving it even more now with the Duals But this Spring I've only put on 240 Miles since April. Afte I got it out of the Garage from being stored I had 8650 miles on it, I now have 8890. We've had the Rainest April on Record, the Rainest May on Record and the All Time Wettest Spring on Record in 140 Years, it just Rains, Rains, Rains.....I do want to Drive it if it'd only STOP Raining so much!
Mother nature knows you want to drive but is testing you, so drive in the rain and then weather will be nice

[LEFT]"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government " Thomas Jefferson

There's another old saying, Senator: Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
( Outlaw Josey Wales )

My Ride : " Buster " 2007 Vista Blue GT
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011
ski
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Does anyone know what they add to the Gas here in the North for the Winter Blend to make it a Winter Blend?
What
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
I get better throttle response right after i load a tune period, it goes away after a few cycles but right after i load a tune, idc if its in my head or what but it feels sooo much faster

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

GT Member

Quote:
Good One . . .But this Spring I've only put on 240 Miles since April. Afte I got it out of the Garage from being stored I had 8650 miles on it, I now have 8890. We've had the Rainest April on Record, the Rainest May on Record and the All Time Wettest Spring on Record in 140 Years, it just Rains, Rains, Rains.....I do want to Drive it if it'd only STOP Raining so much!
Ain't that the sad truth? I live a few miles from Chicago, bought my GT on March 12th and I'd be willing to bet that since then, we've had more rainy days than sunny days. Another thing that always happens is no matter what the forecast, it will ALWAYS rain the day after I have the car buffed and waxed or even washed.

Of course it's raining here as I type this

When it's nice out I usually take advantage of it though. I've probably washed this car more than my previous two combined and I've only owned it under 3 months. Sad but true. But the last two cars were a 4cyl Gallant that was not worth the coins at a car wash. The other was a V6 Camry that was fun to drive at first, surprisingly quick, but I was driving it for a living and I had over 250K miles on it when it was stolen.

2006. GT. Automatic. White w/Black Stripes. 4.10 FRPP gears. JLT Cold Air. SCT X3. 93oct Race Tune by Bama

RWHP? Who cares!
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' Blue's View Post
Mother nature knows you want to drive but is testing you, so drive in the rain and then weather will be nice
I think there is just as good of a chance of it snowing here in San Diego as there is him driving in the rain

XCharger HiPo 2.8, JBA shorty headers, Zabteck ported & polished TB, Mac ProChamber, Flowmaster American Thunders, GT500 shocks/struts/strut mounts, GT500 front LCA's, Shaftmasters 4" aluminum d/s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page