2007 Mustang GT/CS tire sizes help? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

285/40/18 looks perfect on the 18x9.5 wheels I have.

With 10", I'd consider 295/40/18 and pick a different tire if that size doesn't come in what you are looking for. A 295/45/18 would give you a taller tire and likely still look good if you are going for the oldschool/hotrod/drag look. On that same token, there are also 305/45/18 options. I know the 305 looks great on 20x10s, for example.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Send a message via Skype™ to mike07gtcs
ill look for the taller tire, i aint to concerned about the speedo, gonna have to be reacalibrated any way when i get my 3.73s, and expat, will a 305 fit without any rubbing or going to far out the side of the body, i am wanting to go as wide as possible, but still look good doing it. But i wouldn't mind going taller is the overall diameter of a facotry bfgoodrich is 27.3 inches and a 295/35-18 is 26.02, so just over an inch, which in return might make too much of a gap within the fender and the top of the tire, the car aint lowered and cant be lowered due to my one off exhaust set-up

2007 Mustang GT/CS slightly custom hooker 3in longtube headers, dynatech 3in racing cats, custom 3in dr. gas nascar side pipes, mac short ram intake, steeda high flow c/f elbow, frpp twin 62mm tb, frpp intake manifold, frpp hot rod cams, frpp 3.73s, steeda udps 320RWHP/302RWTQ

Last edited by mike07gtcs; 09-18-2011 at 04:35 AM. Reason: fixed a mistake
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike07gtcs View Post
ill look for the taller tire, i aint to concerned about the speedo, gonna have to be reacalibrated any way when i get my 3.73s, and expat, will a 305 fit without any rubbing or going to far out the side of the body, i am wanting to go as wide as possible, but still look good doing it. But i wouldn't mind going taller is the overall diameter of a facotry bfgoodrich is 27.3 inches and a 295/35-18 is 26.02, so just over an inch, which in return might make too much of a gap within the fender and the top of the tire, the car aint lowered and cant be lowered due to my one off exhaust set-up
Whether or not it rubs or sticks out is going to depend entirely upon the offset of the wheel. I believe most people are running 40-45mm offsets. I have several pictures of 305's fitting under the s197s with considerable drop (think eibach sportlines) and no rubbing.

I've been doing a ton of research and google searches for what different tire combinations look like...27" to 28" looks perfect, depending on the drop. If you are sitting close to stock height, then the 28" fills in the well much better, with room to spare. They look *VERY* nice with 28" OAD drag radials..just a thought.

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

so i found out what im gonna go with, nitto NT555's up front in a 255/45 and nitto NT555R's in a 305/40, should look pretty goon on 18x9 and 18x10 rims the back rims have a 45mm offset and the front have a 30mm offset, so they should fit with out much issue

2007 Mustang GT/CS slightly custom hooker 3in longtube headers, dynatech 3in racing cats, custom 3in dr. gas nascar side pipes, mac short ram intake, steeda high flow c/f elbow, frpp twin 62mm tb, frpp intake manifold, frpp hot rod cams, frpp 3.73s, steeda udps 320RWHP/302RWTQ
dly
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike07gtcs View Post
what tires you running dly, and have your heard anything about the Nitto Invos

BF Goodrich KD's TT up front but you can't get them any more
Nitto NT05 on the back
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

okay i ended up just doing NT555 all the way around, 255s up front and 285 in the rear.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang new tires 10.jpg
Views:	766
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	152961  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2007 , gt/cs , mustang , tires size , wheels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page