Anyone buy Rotors on Ebay? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011 Thread Starter
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Anyone buy Rotors on Ebay?

I'm looking for some new Rotors for my 05. I've found a lot of different sellers on Ebay and was wondering if anyone has bought any of these rotors? If you did, what's your experience?

13 Mustang GT 5.0
92 Mustang LX 5.0
65 Mustang Hardtop 289 C.I.D.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011
GT Member

Dude, when I had my 99 GT I purchased a full set of four corss drilled and slotted rotors and brake pads on eBay for like 180 bucks shipped. They worked great. My mechanic said he couldn't even buy the rotors from his source for that kind of money. Put 15K on them before I sold the car and never had an issue. I think the seller was "the brake factory".

2014 Mustang GT/CS - Coupe
Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Amustangrocks has had good experience with ebay rotors. Here is some more info:
https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-wobbling.html

2012 Race Red Ford Mustang 5.0

R.I.P.
Grey 2006 Ford Mustang SCS

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I bought drilled and slotted rotors for my foxbody and the difference was amazing!! No problems here at all. I have pictures of them in my profile. I think they were from a place called R1 concepts. they are a good buy for the money!

1988 GT --- R.I.P.
1989 GT --- 180k, still smokin Chevys
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011
GT Member
5.0L Member

i dont trust it personally, anyone can take a regular rotor, drill some holes in it and mill some slots. Doesnt make it a high performance product by any means. if your just going for looks then they're perfect but for real performance you want to go with a more reputable source such as brembo. with 15000 miles on a pair of rotors its clear that they were not used very hard. My Brembo rotors dont last more that a couple thousand miles til theyre replaced, but i drive the S*** out of them. It really depends what you are looking for in the product that will determine where you should get them. ALSO! cross drilled rotors are not ideal for any performance application. Purely slotted rotors would be the way to go. Any real track car or performance vehicle will have slotted rotors or cast vented (these are the rotors that you see on porsche, mercedes, ferrari etc) these rotors have the holes but they are NOT drilled. The rotor is actually cast that way. when ever a rotor has holes drilled in it the holes become weak spots and they are the perfect breeding ground for cracks and fissures. If you are after performance braking you should look at extra thick solid rotors or slotted rotors from a reputable source. The quality of the metal makes a huge difference in when and how easy the rotor heats up, stops, or warps. In the end its best to just spend the money on a quality rotor with a quality pad that suits your application.

Just an old ford...

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011 Thread Starter
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

They would be for my daily driver. These days I do a lot of stop and go driving in traffic. I'm not hard on my brakes very often, just every now and again. They would be strictly for street use. I guess I'll do more research.

13 Mustang GT 5.0
92 Mustang LX 5.0
65 Mustang Hardtop 289 C.I.D.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
I bought the R1 Concepts crossdrilled and slotted rotor's and Hawk pads from the R1 Concepts Ebay store.
I,ve got 5,000km on them now with no issue's I love the perfromance of them. They were a great deal for a great price and R1 has Excellent service. :smilie

-2005 GT Mineral Grey&Carbon Fiber
Modd'd , Race Tuned ,Gear'd , Rim'd , Drop'd , Brakes , HID'd , Tons of Carbon Fiber
Soon to be pressurized
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011
Apprentice

The site i found via ebay is this company and anyone i got rotors for from here have loved them. From bmw owners to mustang owners. https://www.rotorwork.com/

2007 v6 convertible
Mods: Single GT take off axle back(waiting for dual conversion), Waiting to apply Caliper paint G2 red paint, 20" Giovanni rims with low profiles, Hood pins with lanyards, Smoked sequential tail lights, billet upper and lower grill, CCFL halo projector head lights, JLT CAI with performance tune.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I got some drilled/slotted rotors off of ebay after a lot of looking at thickness and such, paired them with some hawks from AM and they pretty much suck your eyes out of your head. No problems with 35,000+ on them. With some autocross and lots of Drag passes, 100+ of them. I can't remember who made them but it said something about corvette engineers run the company or sumpin like that.

D.O.B. 3V/GT500 Kit 463 RWHP/ 465 RWTRQ @ 11.5 PSI on 92oct - Dyno Dynamics Dyno
SHELBY GT 500 Member

the rotors and pads i got off ebay from brakemotive have been great, and the best part is they dont rust up like the others and look so much better. i put one set on the 06 last year, and another set on my 05 this past year. my buddy bought a set for his truck too and likes them.
gt rotors and pads brake motive
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0451.JPG
Views:	513
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	138520  

05 V6 auto,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page