Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   2005-2010 Mustang Talk (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-talk/)
-   -   2006 GT Charging System Problems? (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-talk/326580-2006-gt-charging-system-problems.html)

fierce981x 01-13-2012 10:53 AM

2006 GT Charging System Problems?

Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if yall could help me figure out what is going on with my car.

A few months ago my battery went dead so I replaced it and then my "check charging system" light came on. I drove it for about a month till my dad came to town and looked at it. We took the alternator off and had it test...it was bad. So i got a new alternator and put it on. It was fine for about a week. Then the light came back on.

When it first started coming on, before I replaced the alternator, it wouldn't come on till the car started heating up and it would stay on the go off but then pop back up a few minutes later.

This time it comes on every morning, but goes off once the car starts heating up and doesnt come on for the rest of the day. I have also noticed that a few minutes after cranking it, the ac/ heater will go in and out ( not all the way out, just stop blowing as hard), the lights will dim and then go to normal brightness, and the RPMs will go up and down. I think it stops that when it is fully warmed up. (The ac/heater, lights, and RPM things all happen throughout the day)

Any Ideas?

Thanks.

FordService 01-13-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fierce981x (Post 2875966)
Hey Everyone,
I was wondering if yall could help me figure out what is going on with my car.

Hello fierce981x,

I recommend you bring your vehicle in to your Ford dealer for diagnosis. Your Service Manager is in the best position to look into this for you. He can look into any warranty, Recalls, or Customer Satisfaction Programs that may apply to your vehicle. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me.

Deysha

SilverGTvert 01-13-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FordCustSrvc (Post 2876283)
Hello fierce981x,

I recommend you bring your vehicle in to your Ford dealer for diagnosis. Your Service Manager is in the best position to look into this for you. He can look into any warranty, Recalls, or Customer Satisfaction Programs that may apply to your vehicle. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me.

Deysha

The purpose of this forum is to share in our passion for Mustangs. In the process we modify, trade stories, and tips for repairing/improving our vehicles. If you are not going to post anything useful please just stop. We are all quite aware that Ford service will gladly take our money.

FordService 01-16-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverGTvert (Post 2876418)
The purpose of this forum is to share in our passion for Mustangs. In the process we modify, trade stories, and tips for repairing/improving our vehicles. If you are not going to post anything useful please just stop.

Thank you for your feedback, SilverGTvert.:)

Deysha

908ssp 01-16-2012 12:08 PM

Did you change the battery when you changed alternator? I have friend in the re-man business he always suggests changing the battery with the alternator and checking all ground conditions. A bad ground can change conductivity with heat or moisture check it at the motor and the battery.

rasmukri 01-16-2012 03:01 PM

I would do a load test on the battery it could be bad and cause some problems.