what repair manuals are good to have??? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

what repair manuals are good to have???

as a person that likes to work on his car and as more miles are added on to my mustang im going to be doing more work on her. now i know its a good idea to have repair manuals on the mustang for reference when you work on the car. so my question what books are good to have for reference when working on the mustang???

2008 BLK MUSTANG GT/CS
AUTO
MODS: JBA LONGTUBE HEADERS, JBA OFF ROAD H-PIPE, FRPP STINGERS, FRPP 4:10 GEARS, C&L CAI
DYNO TUNED BY RACERS EDGE TUNING
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012
Apprentice
5.0L Member

The best manual you could possibly have is the factory service manual. But thoes things are $$$. But again, nothing compares. Your next safest bet is a Chilton or Haynes manual that you can get at nearly any autoparts store

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

ya i saw the factory manuals go for like $160

2008 BLK MUSTANG GT/CS
AUTO
MODS: JBA LONGTUBE HEADERS, JBA OFF ROAD H-PIPE, FRPP STINGERS, FRPP 4:10 GEARS, C&L CAI
DYNO TUNED BY RACERS EDGE TUNING

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012
Apprentice
5.0L Member

There are also some pretty good online soures like AllData. The cost is not that bad if just using it for one vehicle and it is also pretty comprehensive
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012
dmw
Apprentice

Gentlemen,

A week ago or so I went on Amazon and ordered both a Chiltons and Haynes manual for about $20 each. Then I got a pop-up saying that if I sign up for the Amazon Master Card (or Visa?), I would get a $40 credit on my purchase. So......I got both manuals plus a new credit card for free. (I'll never use the card again).

Something to consider.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

This one works for me. Ford Service Manuals - 2005

And, it's free !

Compliments of this site.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ce-manual.html

2008 GT 4.10 gears; 5sp. Hurst Competition Plus; SCT X3 w/ Brenspeed 91 race tune; Brenspeed Detroit Rocker Cams; JLT cai; Steeda UDP; Steeda Sport springs, bump steer kit, & X-5 ball joints; GT500 struts, shocks, front sway bar, & upper strut mounts; Progress rear sway bar; Bridgestone Potenza RE 760 tires.

317 RWHP / 316 RWT
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012
PONY Member

I've used Haynes in the past. They're pretty good, although sometimes they may skip a step which leads you to figure it out for yourself.
I've saved lots of cash using those books.

2010 Torch Red GT Premium. 5speed, 19", security package, HID's, comfort package, 3.73, American Thunder Flowmasters.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012
Apprentice

I have both a chiltons and a FSM. The FSM sometimes goes into too much detail for what I want and sometimes the chiltons is missing info. It also goes the other way around on occasion...

~Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page