'Stealth' Interior Pics - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

'Stealth' Interior Pics

As many of you know, I have been working on changing my interior by replacing the cloth seat covers and by doing some plastic painting using SEM Plastic paints.

I have posted some before and after pictures for you to ponder. If anyone is interested in doing something like this, rest assured it is very easy to do, and the results can be amazing! I now feel like I have an entirely different car, and I love the way it looks. I was luke-warm on the car with the cloth seats and gray interior, but now I can't get over how good it looks!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	old back seat01.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	967.1 KB
ID:	147118   Click image for larger version

Name:	old interior01.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	619.7 KB
ID:	147119   Click image for larger version

Name:	old interior02.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	604.0 KB
ID:	147120   Click image for larger version

Name:	new back seat01.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	937.8 KB
ID:	147121   Click image for larger version

Name:	stealth interior01.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	467.6 KB
ID:	147122  

Click image for larger version

Name:	stealth interior02.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	418.4 KB
ID:	147123   Click image for larger version

Name:	stealth interior03.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	445.6 KB
ID:	147124  

2009 Vista Blue V6. Leather Seats, Black Interior, K & N CAI, '05 GT Wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012
PONY Member

Garage
Looks great a big improvement over the stock gray. Can I ask what colors are available and where you got them.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012
PONY Member

taking a break from doing my new seat skins right now its doable but I wouldnt call it easy lol

Mods: Magnaflow True Duals Exhaust with X-pipe, TruFiber Cobra Roadster Hood, Scott Drake Billet Hood Pins, black retro billet grille, Roush front fascia, Razzi rocker panels, Razzi rear valance, 18" Polished Bullitts, Quarter Window Louvers, Powered by Ford badges, 1969 pillar ornaments, GT Spoiler, Limo Tint, Painted Shelby stripes, 2011 GT New Take off leather seat skins, Tribar Pony floormats

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

The black is called Landau Black, and the silver color on the armrest is called Medium Platinum Metallic, both by SEM. The black is made for interiors, and the platinum is a bumper paint. I had to go to an auto paint store to get them. It is a paint specifically designed to be used on plastic pieces. We use SEM paints at work to 'refresh' tired airplane interiors, and they work well in cars too. You just have to be sure to THOROUGHLY clean the piece before you paint it. I use CRC Contact Cleaner in a spray can. It gets rid of finger oils and such, and dries without leaving any residue.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
looks fantastic!

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012
dmw
Apprentice

Mjewell,

I've been following your posts on the interior and that is really an incredible job. Now you've got me thinking about painting my interior panels too! Maybe I should stop following your posts!

Your car looked good before but boy what a difference. It must smell like a brand new car too with all that new leather.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I will verify that the car smells better already. The cloth seats sucked up every nasty smell that was out there...the were pretty nasty, kind of had a musty smell. When I took the seats out, I cleaned the carpets really well, and when the new leather went in, the musty smell was gone.

I recommend the seat covers...they make the car look entirely different and really classes it up!

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012
GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

looks really good!

2006 V6 tungsten gray
Performance= Upgraded headers, Dual GT500 Mufflers, GT swaybars front and back
Looks= Black billet grille, Tri-bar pony, Black out panel, 8" antenna, Sequential taillights, 2010 GT 19" rims, GT front bumper
Interior= Dash cover, 6.3" Jensen touchscreen, white ball shifter, Custom box for a 10" sub

1970 Mustang Coupe SOLD
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012
GT Member
S197 Member

Nice job.Looks good.

2006 Gt Premium coupe,automatic,white with red Shelby stripes,18 in.wheels,seq lites,plem. cover,Rouse hood scoop and flowmasters,Steeda strut brace,Steeda polished stainless fuse and radiator covers,rear camera(Boyo tag cam)thru Crimestopper rear mirror.Ford molded mud flaps,Silverhorse polished billet fuel door,and chrome console trim.Headlight Splitters.American Muscle Raxiom 2010 taillights.
dmw
Apprentice

I just received my interior hides from Shelby today and am pretty pumped. They are the same as MJewel has pictured here. Hopefully I can do my install as well as he did his.

I was sweating this delivery because some people received the seat hides without the headrest covers while others did get the headrest covers. I luckily got 4 headrest covers with my delivery so I'm feeling pretty good.

I can't think of a better way that I could have spent $209. Right now it looks like Shelby only has GT500 interiors for $350 (also a good deal). I paid $159+50 shipping for standard GT interior hides.
Apprentice

Im doing something similar, although basically my entire interior is already black, except for the dash kit accross the front, trading that for someones black. Planning on flat black on the chrome, will wait a while to see what i think.
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Nice work. Looks great.

2008 GT ~ candyass red ~ JLT intake ~ SuttonHP tune ~ SLP PwrFlws ~ FRPP 3.73s...more to come / stay tuned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page