Props for Moss Muscle - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Props for Moss Muscle

been wanting some new pony floormats for a couple years now. the ones i had i bought 4 years ago, and the drivers mat is looking pretty rough. 2 yrs ago i balked at a new set cause i didnt think much of the dead pedal flaps ( my mistake). last year i ordered a set (wont say from who) and when i got them i was really bummed out, the color was different, the tri bar was different, the backing was different, but no big deal there. the real issue was mats did not fit the floor pan areas, they got returned.

so moss had some on sale this year, ordered a set, couldnt wait to get them. when they got here, same set as the year before. turns out fords pulled the plug on the aftermarket mats after the toyoto scare and came out with these new "ford official" mats that dont fit the floor in the 05-09`s.

the guys at moss motors had me return the mats and went out back and did a warehouse search, and sure enough found a older set that i think not only are like my old mats, but actually the upgraded ones that were offered a couple years ago with the dead pedal flap and longer up the forward slope of the floor. should have them this week maybe.

so i`m pretty excited, yet worried that in a couple more years there wont be any more. hopefully by then someone will step up to the plate with some new stuff. theres still plenty around that do fit, roush, shelby, cobra, gt logos ect. but just watch and beware of the shape of the mats. heres my old pass mat on the left and the new ford licensed pass mat on the right.....why would fords think that this is ok?

so special thanks to the mike purcell at moss motors in ca for doing some leg work for me

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1747.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	269.1 KB
ID:	151716  

05 V6 auto,

Last edited by jim293; 03-18-2012 at 10:38 PM. Reason: spelling error
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012
SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to jim293
I like hearing stuff like that. Way to go Moss!!

2002 Saleen S/C Coupe
#293 Torch Red
21st Century Intercooler & Heat Exchanger
Brembo Brakes
Corbeau Seats
#14 RMR (Red Mustang Registry)
Power in the hands of a few
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

so this past week got my new mats. i wish i would have got a set of these a couple years ago. i didnt because i didnt like the dead pedal flap, but really it is a good thing, and the loyds mats have the rubber nubbys and are super nice. i think they are gonna be hard to find, but maybe in a couple years when i need another set more good ones will come out. got the new ford racing wheel cover from moss this year too to replace my old one. thanks again moss
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1808.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	288.3 KB
ID:	152901  

05 V6 auto,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page