Finally made up my mind, gonna buy a Mustang in 3 weeks, need help. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Finally made up my mind, gonna buy a Mustang in 3 weeks, need help.

So after a lot of thinking and deciding not to buy a grabber blue 2012 5.0 Premium for 30,500. I'm going to buy a holdover 2010 GT Premium.

I know you guys would have took the grabber blue but I thought about tax, registration, road tax, super gas only, and insurance and it was too much of a stretch after buying a 2012 Corvette Grand Sport 3 weeks ago.

So here's where I need help:

2010 Torch Red GT Premium with 19" wheels and 5-Speed

MSRP 33,200

Price: $24,995 (I ask another dealer to get it from them and they would sell it to them for $25000, so no help).

I believe this price is what they need to not sell at a loss. How can I chissel them down more???? I know they get $4500 from ford when they sell it and that's built into the price. The invoice is likely around $30,000. So it adds up.

I was thinking have them throw in a factory hood scoop painted and installed. Would they bite?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012
PONY Member
S197 Member

Its all up to you. I would have taken the 5.0 but thats just me. The 2010's are still a great car and the 4.6 is a proven engine. For that price brand new its almost impossible to go wrong. Post some pictures when you get it!

As for them adding a hood scoop, most of that stuff is done at the factory so they might not be able to do that.

2006 Mustang GT - Vista Blue w/ white Stripes.
Mods- Borla Stingers Axle backs, SHR Lower Grille inserts, Sequential Taillights, 14" Black Antenna, JLT Carbon Fiber 110mm CAI, SCT SF3 Tuner with BAMA 91 Race Tune, Shelby Strut Tower Brace, MGW Shifter

"Speed costs money, How fast do you want to go?"
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

They threw on a bunch of stuff on mine. You should be able to get the easy stuff like window louvers, wheel locks, and floor matts no prob. The scoop might be a lot of work to install, so they may not go for it. Maybe even ask for the strut tower brace.

2010 Mustang Grabber Blue GT Premium
2010 VW Jetta TD
I
2012 Escape XLT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page