turning a mustang into a drift car - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

turning a mustang into a drift car

i know this has been asked before but i got the 07 GT/CS and want to turn it into a drifter and i do have a dd lol but i know weight reduction is needed and a little more power and stiffer suspension but what else should i do

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

yes you have found that mustangs can actually drift quite well with the right driver. my local raceway has drifting for everyone and I go out there when I can with my mustang. the power you make is enough. but what you need is suspension bad. the cars body roll is very huge and VERY annoying. I'm saving up for koni yellow struts/shocks and steeda sport springs. and some steeda sway bars. weight reduction is always a plus. but really its the suspension. put your money there bro

2010 Performance White Mustang GT
FRRP Hot Rod Cams, CAI+Tune, longtube headers, Steeda intake delete plugs, Spec stage 2 clutch and flywheel, SLP LM, 3.73 gears, hurst short throw, steeda LCA, Steeda sport springs, gt500 struts, Powerslot rotors, and a bunch of appearance mods
324rwhp 308tq
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012
SheizaSoSay

You should be good stock for drifting but if you want to do it easier jut by an adjustable rear sway bar and adjust it full stiff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012
Rookie

My last few cars were 240sx's and I've been drifting on and off since ~2003.

It's ALL in your suspension/tires. A stock NA6 Miata will drift just fine with a hair over 100hp with the right setup. The lack of IRS isn't really a concern either, as AE86's are live rear axle also and get sideways just fine with almost no horsepower (and, admittedly, much less weight).

Just get coilovers, IMO, and adjustable arms + adjustable panhard bar.

I don't know much about the tlok in a Mustang or how comparable it is to a true 2-way LSD from a drift car. I ran an ATS DeftForce in my last S14 and it was nasty to DD but got the job done.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012
SheizaSoSay

Let me ask you this: how does it drift now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page