SHELBY GT 350 Member
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Central Massachusetts
- see sticky "it's all about the tires" in the 2005-10 GT Tech section
- see TireRack.com web site for tire specs, sizes, reviews, etc.
- You need to know what width wheels you have, I suspect they are 8" or 8.5" wide; if you take one off and look on the back it should be stamped on there somewhere
- the tire specs on TireRack will show recommended wheel width for that particular tire size, and also the overall diameter of the tire
- you want to make sure your wheel width is within the range of recommended wheel widths, and the overall diameter is close to your original tires (this means you need to look up your orignal tires and note the overall diameter, it is probably around 27.2")
- a 275 wide tire is going to be way too wide for your stock wheels, I think the minimum wheel width for 275 is 9 or 9.5"
| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day