what would you buy? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

With the choices your giving go with the 05-09 GT. Plenty of aftermarket parts you can get to make it the car you want. Besides I think the S197 mustangs are one of the best looking mustang models out there right now. Now if you find an 03-04 cobra I'd tell you to jump on one of those.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

The terminators in this area are like $20k+ with >50k miles. If I find one of those I'm jumping on it but not holding my breath. I think ultimately I'll get a s197 gt, but I will definitely get tempted.

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07stang616 View Post
My main reason for selling is wanting a v8. I'm very aware the 3.7 nearly matches the 4.6 3v in performance, but I want the rumble of a v8. I like the refresh of the 2010+ but can't afford to get a 5.0 so a 4.6 is my main choice. I'm just really torn between the 3v and 4v. I'm like 70/30 leaning towards a s197 gt, but I do find good deals on mach 1s and 01 cobras and I'm like ahhh :kooky: normally I'm not this indecisive, but I like the look of both the new edge and s197. The new edge in mach 1 or cobra form looks really menacing, but the old interior and chassis are the turn off. The s197 is obviously more modern, and the retro look is awesome. I really wish I could afford both!
I feel ya' brotha.

I've gotten compliments from my exhaust set up from people all over town and on the internet. So you can make a v6 sound mean. Its a matter of how much your willing to spend, though.

Still, a v8 is a v8, and no matter how nice a v6 one drives, you'll always receive negative feedback.

Good luck with the hunt!

Past: 2011 3.7 6AT SG
Current: 2014 5.0 6MT Black

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

if you want just absolute RAW power. go with the cobra. pulley and tune = 450rwhp if you want a nice compromise of power, refinement, and handling = 05-09 s197 gt

2010 Performance White Mustang GT
FRRP Hot Rod Cams, CAI+Tune, longtube headers, Steeda intake delete plugs, Spec stage 2 clutch and flywheel, SLP LM, 3.73 gears, hurst short throw, steeda LCA, Steeda sport springs, gt500 struts, Powerslot rotors, and a bunch of appearance mods
324rwhp 308tq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page