Looking at upgrading my suspension! Have ideas? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I find it interesting that everyone has there own opinion on this. I understand that there are millions of options, but I would like to have my suspension down on paper because I want to order by tomorrow. I agree that I will at least to camber bolts.

2008 Mustang V6 Grabber Orange
Performance: JLT CAI and Bama Tune, Dynomax Dual exhaust, Shorty Headers, Screamin' Demon coil and Livewires, Oil Catch Can,Shaker Hood Scoop
Looks: Quater Window Louvers, Shorty Antenna, GT Front Grille and Bumper, Tint,Painted Mirror Covers, Chrome door pins, Pony floor mats, LED Footwells, 4.0 Emblems, Stealth Mud Flaps, Sequentials, Chrome Cupholder Bezel, Grabber orange trim, 12"racing stripes with pinstripes, GT rocker panels, GT takeoff 18" aluminum wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Most camber plates are metal on metal, which is a little annoying for me on a DD. With the bolts you can keep your factory uppers which absorb noise better. But for racing, you won't hear any additional noise over your engine revving the whole time.

The correct camber is achievable with both, but do you really need the race "tightness" that you can get out of camber plates. I guess that is really up to you.

I'm no pro, but this has been my experience with both. Either way, it looks like you are building a good car. Good luck!!

2013 Mustang GT Base, with Track Pack, black, 3.73, 6MT, Boss 302 intake, SCT Bama tune, GT500 strut mounts, FRPP K-springs, FRPP adjustable shocks, BMR adjustable pan hard, Eibach camber bolts, BBK cat delete, Flowmaster 3-inch catback, Airaid CAI, Boss 302S wheels 255/40-19 front, 305/35-19 rear. 420 rwhp, 370 lb/ft trq.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Thanks! Bolts would be the most cost effective and Im not slamming it to the ground.... Debating between Koni struts and shocks against Tokico struts and shocks. Probaby sticking with the ford racing springs or SR springs.

Performance: JLT CAI and Bama Tune, Dynomax Dual exhaust, Shorty Headers, Screamin' Demon coil and Livewires, Oil Catch Can,Shaker Hood Scoop
Looks: Quater Window Louvers, Shorty Antenna, GT Front Grille and Bumper, Tint,Painted Mirror Covers, Chrome door pins, Pony floor mats, LED Footwells, 4.0 Emblems, Stealth Mud Flaps, Sequentials, Chrome Cupholder Bezel, Grabber orange trim, 12"racing stripes with pinstripes, GT rocker panels, GT takeoff 18" aluminum wheels

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Order shipped from AM today! Im excited
1 49602 - BMR Rear Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets (05-13 All) $154.99

1 53151 - SR Performance Lowering Springs - Coupe (05-13 GT/V6) $129.99

1 30022 - J&M Adjustable Panhard Rod - Aluminum (05-13 All) $99.95

1 30008 - J&M Camber Plates (05-10 All) $209.99

2 37800 - Koni STR.T Front Strut (05-10 All) $129.99

2 37801 - Koni STR.T Rear Shock (05-10 All) $74.99

Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I think that's a good combination. You are going to be amazed at how much better your car feels. Post up some pics with it lowered.

2013 Mustang GT Base, with Track Pack, black, 3.73, 6MT, Boss 302 intake, SCT Bama tune, GT500 strut mounts, FRPP K-springs, FRPP adjustable shocks, BMR adjustable pan hard, Eibach camber bolts, BBK cat delete, Flowmaster 3-inch catback, Airaid CAI, Boss 302S wheels 255/40-19 front, 305/35-19 rear. 420 rwhp, 370 lb/ft trq.
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Will do! Thanks for the input. Ill post before and after. Should be installing this sat

PONY Member
S197 Member

Don't forget to have your car aligned after the install. Your toe in will be off, and you will want to dial I'm your camber adjustment between negative .5 to negative .9.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

2008 Metallic Alloy GT Convertible Premium
Show : black top| 18" bullitt polished wheels| CDC light bar and black billet replacement grilles | black/amber corner lights | GT500 rear spoiler| AH chin spoiler
Go:
FRPP CAI with StangHi tunes | Kooks LT's | FR500 axle back | Steeda Sport springs | Koni STR.t struts/shocks | J&M camber plates | UMI adj. panhard bar | LCA relocation brackets | GT500 LCA's | Hurst Billet shifter | 3.73 gear | FRPP axle girdle | Baer Rotors and Pads
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

While Im at it may as well put some 275 nittos on the rear

Rookie
S197 Member

Cool

...maybe there is no need for CC plates and also camber bolts. As far as I read in an another thread in this forum, the trick is, turn the oem strut mounts 180 degrees so that the arrow will point to the motor and camber will be fine again.

Vialle liquid propane injection, JLT series II CAI with Brenspeed tune, SCT X3, 3.55 gears, J&M extreme joint lca´s, Magnaflow axlebacks, FRPP rear end girdle.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrrraaberU3 View Post
So your saying use the stock camber plates? Dont even try bolts? I know negative camber can help handling, but I also dont want the tires to wear even faster than they already are. I have about 15k on 35k rated tires and they are getting close to needing replacement.
I know it's irrelevant now that you ordered the J&M plates, but what I was saying is that those springs are gonna lower your car, what, 1"? A 1" drop will put you around -1.3° camber. I think that actually might be within the factory spec! It's certainly not enough to cause uneven tire wear. But even if it is an extra .2 or .3 degrees of negative camber, it'll improve grip.

My daily driver is at -1.7° and my front tire wear is pretty decent. I went with FRPP GT500 strut mounts.

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Here are a few pictures I took of everything installed. We installed it Saturday thanks to a buddy. Pretty sweet! The photo without stripes is a before picture. I was to excited to start installing instead of snapping pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0818.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	706.0 KB
ID:	161654   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0819.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	717.8 KB
ID:	161655   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0820.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	499.8 KB
ID:	161656   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0817.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	649.6 KB
ID:	161657  

post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Try that again this is the before...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0521.JPG
Views:	187
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	161659  

Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Looks great!! How does it handle?

post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Like its on rails. Its not on the "race" setting either. I cant wait for the mountains!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page