Few new mods on the 2005 Mustang GT - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Few new mods on the 2005 Mustang GT

Last week I ordered for my GT some side window louvers, and painted mirror caps. I installed them friday and they look great! I couldn’t believe how much they added to the car. I absolutely love the way it looks now. American Muscle is great! Thanks AM!

I did a little custom work to the chrome pony in the grille as well. I removed the pony and sprayed it with plasti dip, then painted over that with Dupli color paint to match. I think it looks great and adds a subtle touch to the front of the car.

this week starting monday morning my car will be getting some white racing stripes installed by a shop close by. I cant wait for it! Wednesday I have a guy coming out to tint the windows with a 40% tint. I will be sure to post some pictures when its all done on wednesday.

Let me know what you all think!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5388.jpg
Views:	1291
Size:	737.1 KB
ID:	161439   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5371.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	462.7 KB
ID:	161440   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5421.jpg
Views:	757
Size:	960.4 KB
ID:	161441   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5387.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	816.3 KB
ID:	161442  

2005 GT Redfire Metallic, Manual, SCT Tuned Bama 91 Race Tune, Pypes Off-Road X-Pipe, Borla Stinger Axle backs, Steeda Cold Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw, Sequential Tail Lights, 2013 GT500 SVTPP Take Off Wheels, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Custom Painted Black Pony, Side Window Louvers, Painted Mirror Caps, Shelby Kicker Audio, Eibach Anti Sway Bars, Odometer: 11,400 Miles
2005 F-150 2.5 HBS level 20x9 monsters 35" nitto terra grapplers
2013 Lincoln MKZ 2.0T AWD. White. Tints
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012
PONY Member

Thats a smart why to paint that running Pony

2008 GT Premium, MagnaCharger TVS 1900, Brembo Brakes, Whiteline Watts Link, Koni Yellows, Steeda Sport Springs,
J&M Extreme LCA, BMR Relo Brackets, FR500S Axlebacks, TCI Shifter
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012
Apprentice

Nice, are you gonna replace the wing?

2008 Mustang Bullitt #0482 - DG custom auto painted louvers, 8" shorty antenna, Blacked out turn signals, sequential taillights, and gt500 exhaust.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt0482 View Post
Nice, are you gonna replace the wing?
I actually never thought about that. I may look into some different options. Thanks!

2005 GT Redfire Metallic, Manual, SCT Tuned Bama 91 Race Tune, Pypes Off-Road X-Pipe, Borla Stinger Axle backs, Steeda Cold Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw, Sequential Tail Lights, 2013 GT500 SVTPP Take Off Wheels, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Custom Painted Black Pony, Side Window Louvers, Painted Mirror Caps, Shelby Kicker Audio, Eibach Anti Sway Bars, Odometer: 11,400 Miles
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSSI05GT View Post
Last week I ordered for my GT some side window louvers, and painted mirror caps. I installed them friday and they look great! I couldn’t believe how much they added to the car. I absolutely love the way it looks now. American Muscle is great! Thanks AM!

I did a little custom work to the chrome pony in the grille as well. I removed the pony and sprayed it with plasti dip, then painted over that with Dupli color paint to match. I think it looks great and adds a subtle touch to the front of the car.

this week starting monday morning my car will be getting some white racing stripes installed by a shop close by. I cant wait for it! Wednesday I have a guy coming out to tint the windows with a 40% tint. I will be sure to post some pictures when its all done on wednesday.

Let me know what you all think!
ROSSI05GT,

Great choice! Window Louvers & Mirror Covers look amazing, especially on Red Fire . I've never seen the technique used that you chose on your emblem, but it looks great! I'm glad to hear your happy with all your parts, let me know if you have any questions in the future!

Thanks for your business & loyalty, we appreciate it.

PS - Were looking forward to seeing your Stang with the stripes & tint!

- Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

You should get a decklid panel, the magnetic one is $30 and it looks great especially on your color car it would give it a meaner look!

2008 Mustang V6 Grabber Orange,
Sequential taillights,GO Mirror Covers
GO Headlight Splitters,BBK Cold Air Intake
GT Style Billet Grille With Halo Lights
Pypes Street Pro Exhaust,Magnetic Decklid Panel
Stack Racing Bullitt Fuel Door
Black Shelby Hood Pins
Grabber Orange Calipers
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Thanks guys! Ill have to look into the decklid panel

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012
PONY Member

Joe,

Looks really good. With the chin spoiler painted like that, have you considered the GT/CS side stripes? I'll have to get one of those chin spoilers at some point.

Sent you a PM.

Jim T.
Present: 2018 Mustang GT (MT): Shadow Black

Past: 2007 Mustang GT Premium (MT), 2010 Mustang GT Premium (MT)
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Thanks Jim PM Sent.

Well guys just a update on the car.

It seems as though the shop was having trouble finding center lines or something.. They also had to remove my hood scoop. I made a stop by today and took some pictures. They said that they should be done tomorrow..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5554.jpg
Views:	3157
Size:	788.6 KB
ID:	161548   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5555.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	685.8 KB
ID:	161549  

Apprentice

Just my opinion but if you are paying for tint it may be more worth your while if you go darker than 40% unless you're just trying to stay legal.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Update-

I got the tint done Wednesday, went with the 40%. I love it, it's not to dark, in my opinion I think it's perfect. I didn't want to go to dark. The guys were not able to install the stripes, he said that he just couldn't get it rite without bubbles or something. So he returned the car back to me. The guy who came out to the house for the tint said he also installs racing stripes all the time, so I will be having him do the install.

I'll post some pictures of the tints when I get to a computer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page