Ford racing bullitt mufflers? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Ford racing bullitt mufflers?

I can pick up a set of new ford racing bullitt mufflers for a good price?...is it a good upgrade?

2007 G5 alloy Premium vert GT. 4.6V8 5spd Black leather int with dove Shaker 1000 My colour dash Sirius GT appearance pkg Light bar Sequentials Shelby wheels/tires Shelby splitter tinted lights Bullitt strut brace Billett interior trim Rear blackout panel 3D carbon side scoops windscreen,flowmaster american thunder axel backs Bama tune Sctx4 tuner JLT CAI series 3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012
PONY Member
S197 Member

The M-5230-GTB 's are a smudge louder than stock GT's.

The M-5230-GTA's , OEM for the Shelby GT are not manufactureed anymore, but if you can find a set of those, they would be louder than the GTB's

I scour Ebay every other day for stuff like this.. I am running the M-5230-S mufflers for the KR and love the way they sound .

Good luck

2008 Metallic Alloy GT Convertible Premium
Show : black top| 18" bullitt polished wheels| CDC light bar and black billet replacement grilles | black/amber corner lights | GT500 rear spoiler| AH chin spoiler
Go:
FRPP CAI with StangHi tunes | Kooks LT's | FR500 axle back | Steeda Sport springs | Koni STR.t struts/shocks | J&M camber plates | UMI adj. panhard bar | LCA relocation brackets | GT500 LCA's | Hurst Billet shifter | 3.73 gear | FRPP axle girdle | Baer Rotors and Pads
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012
Apprentice

There probably wouldn't be noticable difference besides the 3.5" tip compared to the GT's 3''. I would personally go with an aftermarket exhaust. I changed my bullitt mufflers to gt500 take offs with a 4'' tip. Love the sound.

2008 Mustang Bullitt #0482 - DG custom auto painted louvers, 8" shorty antenna, Blacked out turn signals, sequential taillights, and gt500 exhaust.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012
Rookie

I bought bullitt mufflers off a guy who has an 08 for 250. Them Plus an X-Pipe with Ford Racing Shorty headers and I couldn't be any happier with the sound! Slightly deeper than stock, but very smooth. No back fire or rasp at all.

2006 Mustang GT Premium. Bullitt Inspired

4.10s, Ford Racing Shorty Headers, Custom X-Pipe w/ High Flow Cats, Bullitt Mufflers (off an 08') Ford Racing 62mm TB, K&N CAI, Predator Tuner w/Custom Tunes, Steeda Pulleys, Roush Scoop and Louvers (won in a poker game!), Eleanor Grill, 8K HIDs, Smoke Turn Signal Housings, Side Markers, Taillights, CDC Blackout Panel, "Power by Ford" Shelby Emblems, Ford Racing Lowering Springs 1", 18" '10 Premium Wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page