CCFL halo lights with HID's hide halo? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

CCFL halo lights with HID's hide halo?

Title pretty much says it all. I have the CCFL halos for my headlights and fogs but wouldn't mind having HID's installed on them. Does anyone know if the HID would be to powerful and not show the halo as well if I invested in some?

2011 Mustang 5.0/ BBK Cold Air/SCT Tuner/ Pypes X-Pipe/SLP Loudmouth Exhaust/3.73 Gears/235 Front 295 Back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012
PONY Member
S197 Member

I had HIDs on mine. You can still see the halo.

2014 Silver Ingot GT Premium
JLT Carbon Fiber CAI
Bama V2 93 Race Tune
Roush Axle-backs
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Did you go with the 6000k? That seemed like the closest match to the color of the halo

2011 Mustang 5.0/ BBK Cold Air/SCT Tuner/ Pypes X-Pipe/SLP Loudmouth Exhaust/3.73 Gears/235 Front 295 Back

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012
Apprentice
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

i have HIDS and halos on both my stangs. I had regular halogen bulbs with the halos, and after that i installed HIDS. Looks so much better and its so much brighter. U can still see the halos.6000k looks very nice with them, close match.

2003 SVT Cobra: 3" pulley, BBK RAI, Bassani x pipe with high flow cats, magnaflow mufflers and 3.5" tips, Dyno tuned.
2008:K&N cold air intake.Magnaflow exhaust
Projector headlights, LED tail lights.DG custom window louvers
GT500 rear spoiler, Roush front bumper, Tru-fiber GTS hood. CCFL fogs and headlights.2001: SLP LM1 exhaust.painted calipers and rims.SCT 4 bank eliminator chip with Bama custom tunes. K&N FIPK, Black Mach 1 spoiler, Mach 1 hood stripe
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012
PONY Member
S197 Member

I had 8k but yes the 6k will probably match better.

2014 Silver Ingot GT Premium
JLT Carbon Fiber CAI
Bama V2 93 Race Tune
Roush Axle-backs
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012
PONY Member

Garage
I'm not trying to hijack this thread since I have the CCFL halo headlights from AM. I was wondering what HID wattage people are using with them to prevent things from melting. I was told not to use HIDs because the bulbs were a larger size and because they also run hotter then normal bulbs there is a higher chance of things melting. Is this true, and other then using the 6000-8000k lights anything else people would suggest?

2007 Mustang GT Red / Manual / Airaid CAI / Tuner / Smoked third brake light / CCFL Smoked Halo Headlights / HID headlights / Flowmaster American Thunder axle back exhaust / JBA Long Tube Headers / Off Road H-pipe / Line lock / Roush Short Shifter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page