Our Clubs Annual Car Show is tomorrow afternoon - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Our Clubs Annual Car Show is tomorrow afternoon

Last year I won 1st place for the "Best Production Car 1974 to Present" so I'll see how I do tomorrow. I've put less than 1K on her since then and I've only put just over 670 miles on it this summer.
I still amaze myself at how good she still looks inside, underneath and out so I'll see if all my hard work pay's off. I only wish we had a Mustang Only Car Show near by.
I do have a "TIP" for any of you looking on how to clean your Valve Covers and Intake and all the rest of the motor parts. Mine only has dust on them and it's a pain to try and clean it off everything. I figured I'd buy a Paint Brush....the paint brush worked great for getting the dust out of all the nooks and crannys, I just wiped and and pushed out all the dust.
I love my mustang as much as all of you's, but Im a country boy and a farmer. I dont have much time to drive it but I shure like keeping it clean. Im more into my Ford 4X4's and work. I just may think of selling it, Im not sure what Im gonna do, the more and more I think about it, it's just not practicle to have one when I just dont drive it.
It'll be paid for next July 11th and If I dont get a new 50th Anniversary model it may go. I'll explain my reasons at a later date.

2002 GT Premium Auto Mineral Grey. Pypes Violater Cat Back Exhaust.
2003 V6 Auto Oxford White, all original no Mods
SOLD 2007 V6 Premium Pony
FORD BUILT WITHOUT YOUR TAX DOLLARS
SAVE AMERICA STOP OBAMA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Well my reasons for thinking of selling are because a few weeks back I stopped at out Local FORD Dealer to see what I could get for my mustang on a trade for a new 2012 5.0
The salesman and managers were all over my stang, they loved it and could'nt believe the condition. I told them the cars history, there were impressed.
Long story short, the salesman and manager both told me that they would pay me for mine what they could buy an 07 like mine for at the Auction. I tld them that would be impossible for them to find one like mine in the condition it's in with the same miles. They said condition did'nt matter, it's the car that they were buying and one the same year would be the same thing to them.
They said they would pay me the same price for mine as one that was drove through 5 winters and had 75k++ miles on....I was sick!
So all I've done to keep mine new looking does'nt mean a thing, why even buy a new car. I doubt I'll ever buy a new car again. And I'll be darned if I give mine away for peanuts to buy another new one to only come to the same conclusion in another 5 years.
Sorry for the rant I'll enjoy myself at the car show today and enjoy all the other cars there that people love and take care of. I'll donate to the club and share a few laughs with my friends. And I'll still take good care of my mustang no matter what others may think of it.

SAVE AMERICA STOP OBAMA!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012
GT Member

Condition doesn't matter?? Whatever....yours is so well taken care of it is worth a few more than a DD of the same year for sure. Some dealers a just like that. Hell I'd go to carmax and see what they'd give ya, probably better than the dealer.

Glad you had a good time. This weekend my club is going to the Mopar Super Cruise to hang out and maybe do some burnouts
Its a good time no matter what car you drive. Last year a RV tried a burnout...it was hilarious

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstafford1 View Post
Condition doesn't matter?? Whatever....yours is so well taken care of it is worth a few more than a DD of the same year for sure. Some dealers a just like that. Hell I'd go to carmax and see what they'd give ya, probably better than the dealer.

Glad you had a good time. This weekend my club is going to the Mopar Super Cruise to hang out and maybe do some burnouts
Its a good time no matter what car you drive. Last year a RV tried a burnout...it was hilarious

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
I have'nt went yet I posted this thread last night. The car show is today and registration starts at 4:30. I'll let ya know how I did and post a few pics.

SAVE AMERICA STOP OBAMA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page