Vortech standard supercharger install complete - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Vortech standard supercharger install complete

Took my time and did it right in about 3 days. I must say the instruction are a little vague. Just got done with a test drive and it is exactly what I expected. Tune is spot on and it pulls like a big block. If anyone has any question on this kit from AMuscle send me an IM, would love to help. Highly recommended.

2006 Mustang GT, MGW Shifter, Flow Master cat backs, Custom Paint, Vortech Supercharger Standard kit 420 HP, J&M lower control arms' Steeda panhard bar, aeroforce gauge, True forge wheels, SR performance springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Damn wish i could afford that right now. Hope you enjoy it man! You get your tune from AM as well?

2008 Bullitt
Black
Bama 93 Race tune; 305 rwhp, 329 rwtq

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock06 View Post
Took my time and did it right in about 3 days. I must say the instruction are a little vague. Just got done with a test drive and it is exactly what I expected. Tune is spot on and it pulls like a big block. If anyone has any question on this kit from AMuscle send me an IM, would love to help. Highly recommended.

can you be a little more specific on the package you purchased?? intercooled?? non intercooled??

hows the noise from the inside?? Pulls good?? fun?? :-)

2010 Mustang GT, FRPP 3:73.1 gears, Paxton NOVI 2200 H.O. supercharger, SCT brenspeed tune, KOOKS LT headers, catted H pipe, SSS axleback exhaust, Comp Cams Detroit RoCkErS, brenspeed grind, DuPont SuperJetBlack re-spray w/ ChromaPremier clear, blocked down and buffed out, no orange peel! and a 3m clear bra.. It sounds like my Ducati 996 now. :-P
BHP? Lots, I guess...

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

I ordered it from American muscle. The kit is dropped shipped from vortech so it all came from them. It is a non-inter cooled kit. It's very fast. It has a little whine at idle and screams at 3500 rpm and up. Love it.

2006 Mustang GT, MGW Shifter, Flow Master cat backs, Custom Paint, Vortech Supercharger Standard kit 420 HP, J&M lower control arms' Steeda panhard bar, aeroforce gauge, True forge wheels, SR performance springs
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Glad you're enjoying the new boost! I remember the first time I installed a Vortech V-1 T-trim supercharger on a built '95 GT. The Performance gains were almost jaw dropping haha.

You should try and write up an installation guide for the 05-10 GT V-3 Vortech. If you're the first one to have their install guide approved, you can get up to a $200 credit from us. Plus, reality says your first set of tires won't last too long after a Supercharger install, so that $200 credit may come in use faster than you think!

Shane

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012
Apprentice

Quote:
I ordered it from American muscle. The kit is dropped shipped from vortech so it all came from them. It is a non-inter cooled kit. It's very fast. It has a little whine at idle and screams at 3500 rpm and up. Love it.

non-intercooled?? in florida?? were you worried about the car pulling all sorts of timing as soon as it gets hot?? i have a place in sarasota and its hot pretty much year round... I'm in northern california now and the days get to 95+degF. I'm worried about heat soak.

Please keep us posted on how it feels on a nice warm day or in traffic..

2010 Mustang GT, FRPP 3:73.1 gears, Paxton NOVI 2200 H.O. supercharger, SCT brenspeed tune, KOOKS LT headers, catted H pipe, SSS axleback exhaust, Comp Cams Detroit RoCkErS, brenspeed grind, DuPont SuperJetBlack re-spray w/ ChromaPremier clear, blocked down and buffed out, no orange peel! and a 3m clear bra.. It sounds like my Ducati 996 now. :-P
BHP? Lots, I guess...
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012
Apprentice

Very nice. Any numbers for us? 1/4 times or dyno pulls?

Also, how about some pics.

2011 Kona Blue GT Coupe 6MT - Daily driver

2005 Black GT Coupe 5MT - For Shenanigans
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by megadave View Post
Also, how about some pics.
What megadave said, pix or it didn't happen..
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012
Apprentice

bump so i can find out about heatsoak w/o the intercooler..

i know you've had time to go out and mash on it! :-)

BHP? Lots, I guess...
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Heat soak should not be an issue. I mean it runs like stock till you rap it out over 3grand. Here's a pic. I do have a flat spot at 2 grand which makes it buck like I can't drive a stick. I'll figure it out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	166598  

Apprentice

so it feels pretty stock till you stand on it and the tach swings past 3g? Once that thing spools up, is it pretty quick?

BHP? Lots, I guess...
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Well just got back from dyno tune, apparently the stumble was from the fact that I did not install the black cover over the air filter. (Had a flat stumble at 3000rpm) That thing stops the air turbulence from the radiator fan and wind from the road. Without the guard it screws with the maff airflow sensor. I had no idea they were that sensitive nor did the instruction ever say to put it on. I figured it was for show. Anyway the tune that came with the kit was within 10% of my tuners tune. He said he could get about 20 hp more out of it but didn't want to take my money. So that saved me $300. The car is running safe and I am happy with the performance. Vortech did a good job with this non cooled kit.

PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

So what were your numbers after the dyno?
Apprentice

His sig says "420.." In northern california that means something else entirely.. :-P

I'm super jealous...i'd LOVE to get this kit.

BHP? Lots, I guess...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page