Buddy wants to race - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Buddy wants to race

He has an 01 Cobra. It has the CAI and tuned, but not sure if its the 93 tune. He might be running the 87 tune. He just went down to 3.23s. Also, it has the hurst short throw shifter in it, but thats no big deal. He's not that great. I know thats the 4.6 4v motor, but is it anything like the one in the Termis? Yes, those are supercharged, but I have to imagine the 01s are still quick. Whats gonna happen if we line up?

2006 Mustang GT--C&L Racer CAI, 93R Bama tune, SLP Loudmouth axle-backs, 4.10s, CMDPs, J&M LCAs, GT500KR shocks/struts/springs, BBK ceramic shorties, Pypes O/R H pipe, Prothane sway bar bushings, Powerstop Drilled/Slotted rotors, Powerstop performance ceramic pads
*SR Performance UD Pullies on the way
"There's no replacement for displacement"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
01 cobra is only 300 hp IIRC, not the 4v in the termi unless im thinking wrong.

2016 Mustang GT 5.0 Magnetic Metallic Performance Package
Interior - Recaro Bucket Seats, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats, Diode Dynamics LED Visor Mirror Lights, LED Glove Box Light, LED Trunk Light, and LED Map Light
Exterior -Dealer Installed Shelby GT350 Racing Stripes, SunTek Carbon 15% Tint, Diode Dynamics LED Switchback Blinkers, LED Reverse Light
Performance - MBRP Race Series 3" Catback
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012
Banned
4.6L Member

not even close to Termi power..I'm assuming you are racing him with your 06? It would be close, a driver's race, since both cars are similar in power, etc
Also he went "down to 3.23"? Wow, never heard of that one

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

According to your signature, it looks like you have a terminator...is that what your planning to race him with? If so, it won't even be close. If you're in your 06 GT, it will be a close race...probably based on mods and driver...

2006 Screaming Yellow GT Convertible, Steeda Sport Springs, 19" Shelby GT500 wheels, SSS Terminator exhaust, C&L Intake + 93 octane tune, Sony XAV68BT head unit, Memphis MXC572 speakers
Check out catchyellowfever.org
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Just race in your SVT and have an easy win.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

just go for it, and be safe . . . not much fun internet racing, much more fun racing for real!

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I'll be in my 06. The Termi is my dads. I drove it for awhile though, then I got my car. So thats that. Haha. And he may have meant 3.31s which I was thinking but thats what he said. He had 4.10s but he had bad whining issues from a bad install by the previous owner. So he had them changed and went to a longer gear to help with MPGs. I knew they weren't exactly the same as the Termi motors but wasn't exactly sure how they did.

2006 Mustang GT--C&L Racer CAI, 93R Bama tune, SLP Loudmouth axle-backs, 4.10s, CMDPs, J&M LCAs, GT500KR shocks/struts/springs, BBK ceramic shorties, Pypes O/R H pipe, Prothane sway bar bushings, Powerstop Drilled/Slotted rotors, Powerstop performance ceramic pads
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Cars in sig that arnt yours....

'05 GT
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Hey now... I did drive it for a solid handful(8-9) of months. It is what I started with when I started hanging around the forums. I feel it should at least deserve to be on the bottom of the list in the sig, haha. I do not mean to false advertise though.:no grinner
And so the final verdict is? Me or him winning?

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby0813 View Post
Hey now... I did drive it for a solid handful(8-9) of months. It is what I started with when I started hanging around the forums. I feel it should at least deserve to be on the bottom of the list in the sig, haha. I do not mean to false advertise though.:no grinner
And so the final verdict is? Me or him winning?
I'm placing my bet on you. You'll only find out by actually racing, though!
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby0813 View Post
He has an 01 Cobra. It has the CAI and tuned, but not sure if its the 93 tune. He might be running the 87 tune. He just went down to 3.23s. Also, it has the hurst short throw shifter in it, but thats no big deal. He's not that great. I know thats the 4.6 4v motor, but is it anything like the one in the Termis? Yes, those are supercharged, but I have to imagine the 01s are still quick. Whats gonna happen if we line up?
Only one way to find out, line em up.

But one of the best rules of street racing (and strip racing) is that if two cars are closely match and one car gets out on the other car, it's REALLY HARD to catch up.

That's why I've always been a huge proponent of UPR Products suspension and sticky tires. Even if he has more horsepower than you, if you cut a "good light" (leave right on the third honk or whatever) and you hook hard, he's not gonna catch you.

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
PONY Member

You'll beat him. I waxed my buddies 01 cobra 4 times in a row and I only had a tune and cat-back exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2014 Grabber Blue Premium5.0

The Past: 2007 FireRed GT
2012 V6Performance White
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page