Ford 2005 Mustang Pricing? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2005 Thread Starter
Rookie

Question Ford 2005 Mustang Pricing?

Forgive me if this has been discussed already but I could not find any such discussion.

What are the different price levels for the 2005 Mustang? Where does Ford employee/retiree (A/D plan) fit wrt to invoice, etc? Am I correct in assuming the following in order of cheapest to most expensive:
1) Ford employee/retiree (A/D plan) price
2) Dealer/Invoice price
3) Dealer/Invoice with holdback price
4) Ford partner/friend (X plan) price
5) MSRP/sticker price
Or is that wrong? Or are any of these price levels the same (i.e.: is A/D the same as Invoice?)

Specifically I would like to know pricing for a GT Premium Convertible and the base prices (not including $625 destination) I have seen for that particular model, as of 2/18/05, are:
2) Dealer/invoice price = $26,819
3) Dealer/invoice price with holdback = $27,901
5) MSRP/sticker price = $30,550

In terms of price differentials I spoke with someone at the Ford X-plan tollfree number and they indicated that the X-plan is 4% more than Ford employee price. But what I am missing is Ford employee pricing. Is it really the lowest figure or not?

tc

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2005
S197 Member

Here are my rough guesses based on what D-Plan and X-Plan are. The easiest way to get X-Plan is to go to the ford partner website and then after you enter your pin you can search dealer inventory to find the car you want. The prices will be changed to also show the X-Plan price.

Here is my guess on pricing.
D-Plan ~27000 + 625 Dest.
X-Plan ~28490 + 625 Dest.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2005
eyelleye

Found this on another site regarding the "plans."

A plan is for current Ford(not dealerships) employees.
Z plan is for retired Ford employees.
Also these plans can be used by immediate family members of the employees.

D plan is for Ford dealership employees of Blue Oval Certified dealerships, that have been employeed more than 6 months.

X plan is for family and friends of Ford employees and if a person works for a company that is a supplier in someway of Ford. There is a long list that qualifies for this.

The pricing goes this way. A plan is determined by Ford and can be found on the dealers order sheet/invoice in a box labeled A plan. This price is the same for Z and D plan as well. It is typically 4% under invoice, although it might vary a few dollars either way.

X plan is figured this way: A plan price + 4% + $150.
The advantage to using X plan instead of buying at invoice is that the dealer cannot charge dealership fees on a plan purchase, whereas they do charge it if you buy at invoice and not on a plan. Usually the dealership fees end up bringing the price up above X plan.

The dealership is paid a set amount by Ford when they sell a vehicle on anyone of the plans. So, if a dealer sells a car on X plan instead of selling at invoice without a plan, they make more money. Therefore the dealer is better off selling on plan unless they get someone to pay more than invoice, or even MSRP.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2005
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyelleye
D plan is for Ford dealership employees of Blue Oval Certified dealerships, that have been employeed more than 6 months.
D-Plan can also be for family of Ford dealership employees.

Here is a great website http://www.bartowford.com/EmployeePlans.htm
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005

Im not sure about all thes plans, but in New Mexico they are marking GT's up 7,000 and not budging on the price.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyelleye
Found this on another site regarding the "plans."

A plan is for current Ford(not dealerships) employees.
Z plan is for retired Ford employees.
Also these plans can be used by immediate family members of the employees.

X plan is for family and friends of Ford employees and if a person works for a company that is a supplier in someway of Ford. There is a long list that qualifies for this.

The pricing goes this way. A plan is determined by Ford and can be found on the dealers order sheet/invoice in a box labeled A plan. This price is the same for Z and D plan as well. It is typically 4% under invoice, although it might vary a few dollars either way.

X plan is figured this way: A plan price + 4% + $150.
The advantage to using X plan instead of buying at invoice is that the dealer cannot charge dealership fees on a plan purchase, whereas they do charge it if you buy at invoice and not on a plan. Usually the dealership fees end up bringing the price up above X plan.

The dealership is paid a set amount by Ford when they sell a vehicle on anyone of the plans. So, if a dealer sells a car on X plan instead of selling at invoice without a plan, they make more money. Therefore the dealer is better off selling on plan unless they get someone to pay more than invoice, or even MSRP.
Thanks dude. Sounds like what I saw on the X-Plan Ford Partner webpage once I got my company's code to have a look see inside to learn more. Like you, they refer to "Invoice", I wonder if that is "Dealer Invoice with holdback" though. What and how much are these fees that you speak of when not going X-Plan? Anyway, here is the quote I saw on the site:
Quote:
The Partner Recognition Program offers substantial savings on most Ford Motor Company vehicles. Partner pricing varies by brand, as follows:

X-Plan Pre-determined price based on Ford Employee ("A-Plan") price.

The X-Plan price is noted on the dealer invoice (excluding Land Rover and Mazda)

Ford A-Plan + 4%
Lincoln A-Plan + 4%
Jaguar A-Plan + 4%
Volvo A-Plan + 2%
Land Rover Dealer Invoice + 4%
Mazda Dealer Net + 4% + $300 PDI + Gas + $100 Admin Fee

For actual pricing on in-stock vehicles visit your local dealership.
But I don't see anything about an additional $150 but maybe it is different as this came from xplan.ca a Canadian page. Wonder how they differentiate "Dealer Invoice" with "Dealer Net".

tc

Last edited by texascanuck; 03-11-2005 at 01:41 AM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005
Rookie

Talking

Got my 05 gt preium on the D plan.D-Plan

Who's Eligible
  • Blue Oval and certain family members.
  • Lincoln Premier Experience - please refer to
  • Dealership employees must be listed in STARS.
  • Two new products per calendar year may be purchased/leased.
  • Family members eligible are the same as A/Z Plan (previously defined).
    • spouse
    • parents
    • spouse's parents
    • sons and daughters (including in-laws and step-children)
    • grandchildren
    • brothers and sisters (including in-laws, half and step)
Lucky me my brother-in-law runs the ford dealership. Paid well under 26k
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005
MACH I Member

A-Z plans or whatever. My father in laws brother was a bigshot w/ Ford and is now retired. Once per calendar year someone in the family can purchase a Ford vehicle under some letter of the alphabet. We looked into it and my father-in-law would have to buy the car and keep it in his name for 6 months and then sell it to me and on and on. To save maybe 2k … it wasn't worth the hassle. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

2005 GT coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page