Having a chin spoiler takes some getting used to... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Having a chin spoiler takes some getting used to...

Well...I have scraped bottom a few times, but this time the chin spoiler bent back and since it's a whopping 30 degrees out today, the paint and racing stripe cracked right down the middle. When I got the car, I was in love with the way the front looked so mean but now that stupid chin spoiler is just something else to get messed up. My friend put it into to words well when he said driving my car is like driving around in a piece of fine china. So bummed....I guess I'll be in the body shop this spring, hope it isn't too expensive. I have to work on parking really far away from those curbs. Has anyone here had their stripes painted on? Wonder what that would run...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

2005 GT premium convertible: Performance White with red Shelby style stripes and red leather/charcoal interior, K&N CAI, Flowmaster cat backs, Steeda Tri-Ax...here we go again...
2005 GT premium convertible: Satin Silver with red leather/charcoal interior, Flowmaster American Thunder axleback, K&N FIPK...K.I.A. 12/12/12
2001 Honda CBR 929RR: Pearlescent Yellow/Black, Erion bolt on can, K&N filter...don't even try...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

This app sucks...why do pictures never load?

2005 GT premium convertible: Performance White with red Shelby style stripes and red leather/charcoal interior, K&N CAI, Flowmaster cat backs, Steeda Tri-Ax...here we go again...
2005 GT premium convertible: Satin Silver with red leather/charcoal interior, Flowmaster American Thunder axleback, K&N FIPK...K.I.A. 12/12/12
2001 Honda CBR 929RR: Pearlescent Yellow/Black, Erion bolt on can, K&N filter...don't even try...
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013
GT Member

I can't speak for the Mustang, but my sister had stripes painted on her camaro, and I believe it was $1600.

2013 GT 6 spd, GT500 mufflers, BOSS quad exhaust, Roush CAI, Barton shifter & 2 post bracket
CS GT-40 Wheels, Hotchkis sway bars, upper and lower control arms, springs (1.1/1.6 drop) and adj panhard bar KONI yellow struts and shocks J&M caster/camber plates,
BMR Upper control arm mount and lower control arm brackets.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Holy crap! That's more than half a full paint job!

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2013
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Yea my friends make fun of me for parking away from stuff, but its better then hitting my car with the poles/curbs etc. There is this front chin spoiler they sell that looks pretty cool. Its like 25 bucks and mounts on most any cars, its not really a chin spoiler but looks like one...I cant explain heres a pic:
Ford EZ Lip Front Bumper Spoiler Splitter Valance Body Kit Air Dam Chin Mach 1 | eBay

2012 Race Red Ford Mustang 5.0

R.I.P.
Grey 2006 Ford Mustang SCS
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2013
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I have a nice CDC chin spoiler on my GT, and have been fortunate enough not to have contacted any obstacles with it yet.

However If your interested I came across this product from American Muscle, It's known as a front end parking assist sensor. I have provided you with the link below.

Good luck!

Front End Parking Assist Sensor at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

2005 GT Redfire Metallic, Manual, SCT Tuned Bama 91 Race Tune, Pypes Off-Road X-Pipe, Borla Stinger Axle backs, Steeda Cold Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw, Sequential Tail Lights, 2013 GT500 SVTPP Take Off Wheels, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Custom Painted Black Pony, Side Window Louvers, Painted Mirror Caps, Shelby Kicker Audio, Eibach Anti Sway Bars, Odometer: 11,400 Miles
2005 F-150 2.5 HBS level 20x9 monsters 35" nitto terra grapplers
2013 Lincoln MKZ 2.0T AWD. White. Tints
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMustang06V6 View Post
Yea my friends make fun of me for parking away from stuff, but its better then hitting my car with the poles/curbs etc. There is this front chin spoiler they sell that looks pretty cool. Its like 25 bucks and mounts on most any cars, its not really a chin spoiler but looks like one...I cant explain heres a pic:
Ford EZ Lip Front Bumper Spoiler Splitter Valance Body Kit Air Dam Chin Mach 1 | eBay
Yeah that's a $25 roll of adhesive foam. . . :nogrinner

Anyways,
Doing anything to make your car lower is just something you need to keep in mind coming up to curbs or speed bumps. You just get into a habit of watching out for stuff like that. There are some real suspension slaves out there who couldn't make it over a credit card, but as long as your not too low it should be manageable.

In the mean time, you could order a paint match rattle can and just paint and clear it yourself. To paint a chin spoiler shouldn't be more than a few hundred dollars if you take it to a shop though. Stripes, maybe tack on a hundred to couple hundred more? It's such a small piece though it SHOULDN'T be anywhere near $1000.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMustang06V6 View Post
Basically it's the same stuff you buy at a hardware store and tack it to the bottom of your garage door.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page