Extended Warranty? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
Classic Member
4.6L Member

When you purchase a 5 yr plan it starts from day 1, but if you dont, you still get them same coverage for 3 yr 36k miles from the factory. This is ok for people who usually trade after a couple of years like i did. but, i still had the option to get the remaining 2 yr if i came in before the original warrantee expired, should i have decided to keep it for another few years.
Yes this is expensive to extend the coverage till the 5 yr mark, but i would rather spend the 1-2 hundred extra if i decided to keep the car than loose 4-500 from a 5 yr plan bought the first day if i decided to sell the car at the 3 yr mark.

70 Mach 1 Mustang 351 4bbl 4 speed
2004 SVT (Terminator) Cobra
#3083 out of 3768
Build date 3/8/04
1 of 227 Metallic Silver Cobras
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

S197 Member

My last car was a 96 Mits Eclipse GS Turbo that had only 38,000 original miles on it 9 years later when I sold it. (I never bought extended warranty for it.) I'm a weekend driver and will probably be the same with my 05 mustang--but slightly more miles--it's a Mustang! I'd have to drive 1,000 miles a month to meet the 36,000 mile manufacturer's warranty limit and don't see that happening especially with today's gas prices. At least it's good that the 05 takes regular gas and not premium only like my 96 Eclipse.

I think I might buy the 7 yr/60k prem Ford ESP coverage at $1,075 now. At least I'll be covered for 7 years and if I sell the 05, I'll get more for it with warranty included. I read that the 05 GT mustang years from now will be "the one" that many would be interested in buying as a used car in the future. More so than the 06.

S197 Member

I wanted the 7 year/100K ESP-- the dealer was not willing to match the price of the ford ESP website-- which I found very strange...

http://www.fordwarrantys.com/

I'll be purchasing my ESP from the web.
jq

My dealer wouldn't match it either. It's a guy in Connecticut (I think) basically undercutting everyone with a very very low price. Please report back if buying form Fordwarrantys.com turns out to be a good "no-hassle" experience. I'm curious what the catch is.

[Deleted, advertisement and 'stolen' text.... pls. don't do that! kj]

Last edited by kj_cinci; 02-15-2006 at 10:37 PM. Reason: ad, multiple links names and phone numbers, copied text...

Warranties

When I bought my 06 Mustang I asked the salesman directly if I did a computer upgrade, or suspension upgrade[ford or not] he told me straight
out that the warranty would be VOID. But, htat was my dealership not all. Some may be more lenient?? Unfortunately, i have had experience with AFTERMARKET extended warranties and my advice is to stay the h_ll away from them. If you want the extended warranty buy one from Ford. The extended warranty I bought for my Honda[commuter car] was an aftermarket warranty, however when it came time to use it they were out of business and based out of Jamaica. My mistake, please don't make the same one.
Also, a salesman tells you the factory warranty will cover anything, look for a new salesman, he's lying to get your money. Talk to the service manager to verify what they will cover.[and get it in writing if he says they cover everything.]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page