Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   2005-2010 Mustang Talk (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-talk/)
-   -   XM Roady 2 Mount? (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-talk/40008-xm-roady-2-mount.html)

tampa 04-07-2005 11:34 AM

XM Roady 2 Mount?

Hi all -

I have an XM Roady 2 satellite radio and have not been able to find a good place to mount it. Any ideas? The most logical place looks like right on the aluminum console between the AC vents, but I don't really want to put the sticky mounting tape on there, nor do I want to wires haning around the dash. Any ideas would be appreciated. One nice thing about it is that you can change the color of the display, so I can match whatever color I'm using on the My Color!
IVP

martimus 04-07-2005 12:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tampa
Hi all -

I have an XM Roady 2 satellite radio and have not been able to find a good place to mount it. Any ideas? The most logical place looks like right on the aluminum console between the AC vents, but I don't really want to put the sticky mounting tape on there, nor do I want to wires haning around the dash. Any ideas would be appreciated. One nice thing about it is that you can change the color of the display, so I can match whatever color I'm using on the My Color!
IVP

You could always do what I did with mine... go topside! Other than a little extra work to run the cables cleanly it looks and works pretty great. :D

2k5GTC 04-07-2005 02:35 PM

I've been wondering the same thing for my Roady 1. Except I am getting the convertible, so no way to mount it up top. :smilie Was thinking maybe I could design an enclosure to mount on top of the dash to mimick the factory dash "eyebrows". Throw a modified dash cover on it and you would never know it didnt come that way. (Yeah right). I won't know what to do until the vert gets here (if ever).

wifewantedaGT 04-07-2005 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martimus
You could always do what I did with mine... go topside! Other than a little extra work to run the cables cleanly it looks and works pretty great. :D

Is the power cord long enough to get it into the arm rest and still be hidden or did you have to get a longer one? The only place I could come up with that would'nt have wire exposed everywhere was on top of the dash to the left of the steering wheel. I figured I could get it real close to the left edge of the dash and tuck the wires from there.

RDSox04 04-07-2005 03:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I put mine in side the armrest. The antenna cable comes through the trunk around the seat and into the armrest hole through that little panel in there. Attached is a pic of where my antenna is on the back window. . Double sided molding tape from Checker.

wifewantedaGT 04-14-2005 08:35 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Attached are some pics of the way I installed the roady2. I used the swivel mount that came with the roady. I was pretty happy with the way it came out. It actually came out cleaner than I thought it would.

2k5GTC 04-14-2005 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wifewantedaGT
Attached are some pics of the way I installed the roady2. I used the swivel mount that came with the roady. I was pretty happy with the way it came out. It actually came out cleaner than I thought it would.

Pretty slick install. You can barely see the wires. Wish I had my vert so I could do that! :anianger: