XM Roady 2 Mount? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Question XM Roady 2 Mount?

Hi all -

I have an XM Roady 2 satellite radio and have not been able to find a good place to mount it. Any ideas? The most logical place looks like right on the aluminum console between the AC vents, but I don't really want to put the sticky mounting tape on there, nor do I want to wires haning around the dash. Any ideas would be appreciated. One nice thing about it is that you can change the color of the display, so I can match whatever color I'm using on the My Color!
IVP

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa
Hi all -

I have an XM Roady 2 satellite radio and have not been able to find a good place to mount it. Any ideas? The most logical place looks like right on the aluminum console between the AC vents, but I don't really want to put the sticky mounting tape on there, nor do I want to wires haning around the dash. Any ideas would be appreciated. One nice thing about it is that you can change the color of the display, so I can match whatever color I'm using on the My Color!
IVP
You could always do what I did with mine... go topside! Other than a little extra work to run the cables cleanly it looks and works pretty great.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Roady2 install.JPG
Views:	344
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	7176  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005
PONY Member
S197 Member

I've been wondering the same thing for my Roady 1. Except I am getting the convertible, so no way to mount it up top. :smilie Was thinking maybe I could design an enclosure to mount on top of the dash to mimick the factory dash "eyebrows". Throw a modified dash cover on it and you would never know it didnt come that way. (Yeah right). I won't know what to do until the vert gets here (if ever).

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martimus
You could always do what I did with mine... go topside! Other than a little extra work to run the cables cleanly it looks and works pretty great.
Is the power cord long enough to get it into the arm rest and still be hidden or did you have to get a longer one? The only place I could come up with that would'nt have wire exposed everywhere was on top of the dash to the left of the steering wheel. I figured I could get it real close to the left edge of the dash and tuck the wires from there.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005
S197 Member

I put mine in side the armrest. The antenna cable comes through the trunk around the seat and into the armrest hole through that little panel in there. Attached is a pic of where my antenna is on the back window. . Double sided molding tape from Checker.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	xmant.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	7184  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005
S197 Member

Attached are some pics of the way I installed the roady2. I used the swivel mount that came with the roady. I was pretty happy with the way it came out. It actually came out cleaner than I thought it would.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	XMinstall 001.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	875.9 KB
ID:	7318   Click image for larger version

Name:	XMinstall 002.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	879.6 KB
ID:	7319  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifewantedaGT
Attached are some pics of the way I installed the roady2. I used the swivel mount that came with the roady. I was pretty happy with the way it came out. It actually came out cleaner than I thought it would.
Pretty slick install. You can barely see the wires. Wish I had my vert so I could do that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page