xenon mustang parts - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools

Torch...your car really looks good. The window and hood scoops give the car a mean and aggressive look.:eyepoppin I was wondering what size wheels you have on your car?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalapeno
Torch...your car really looks good. The window and hood scoops give the car a mean and aggressive look.:eyepoppin I was wondering what size wheels you have on your car?
Thanks Jalapeno! Most people aren't diggin the scoops for some reason. I'm happy with them though. Wheels are 20x8.5 w/ 255/35/20's

PONY Member
S197 Member

The only things I want for my Stang is the lovered rear window, a nice looking black chin spoiler, the Ford mag wheels instead of those (see avatar pic), and to paint the stock rear spoiler black.

Maybe a different hood later that looks more like the 60s style (with the little hood scoop like torchred05's) but I HATE hood scoops that aren't functional.

The dealer added those stripes on the car. They look okay but they are a decal and don't continue over the bumpers so if I ever get a hood I'll have them painted on correctly.

- Chad
2014 GT500 Shelby Cobra Triple Black
2017 Focus RS Stealth Gray

PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchred05
Thanks Jalapeno! Most people aren't diggin the scoops for some reason. I'm happy with them though. Wheels are 20x8.5 w/ 255/35/20's
The 1/4 and side scoops look awesome. From this forum it seems most people are digging them. I plan to get these scoops, but a different hood scoop down the road.
S197 Member

Thumbs up

Gang, I finally got my quarter window scoops installed (by me) today. They really look great (my opinion). Pics will follow soon. So I'm going to quit knocking Xenon. They did a good job on the scoops even if they look a little funky when you first get them before prep and paint. Also, somebody before was complaining about the fact that the Xenon parts are installed with double back tape. Well I can tell you that after I finished with the installation not only is the fit and finish good, there's no way the scoops are going to come off. Also, I don't know if some of you know it but the GT emblem on the trunk and the GT emblems on the side of the car are also installed with 3M double back tape along with alignment pins.
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to superman112
yeah pic's please!! the body shop should be calling me tomorrow so i can see how they came out...today i took my GT to get some scratches buffed and amn did they do a great job!!! if in the orange county NY area.. check out Heavenly touch deatil shop in middletown...they did a great job for a good price...

Glad you guys posted on here. I really like these mods & was looking to get 'em soon. This is the cheapest place I've found 'em:

http://www.autoaccessory4u.com/

He has a ebay store too, so you might wanna buy from there for some extra CYA protection.

One question, where are you guys getting your parts painted? Maaco? Also, anyone got the color codes for the 05's?

GT IUP Silver...w/much more to add...
S197 Member

I got my quarter window scoops painted at Bankers Auto Body in Renton, WA. They painted them for $75.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page