Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   2005-2010 Mustang Talk (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-talk/)
-   -   xenon mustang parts (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-talk/40027-xenon-mustang-parts.html)

superman112 04-07-2005 09:18 PM

xenon mustang parts

ok folks.. I had ordered a set of the Xenon solid louvers and a pair of the c-side scoops and the ducktail spolier (needed to replace those damn holes!!) now the louvers and scoops came in last night and well..... not exactly much to bragg about.. i'm hoping once primed and painted they will look good enough to put on "Lois"... I took them to a reputable body shop here in the area and they were a little iffie about painting them.. they are going to do a test one to see how the finished product will look.. i'm gonna get some pic's but just to let everyone know... they might not be top notch... wish me luck!

likwid 04-08-2005 04:54 PM

I was about to get the Xenon the spoiler...Till I found out you had to tape it part of it on. :so

Out of curiousity, which parts use tape, and which parts bolt on?

jerryII 04-08-2005 10:00 PM

I ordered and received the Xenon quarter window scoops and was also not overly impressed. I'm having them painted now and then will see if I'm going to install them depending on the looks. I wish I would have gone to a sheet metal shop and had them custom made. I still might do that if the Xenon parts look like s... after they're painted. I can only wish the both of us good luck.

superman112 04-09-2005 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerryII
I ordered and received the Xenon quarter window scoops and was also not overly impressed. I'm having them painted now and then will see if I'm going to install them depending on the looks. I wish I would have gone to a sheet metal shop and had them custom made. I still might do that if the Xenon parts look like s... after they're painted. I can only wish the both of us good luck.

yeah me too!! and when I told the guy to hold on shipping the Xenon spoiler until I see the finshed painted louver, he was all like well I have solds hundreds and no one is complaining.... I know the CDC spoiler is bolted and I dont know about the SSE one.... I dont know if its that I dont like the material in general or just Xenon's particular stuff... I should have pick's in the next couple of days

torchred05 04-09-2005 08:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I don't know guys, I like them. I had them painted at shop then installed myself...just need to make sure area is cleaned with rubbing alcohol and utilize adhesive promotor and they "stay hard"

RedDominion 04-09-2005 10:56 PM

Hey torchred05, which Quarter scoops did you buy? I like those over the classis louvre.

jetfuelburner 04-09-2005 11:17 PM

hood scoop?

hey torchred....is that hood scoop from Xenon? Did it bolt on or glue on? I assume it is non functional is that right? I mean other than making it look bad ass of course.

superman112 04-10-2005 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torchred05
I don't know guys, I like them. I had them painted at shop then installed myself...just need to make sure area is cleaned with rubbing alcohol and utilize adhesive promotor and they "stay hard"

Well.. your care is pretty much what sold me on getting the scoops and c-scoops.. now let me ask you this?? when you got the parts were they very soft and rubbery ( dont know if that's word but oh well).... let me know.. cause I have the body shop working on one knw to "test" it out...

torchred05 04-10-2005 12:50 PM

Both 1/4 window and Side scoops are Xenon. The hood scoop is a Boss 429 Non-functional hood scoop which you'll have to drill 2 holes and once again use 2 sided tape on the sides and back so at least the front of the scoop is secure and won't blow off. If I remember correctly the side scoops and hood scoop all cost right around $200.00 for prep and paint at my body shop. I just dropped them off, they got the paint code and I installed myself.

Now the scoops, even the hood, are manufactured from urethane. They weren't really all that "soft and rubbery". They were actually rigid with a "little" flexibility. When they come back from paint shop they may look a little deformed but you can fix that by setting them out in the sun or using a heat gun to warm them up so they flex to form to your cars lines and curves.

Hope this helps.

I know someone's going to ask where I got them: www.crossroadzdirect.com

jerryII 04-10-2005 04:18 PM

Torchred, I really like the hood scoop. Are you happy with it? Does it look likes it belongs on the car? Thanks, Jerry

torchred05 04-10-2005 04:25 PM

Quote:

Torchred, I really like the hood scoop. Are you happy with it? Does it look likes it belongs on the car? Thanks, Jerry

Hi Jerry. Oh YEAH I love the way it looks! Regardless if it's non-functional I like the way it brings a unique look to the car...IMO Some may like, some may not

jerryII 04-10-2005 05:15 PM

Torch, thanks for the reply. I'm defiently going to keep the Boss 429 hood scoop in mind. I'm also looking at CDC's shaker system but they seem awfully slow getting anything to market. They still don't have their quarter window scoops released even though they said they would be ready to go in March.

torchred05 04-10-2005 05:37 PM

Quote:

Torch, thanks for the reply. I'm defiently going to keep the Boss 429 hood scoop in mind. I'm also looking at CDC's shaker system but they seem awfully slow getting anything to market. They still don't have their quarter window scoops released even though they said they would be ready to go in March.

Hey jerry, no problemo. I don't know what's up with CDC and getting their products on the market. they have a couple of things going but others are on eternal backorder..:shrug

jerryII 04-11-2005 08:47 PM

I just got my rear quarter window scoops back from the painter. They look great. The painter did a really good job and only charged me $75. I'm going to install them this coming Wednesday and then I'll post pictures. I've already held them in place and boy does the paint make a difference. Something tells me (at least I hope so) that I'm really going to like them when installed. Only time will tell.

Kensho 04-12-2005 12:47 AM

Torch,

Noticed no GT badges. Is your a V6 if so how was making the grille like a GT? Difficult?

Whatever it is it looks great and is a wonderful example of how people are personalizing these cars.