Orange County, NY ... need help - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Question Orange County, NY ... need help

I live in Orange County NY which is about an hour Northeast of NY City. I am ordering a Bassani x-pipe and axle back system and I need to find a trustworthy shop who can cut the factory x pipe out and weld the new parts in together. Does anyone live in the area and know a place I can go to get this done? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005
V6 Member
S197 Member

Well don't take it to Orange County Choppers and let Mikey weld it!! He's a wild man!

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

I'm sure you too have CarX, Midas, Pep Boys, Tuffy, Meineke, on every street corner...

Look on-line, shop around and don't forget to print a coupon... :hihi:

CarX here did a great job with mine, at a great price! :thumbsup

I have been trashing exhaust mods for the 05 but I will admit here and now that my low end TQ is oh so much better with the mod, that's with the butt-dyno but I can tell quite a big diff... My MACs are a bit too loud in the car at certain RPMs, I hope it settles...??

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Really...I didn't know that, I thought that places like Meineke only installed the exhausts that they sell. I will give the local shop a call. It's a small place and the guy who owns it is a nice guy. Thanks.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I8URVTEC
I live in Orange County NY which is about an hour Northeast of NY City. I am ordering a Bassani x-pipe and axle back system and I need to find a trustworthy shop who can cut the factory x pipe out and weld the new parts in together. Does anyone live in the area and know a place I can go to get this done? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Its my understanding that most of the aftermarket exhaust parts bolt in. No welding or cutting required. Just need to get it off the ground so you can get to the pipes.

05 vert GT premium, any color you want as long as its black, 5spd, shaker 500, 18" Chrome Bullits wrapped with KDW2s 255/45 up front and 285/40s bringing up the rear, K&N CAI, Diablosport Predator 91 Octane tune, Pioneer AVIC-D3 w/Bluetooth XM IPOD, Hireman Flaming Pony, 8" antenna, Smoked lenses all around, Webelectric sequential turn signals, Redline hood struts, Hurst short throw shifter with T-handle, Bassani off-road x-pipe and axle-backs
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66stang351
Its my understanding that most of the aftermarket exhaust parts bolt in. No welding or cutting required. Just need to get it off the ground so you can get to the pipes.
You are right in a way, however, in order to keep the factory cats with you need to cut the factory x-pipe off to put the Bassani one on. After that the rest can just be bolted on however, if I am going to have someone cut the factory pipes out with a torch or whatever I figure I will have them also weld them back up for extra security.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
You are right in a way, however, in order to keep the factory cats with you need to cut the factory x-pipe off to put the Bassani one on. After that the rest can just be bolted on however, if I am going to have someone cut the factory pipes out with a torch or whatever I figure I will have them also weld them back up for extra security.
That's right, you have to cut the OM after-cat H-pipe off to bolt, or weld on your AM X.

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005
Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to superman112
Quote:
hey man.. do you have an 05 too?? I'm in middletown.. I have a black 05 GT and my girl has the black V6 vert... and bunch of us here are forming a mustang owners club.. there's about 15 of us for now... if your interested let me know... we just started but last sat we all hung out and drove around for a while...let us know how the exhaust works out for ya.. I'm planning on upgrading mines too!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005
S197 Member

Hey, where in Orange County are you? I grew up in Pine Bush and my family is still down there. My father has been restoring cars in that area for decades and knows a ton of people. I'll ask him if he know of a place you could get this done and let you know.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005 Thread Starter
S197 Member

superman112 yea, I would definatly be interested. I have a silver 2005 GT that I bought back in November and just took out of the garage. I also have a 91 5.0 LX that I am taking off of the road to resto mod. Let me know the details.

05VertGt
I live in Middletown but would be willing to travel anywhere in Orange County for a reliable place to get this done. Please let me know what you find out. Thanks!
S197 Member

I just sent a copy of your post to my Father and asked him if he knows anyone. I let you know what I hear back.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05VertGT
I just sent a copy of your post to my Father and asked him if he knows anyone. I let you know what I hear back.
Thank you for your help. :thumbsup
Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to superman112
Quote:
superman112 yea, I would definatly be interested. I have a silver 2005 GT that I bought back in November and just took out of the garage. I also have a 91 5.0 LX that I am taking off of the road to resto mod. Let me know the details.

05VertGt
I live in Middletown but would be willing to travel anywhere in Orange County for a reliable place to get this done. Please let me know what you find out. Thanks!
well i just talk to my man donald is organizing all this.. he says a bunch of them will be at the brandlee's parking lot tomorrow night.... i'll be there around 10 or 11.. he says just look for all the stangs.... if you can stop by ...my's will be the black 05 w/grey stripes....
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj_cinci
I'm sure you too have CarX, Midas, Pep Boys, Tuffy, Meineke, on every street corner...

Look on-line, shop around and don't forget to print a coupon... :hihi:

CarX here did a great job with mine, at a great price! :thumbsup

I have been trashing exhaust mods for the 05 but I will admit here and now that my low end TQ is oh so much better with the mod, that's with the butt-dyno but I can tell quite a big diff... My MACs are a bit too loud in the car at certain RPMs, I hope it settles...??
KJ.....I was going to get the MAC's for my 05 GT. I have them on my Cobra and they are pretty loud. My wife wants the 05 to sound meaner, but I know she will grow tired of them if they are as loud as the Cobra's.

You have an X-pipe which I know makes it much louder. Did you have the MAC's on before the X-pipe? If so, were they loud then?

-2007 Roush Nitemare Stage 3 Supercharged #48 of 100
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen
KJ.....I was going to get the MAC's for my 05 GT. I have them on my Cobra and they are pretty loud. My wife wants the 05 to sound meaner, but I know she will grow tired of them if they are as loud as the Cobra's.

You have an X-pipe which I know makes it much louder. Did you have the MAC's on before the X-pipe? If so, were they loud then?
Glen, nope, unfortionately I had it all put on at once. Dunno how much diff the X does for sound though as it's the same lenght and width as the stockH? I have maybe 150 miles with it all on now and it's MUCH better, the droan is almost gone! :green I knew it was going to wear me down and I'm so happy the ppl I talked to were right and it just needed some 'inside coating' from use!

I love the sound, throaty at idle and low RPMs getting a bit closer to stock higher up but still deeper and meaner, not much 'louder' though decibel wise I guess... Very nice piece!

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page