Orange County, NY ... need help - Ford Mustang Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005 Thread Starter
S197 Member
 
I8URVTEC's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 122
 
Question Orange County, NY ... need help

I live in Orange County NY which is about an hour Northeast of NY City. I am ordering a Bassani x-pipe and axle back system and I need to find a trustworthy shop who can cut the factory x pipe out and weld the new parts in together. Does anyone live in the area and know a place I can go to get this done? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I8URVTEC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005
V6 Member
S197 Member
 
martimus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 172
 
Well don't take it to Orange County Choppers and let Mikey weld it!! He's a wild man!




martimus is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member
 
kj_cinci's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 5,003
 
I'm sure you too have CarX, Midas, Pep Boys, Tuffy, Meineke, on every street corner...

Look on-line, shop around and don't forget to print a coupon... :hihi:

CarX here did a great job with mine, at a great price! :thumbsup

I have been trashing exhaust mods for the 05 but I will admit here and now that my low end TQ is oh so much better with the mod, that's with the butt-dyno but I can tell quite a big diff... My MACs are a bit too loud in the car at certain RPMs, I hope it settles...??

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
kj_cinci is offline  
 
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005 Thread Starter
S197 Member
 
I8URVTEC's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 122
 
Really...I didn't know that, I thought that places like Meineke only installed the exhausts that they sell. I will give the local shop a call. It's a small place and the guy who owns it is a nice guy. Thanks.
I8URVTEC is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member
 
66stang351's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Willamette Valley
Posts: 305
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by I8URVTEC
I live in Orange County NY which is about an hour Northeast of NY City. I am ordering a Bassani x-pipe and axle back system and I need to find a trustworthy shop who can cut the factory x pipe out and weld the new parts in together. Does anyone live in the area and know a place I can go to get this done? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Its my understanding that most of the aftermarket exhaust parts bolt in. No welding or cutting required. Just need to get it off the ground so you can get to the pipes.

05 vert GT premium, any color you want as long as its black, 5spd, shaker 500, 18" Chrome Bullits wrapped with KDW2s 255/45 up front and 285/40s bringing up the rear, K&N CAI, Diablosport Predator 91 Octane tune, Pioneer AVIC-D3 w/Bluetooth XM IPOD, Hireman Flaming Pony, 8" antenna, Smoked lenses all around, Webelectric sequential turn signals, Redline hood struts, Hurst short throw shifter with T-handle, Bassani off-road x-pipe and axle-backs
66stang351 is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005 Thread Starter
S197 Member
 
I8URVTEC's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 122
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66stang351
Its my understanding that most of the aftermarket exhaust parts bolt in. No welding or cutting required. Just need to get it off the ground so you can get to the pipes.
You are right in a way, however, in order to keep the factory cats with you need to cut the factory x-pipe off to put the Bassani one on. After that the rest can just be bolted on however, if I am going to have someone cut the factory pipes out with a torch or whatever I figure I will have them also weld them back up for extra security.
I8URVTEC is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member
 
kj_cinci's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 5,003
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by I8URVTEC
You are right in a way, however, in order to keep the factory cats with you need to cut the factory x-pipe off to put the Bassani one on. After that the rest can just be bolted on however, if I am going to have someone cut the factory pipes out with a torch or whatever I figure I will have them also weld them back up for extra security.
That's right, you have to cut the OM after-cat H-pipe off to bolt, or weld on your AM X.

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
kj_cinci is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005
Apprentice
 
superman112's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 208
 
Send a message via AIM to superman112
Quote:
Originally Posted by I8URVTEC
I live in Orange County NY which is about an hour Northeast of NY City. I am ordering a Bassani x-pipe and axle back system and I need to find a trustworthy shop who can cut the factory x pipe out and weld the new parts in together. Does anyone live in the area and know a place I can go to get this done? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
hey man.. do you have an 05 too?? I'm in middletown.. I have a black 05 GT and my girl has the black V6 vert... and bunch of us here are forming a mustang owners club.. there's about 15 of us for now... if your interested let me know... we just started but last sat we all hung out and drove around for a while...let us know how the exhaust works out for ya.. I'm planning on upgrading mines too!
superman112 is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005
S197 Member
 
05VertGT's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 30
 
Hey, where in Orange County are you? I grew up in Pine Bush and my family is still down there. My father has been restoring cars in that area for decades and knows a ton of people. I'll ask him if he know of a place you could get this done and let you know.
05VertGT is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005 Thread Starter
S197 Member
 
I8URVTEC's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 122
 
superman112 yea, I would definatly be interested. I have a silver 2005 GT that I bought back in November and just took out of the garage. I also have a 91 5.0 LX that I am taking off of the road to resto mod. Let me know the details.

05VertGt
I live in Middletown but would be willing to travel anywhere in Orange County for a reliable place to get this done. Please let me know what you find out. Thanks!
I8URVTEC is offline  
S197 Member
 
05VertGT's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 30
 
I just sent a copy of your post to my Father and asked him if he knows anyone. I let you know what I hear back.
05VertGT is offline  
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005 Thread Starter
S197 Member
 
I8URVTEC's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 122
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05VertGT
I just sent a copy of your post to my Father and asked him if he knows anyone. I let you know what I hear back.
Thank you for your help. :thumbsup
I8URVTEC is offline  
Apprentice
 
superman112's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 208
 
Send a message via AIM to superman112
Quote:
Originally Posted by I8URVTEC
superman112 yea, I would definatly be interested. I have a silver 2005 GT that I bought back in November and just took out of the garage. I also have a 91 5.0 LX that I am taking off of the road to resto mod. Let me know the details.

05VertGt
I live in Middletown but would be willing to travel anywhere in Orange County for a reliable place to get this done. Please let me know what you find out. Thanks!
well i just talk to my man donald is organizing all this.. he says a bunch of them will be at the brandlee's parking lot tomorrow night.... i'll be there around 10 or 11.. he says just look for all the stangs.... if you can stop by ...my's will be the black 05 w/grey stripes....
superman112 is offline  
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member
 
Glen's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: San Diego County
Posts: 911
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj_cinci
I'm sure you too have CarX, Midas, Pep Boys, Tuffy, Meineke, on every street corner...

Look on-line, shop around and don't forget to print a coupon... :hihi:

CarX here did a great job with mine, at a great price! :thumbsup

I have been trashing exhaust mods for the 05 but I will admit here and now that my low end TQ is oh so much better with the mod, that's with the butt-dyno but I can tell quite a big diff... My MACs are a bit too loud in the car at certain RPMs, I hope it settles...??
KJ.....I was going to get the MAC's for my 05 GT. I have them on my Cobra and they are pretty loud. My wife wants the 05 to sound meaner, but I know she will grow tired of them if they are as loud as the Cobra's.

You have an X-pipe which I know makes it much louder. Did you have the MAC's on before the X-pipe? If so, were they loud then?

-2007 Roush Nitemare Stage 3 Supercharged #48 of 100
Glen is offline  
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member
 
kj_cinci's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 5,003
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen
KJ.....I was going to get the MAC's for my 05 GT. I have them on my Cobra and they are pretty loud. My wife wants the 05 to sound meaner, but I know she will grow tired of them if they are as loud as the Cobra's.

You have an X-pipe which I know makes it much louder. Did you have the MAC's on before the X-pipe? If so, were they loud then?
Glen, nope, unfortionately I had it all put on at once. Dunno how much diff the X does for sound though as it's the same lenght and width as the stockH? I have maybe 150 miles with it all on now and it's MUCH better, the droan is almost gone! :green I knew it was going to wear me down and I'm so happy the ppl I talked to were right and it just needed some 'inside coating' from use!

I love the sound, throaty at idle and low RPMs getting a bit closer to stock higher up but still deeper and meaner, not much 'louder' though decibel wise I guess... Very nice piece!


KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
kj_cinci is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
competition orange MP2005 4.6L Talk 10 02-04-2011 07:25 PM
Mahoning County Mustang Club? Storkdork East Central 0 08-19-2005 04:31 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1