Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   2005-2010 Mustang Talk (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-talk/)
-   -   bra for 05 mustang convertible (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-talk/40323-bra-05-mustang-convertible.html)

clubt 04-13-2005 06:34 PM

bra for 05 mustang convertible

Anybody know of a good bra to use for new stang vert. Mine is white and eating up the bugs...... Thanks

PWCK 04-13-2005 06:47 PM

Bought mine from ford acc. perfect fit

sonny1213 04-13-2005 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clubt
Anybody know of a good bra to use for new stang vert. Mine is white and eating up the bugs...... Thanks

I went w/ a bug shield/deflector. It fits on the hood lip and is smoke colored. I see your in Avon. I hit Costco a few times a month coming from the cape.

LeonSORTX 04-14-2005 03:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by clubt

Yeah take a look at my bra...... I just put it on for long trips and such..... dont keep it on everyday....it'll ruin the paint!!

Ya get the bra from Ford ....perfect fit!!

tw0scoops123 04-14-2005 09:32 AM

Hate the way those things make cars look...if a few bigs get on the fender....scrub harder:hihi:

gttogo 04-14-2005 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw0scoops123
Hate the way those things make cars look...if a few bigs get on the fender....scrub harder:hihi:

I hate the way the traditional ones looked too, so I opted for the Paint Protection Film on mine. First heard about it on a thread a couple of months back (Feb?) and started researching it.

So far, I'm very pleased. I used an Xpel dealer (3M Scotchguard brand), Clearfront Automotive Paint Protection, in Dothan, AL. They have a trained installer; you can buy the packages from Xpel directly, but as I witnessed, they can be a bear to install. It can be a bit pricey (700 or more) and will vary from dealer to dealer, and with how much of the package you purchase, but they gave me a great deal and great service.

As they told me, its not for everyone; some people just can't get past the faint line they see of the film, but for me the ease of washing off bugs just can't be beat, plus the protection from rocks and other debris.

The dealer showed me the film on both of her vehicles (Ford Expedition and Mercedes sports coupe) and I thought it looked great.

You can get more info from the Xpel site (xpel.com), plus locate dealers.