What kind of exhaust - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005 Thread Starter

What kind of exhaust

What would be the difference as far as power between a cat-back exhaust and an axle-back with long-tube headers and a catted x-pipe.

thanx

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005
S197 Member

The dealer I'm getting our GT vert from has installed a Corsa axle back system on his personal vert and it does sound so sweet! Corsa said dyno results provide 13 Hp and 9 lbs torque. Corsa makes a beautiful system, they make a lot for the late model Corvettes.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

No diff between cat and axle backs.

Corsa make a great product but +10 RWHP from mufflers only? That is (was till now) unheard off! Not true is my blunt statement. I think (they like most others) bolted it on a stock car, tuned it and then messured. You'll get the same gain (or very very close) with the stock mufflers still on from the tune only! I've seen 17 RWHP from a tune only!

I went on what I'd heard and seen and would have gone with a catted X and the rest stock for now if I known better...

I deffinately had a messurable TQ gain with the X and MACs, probably a few HPs too, and the sound, the sound, yeah the sound is awesome!! I currently have a bad droan at hard work; up hill, accelerating in high gear (SC uphill in 5th etc.), mostly just under 2000 RPM... They say that will get better when I get some miles on it and some 'insulation' (from usage) on the inside...??

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page