Eibach has stopped production of their springs! - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005 Thread Starter
S197 Member
 
colorado stang's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 84
 
Eibach has stopped production of their springs!

I spoke with my performance shop today and inquired about getting some Eibach Sport Springs installed. He called me back and said that they have stopped production of them. He was told that they are having some problems with them and are re-looking at their design for the 05 Mustang.

colorado stang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005
 
torchred05's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 16
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado stang
I spoke with my performance shop today and inquired about getting some Eibach Sport Springs installed. He called me back and said that they have stopped production of them. He was told that they are having some problems with them and are re-looking at their design for the 05 Mustang.
Pete - You have got to be F'n kidding me dude!! What about the Pro-Kit did they say anything about that??

torchred05 is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005
 
mdprice's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 28
 
Between Eibach and Ford stopping / slowing production of Mustangs and parts, you would think that no one wants this stuff. In an up and down auto market you would think that a large company can better respond to the consumer market. If they don't,someone else will !!! Hello Japan.
mdprice is offline  
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005
 
torchred05's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 16
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdprice
Between Eibach and Ford stopping / slowing production of Mustangs and parts, you would think that no one wants this stuff. In an up and down auto market you would think that a large company can better respond to the consumer market. If they don't,someone else will !!! Hello Japan.
Exactly md price! I AGREE!! WTF I don't get it...
torchred05 is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005
Banned
 
Twister's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 4,479
 
look at H&R Springs, a much better part than Eibach
Twister is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005 Thread Starter
S197 Member
 
colorado stang's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 84
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by torchred05
Pete - You have got to be F'n kidding me dude!! What about the Pro-Kit did they say anything about that??
All I can tell you is what the guys at my shop told me. They order directly from the manufacturers and don't use 3rd parties. The guys at Eibach told them that they are not shipping any more at this time to their dealers.

I did go out and do a search on the web and found some places that were still advertising both the sport and pro kits. I didn't contact any of them to see if they were available.

I'm thinking about going with the Steeda's, but they only drop the stance of the car 1" versus 1.5-2" with the Eibach's. The Steeda Q looks pretty good though.

Anyone on the site have Eibach's installed and have any problems with them?
colorado stang is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005
 
Tbteam's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 64
 
I had mine installed in January to replace the poorly designed Steedas.

they work great!
Tbteam is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005
 
Elinoar's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 72
 
i have the sportlines and i love them, but now you are all makeing me want to go out there and inspect them!
Elinoar is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005
 
Gator13's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 21
 
Talked to Mark at http://www.LightningForcePerformance.com/ today, and he has Eibach lowering kits for $259, not sure what kit it is.
Gator13 is offline  
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member
 
Glen's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: San Diego County
Posts: 911
 
If Eibach has stopped making them, it is because people are having problems, so why would you want them. If you find a set of Eibach's, would you really want to install them?

Eibach made a good spring normally, but they are not the only player. Eibach I am pretty sure makes both Steeda's and Ford springs. I have heard other members on this forum mention Steeda has had some problems as well. It relates around the steering geometry.

I would check out H&R or Maximum Motorsports. Both equal or better quality then Eibach. Not sure if they make them for the 05 or not.

BTW......this is not unique to the 2005 Mustang. Everytime Ford put a new Mustang out, we go through this. I wouldn't get to upset about parts for the 2005 until the end of the year at best. Around this time in 2006, you will have plenty of parts. Trust me, no one is going to ignore the Mustang market. :nogrinner

-2007 Roush Nitemare Stage 3 Supercharged #48 of 100
Glen is offline  
PONY Member
S197 Member
 
HeiMa's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: The OC
Posts: 914
 
This is exactly why I have held off on any mods (except I will change the wheels soon) just because I want to wait for the companies to fix all their problems and also wait for a better, and perhaps even less expensive selection once all the rush has died down. I hope to be keeping this car for a long time, I can turn it from the beauty to the beast in my own sweet time.

I'm still having too much fun driving it as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen
If Eibach has stopped making them, it is because people are having problems, so why would you want them. If you find a set of Eibach's, would you really want to install them?

Eibach made a good spring normally, but they are not the only player. Eibach I am pretty sure makes both Steeda's and Ford springs. I have heard other members on this forum mention Steeda has had some problems as well. It relates around the steering geometry.

I would check out H&R or Maximum Motorsports. Both equal or better quality then Eibach. Not sure if they make them for the 05 or not.

BTW......this is not unique to the 2005 Mustang. Everytime Ford put a new Mustang out, we go through this. I wouldn't get to upset about parts for the 2005 until the end of the year at best. Around this time in 2006, you will have plenty of parts. Trust me, no one is going to ignore the Mustang market. :nogrinner

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

2012 Shelby GT500, Black on black
HeiMa is offline  
S197 Member
 
nonsensez9's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 622
 
where to get springs that would raise the back end about an inch?
nonsensez9 is offline  
S197 Member
 
wldchic's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 237
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsensez9
where to get springs that would raise the back end about an inch?
MEXICO.............
wldchic is offline  
Apprentice
 
wsd42's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Madison/Huntsville
Posts: 222
 
EXACTLY........But why not just go with a 6-8 inch lift kit with some really big tires......Bigfoot Junior!!!!!!

Joking aside....If you do raise the rear any amount you will be putting more stress on the front end. It will screw up your steering geometry by doing this for the long haul. These cars can fit some pretty big tires and wheels stock even lowered. Once again...WHY???????????

"Safety Fast"

2008 Bullitt, #0546, Black
2005 GT Coupe, Performance White
wsd42 is offline  
PONY Member
S197 Member
 
subzero05's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Simi Valley
Posts: 333
 
I have the pro kit and love it..no issues whatsoever.H&r springs are good also but THEY too had some problems with their 05 kit!

subzero05 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Eibach Springs??? HELP....... wldchic 2005-2010 Mustang GT Tech 22 04-30-2005 11:11 PM
Wondering about the Eibach 1.5 and 2.0 springs frshV6foyoASS V6 Tech 5 02-22-2005 02:22 PM
Eibach springs or another brand? hnhssoccerplaya 5.0L Tech 11 12-01-2004 10:35 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1