Purchasing my car experience - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005 Thread Starter
BAM

Purchasing my car experience

Well let me first say i love my car. I bought the V6 Mineral Grey model and its terrific. HOWEVER... This is what happend while buying car.

Saturday March 19, went to dealership, test drove a car, didnt like the color, they said they could get me the car i wanted the next day no problem. Filled out paperwork finance says my interest rate was 5.9. I traded in a 2000 honda civic, loan pay off was 4k negative more than value of car, i put down 700.00 dealership said they would hold check til 5-19. We were purchase the Premium package witht he stripe and spoiler, power seats, shaker 1000, rims with the spinning thing on them, upgraded intereior etc.

Sunday, no car, no call from dealership, called 3 times finally someone told us impossible to get a car on sunday because business offices not open.

Monday, no call, we called left 2 messages, someone called around 5pm says they will try to get the car we wanted the next day.

Tuesday, no call, we called around 130 pm, made a stink, let them know we werent happy we were being ignored and wanted the car we had puchased. Around 300pm was told they would have the car for us that evening around 6pm. We arrived at dealership had to sign some additional paperwork, but couldnt because the dealerships computers were down. The finance guy said that he shopped the loan and that the rate was going to be a bit higher than quoted but wouldnt be all that much. He saidit would be about $20 more than he quoted prior. We were given the keys to the car, it was pouring rain, so i guess they didnt want to go over any specifics of the car. On the way home I realized this was not the car we were supposed to be driving. The seats were not power, and the shaker was a 500 not a 1000. When i pulled into the driveway i got out and the rims were the wrong ones as well. And worst of all there was a scratch on the bumper and some paint was rubbed off, a bit smaller than a dime, but on a brand new car this was a big deal.

Wednesday, we drove to dealership, had to get off early and drive there for the second time in a week. We got there and the finance guy sais that the loan rate is 11.99!!!!!!!!!! What the hell?? Well the first thing i start out saying is, wait a minute, the car taht i drove home alst night is not the car that i watned to buy. I looked at the brochure and realized i had the deluxe model, not the supreme. The sales guy and girl that i worked with were not there, and some other guy said, well the sticker is in the glove box i'll go get it. He came back and said, well all the option match the sticker and the finance guy said, yep its the right car.... I interjected and said no, its not.... you got this car from another lot, i wasnt going by a sticker, i was going by the options i told you i wanted. The finance guy went into this long drawn out storey about how he had to call in a personal favor at the bank i financed at to get the loan approved. He said that the loan was at 140% and that its nearly impossible to finance that much money. He took $800 off the vehicle price and i reluctantly signed the new loan paperwork. Part of the deal though was that he would get the rims swapped out for me, and they would talk to the service deparment and get the scratched fixed. I could live with not having power seats or the shaker 1000, i did get the 500 and it seems fine.

The next day, the 4 week postdated check clears my bank 3 weeks early. I call dealership and they say oops sorry.

A week later... Arcadia National bank calls and says that we lied on our credit application.... Says they verified the income and it was 1300 less than what was on the application they dealership sent over. I got the amounts, and yes it was wrong. i called the finance manager at the dealership and they said that "someone" had made a mistake and the paperwork was someone messed up, and they put down we made more than we did.

Two days later the finance manager calls and says that the loan cant get approved unless they drop the value of the car more. We end up getting a call at 8pm and go to the dealership. Here is what we ended up getting. Sticker on car was 22,300, my trade booked at 8200, payoff was 1400, on paper they gave us 1325 for my trade, and sold us the car for 18000. amount financed came out to 25825, but pymnt was 507 a month with 11.99% interest. We are refying it now and will be down to 8%.

As of today, multiple messages left to get the right rims, no one will talk to me about it. The service department says i will have to pay to get the scratch fixed and painted. GMAC called on my trade in and says my payment is late, i said i traded the car and they said the dealership called on march 20th for a payoff but has not sent them a check. I called the dealership and they said they are looking into it. Then response today siad they mailed a payment, but not the pay off, they will pay off sometime next month.

Obviously i will never go to this dealership again. Im gonna have to pay for the scratch to be removed next month and im not happy about it. I got the customer satisfaction form from ford, i did it online, and havent heard anything back. I guess they want to know what you think, but then dont really care about you after that.

I do love the car though, its beautiful.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005
Rookie

That's really extreme, you really need to push this problem with the Ford Regional Rep. There's is no way that anyone should go through what you did. In my opinion no car is worth going through all of that. That car would still be with the dealer if it was me. I'm sorry they did you that way. I'm sure others will comment on this and it won't be pretty.

05 Mustang GT Coupe Premium
Black / Red Leather Int
IUP
active alarm
Shaker 1000
Chrome Bullits (not) went with stock Bullits, the chrome was to much "bling" for me
Order Mid- Jan
Build date 3/14 Completed 3/22
3/28 arrived in Kansas, set to arrive in Mira Loma CA. on the 31st oops!! 4/1
GOT IT ON 4/5
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005 Thread Starter
BAM

oops, one thing i made a mistake on.. the final trade in $ they gave me was 13,250 not 1325, that was a typo. Any ideas if there is anything i can do to get the front bumper scratch fixed, or the rims i was promised?

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005
Apprentice

Exclamation Complaint

Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center
P.O.Box 6248
Dearborn, Michigan 48126
1-800-392-3673(FORD)
TDD for the hearing impaired:1-800-232-5952
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM local time

you should have a lower loan rate...I got 4.25%
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005
S197 Member

Man, your first mistake was signing paper work relating to the wrong car and driving off with the wrong car in the first place, and not getting EVERYTHING IN WRITING up front. It blows my mind why people go buy new cars without anything in writing prior to taking delivery, just "well the salesman or finance guy said this or that". You shouldn't have to put up with this BS. Can you contact the Better Business Bureau?
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005
S197 Member

Wow...I couldn't believe it went on and on.

Maybe I missed it but why don't you let the other members know which dealership it was...and city? I'm sure the AFM members would like to know.

And it looks like they tried to commit bank fraud when they "mistakenly" placed a higher amount for income than what you said on the loan application. They were obviously trying to get the loan approved so they could get your money...they didn't care how they did it.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005

BAM, One thing I think is very important is to take delivery during the day. It allows you to carefully examine the car for what it should be, not what they give you. Scratches, options not there, wheels, tires etc need to be verified before I sign anything. I knew of a guy who was given used tires on a new car, the same with alloy wheels. There are mostly good dealers but there are alot of scumbags in the car business and if you get one its tough. Employees will lie for each other and lo and behold you wind up paying for stuff you shouldn't. Daylight makes a big difference. A call to the local Better Business Bureau doesn't hurt. Ford will come down hard on these guys and I wouldn't be srprised if you got some satisfaction before you're done. Look at Arggh need my car can't get it post and see Krazzykats post. He also ran into a bad dealer. Hope for the best and let us know what happens.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005 Thread Starter
BAM

The dealership was Vacaville Ford, in vacaville Ca.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005
Rookie

Hmmmm, That's where the prison is located. Good, they won't have a long drive to get home.

05 Mustang GT Coupe Premium
Black / Red Leather Int
IUP
active alarm
Shaker 1000
Chrome Bullits (not) went with stock Bullits, the chrome was to much "bling" for me
Order Mid- Jan
Build date 3/14 Completed 3/22
3/28 arrived in Kansas, set to arrive in Mira Loma CA. on the 31st oops!! 4/1
GOT IT ON 4/5
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005 Thread Starter
BAM

i just filed a complaint and the woman only thanked me for my input and said they will forward the info to the dealership??? damnit, i dont want anything to do with them.

BAM,

On top of letting Ford know about what you went through, and possibly the BBB. You should also contact your local TV station and inform them of what you went through. They certainly deserve bad press for what they did.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-28-2005 Thread Starter
BAM

less than half a mile from it, on same street....

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdog
Hmmmm, That's where the prison is located. Good, they won't have a long drive to get home.

Your story really makes me thankful for the local dealerships I have dealt with here in middle tennessee. I have the car you purchased (less the IUP). it's a Mineral Grey premium package. I did not care for the stripe and removed it. I REALLY like the look of the car w/out it. Good luck w/ refinance. I did the same thing and got it down to 4.0%
Jim
4.6L Member

Wow That was alot to go through, sorry to hear but chin up you got your car.

I also had a few minor problems compared to you i mean minor.
check it out
# 1 the driver window had a scratch no big deal they are getting me a new window installed.
#2 Small scratch on right front bumber i can probably wet sand It myself.
i used to detail cars another no big deal.
#3 Small scratch on int plastic in rear.

I was really excited to get the car and it never goes perfect
and was very impressed on my trade in value.
plus they said there was nothing they could do about the two scratches
the sales guy just shrugged. They are very minor to me anyway. I look at it this way the int should not be made of that plastic and it is definitly going to get scratched even from your ring or keys by accident. so i know it's new and shouldn't be that way, but i wasn't going to let them paint my bumper. and the int scratch they would of had to take the whole int apart and damage somthing else . The panel that was scratched was the rear side, like from getting in the back seat from your shoe.
Again the int is made of plastic it's without adoubt gonna srcatch.
Nothing compared to what you went through but it didn't go perfect.
I think it hardly does,also dependes on how picky you are too.
And i'm pretty dam picky. but i wasn't going to let that stop me from getting my car after waiting since nov/23 my car still didn't come in
this is the one i found locally and it was in the back lot not even with the plastic off it yet and i noticed the scrathes were there when i first looked at it so i knew the bumper and the int scratch was there and might not come out! Thanks for listening the point is we all went through some type of dissapointing ordeal just the wait alone!
BOSS Member
S197 Member

How did you not notice the wrong rims where installed?

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page