Finally Lowered My Baby - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s197fordgt View Post
Have you noticed any unwanted noise? How are shocks holding up? Did you have to get an alignment? Sorry just curious, I'm ordering springs and a panhard bar tuesday. I have bigger wheels so you definitely notice the rearend is off. Even now and the car is not even lowered.
Only thing was, when we took off the passenger front strut, this black ring thing popped off from the strut mount. We put it back up in there when the strut and spring went it, but it clicks when I turn the steering wheel. Not a big deal. Nothing is going anywhere and I've felt no side effects.

No alignment either. We basically took everything a part up front and put it all back together. Everything was solid. My alignment was a tad bit off beforehand and it feels the same still. I hope to get 19" rims in the future, but will most likely get the other suspension mods done first (shocks, panhard, etc) over time.

Oh and thanks everyone else for the "likes".

2019 GT - Velocity Blue with Black Accent Package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
S197 Member

19"wheels have higher tire prices than 20s or 18s. That's why I went with 20s

Cherry, 05 mustang gt Black, w/red leather, AUTO
RZ pro speed 20" concave wheels
Sct tuner w/Brenspeed 93,89 and 87.
Jlt cold air intake, Mac prochamber with slp loudmouths, Drop zone lowering springs and a stallion on car adjustable panhard bar.
Ran a best of 13.343 @ 102.70, 60' 2.053. (On street tires)
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s197fordgt View Post
19"wheels have higher tire prices than 20s or 18s. That's why I went with 20s
Wow, really? Weird. I wanted to go with the AMR 20" Nitto555 staggered package, but figured that would be a pretty harsh ride. Might be worth the risk though.

2019 GT - Velocity Blue with Black Accent Package

SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkinsbball View Post
Nah, just the springs. I have like $1k other mods on my list for the suspension. Just gotta wait for the cash to flow through. :T
I feel ya. That's how I did my suspension too... a little at a time.

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
PONY Member
S197 Member

I'm waiting for my springs and panhard bar to get here next week. Can't wait! 11/2 up front and 2 in the back.

Jlt cold air intake, Mac prochamber with slp loudmouths, Drop zone lowering springs and a stallion on car adjustable panhard bar.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkinsbball View Post
Wow, really? Weird. I wanted to go with the AMR 20" Nitto555 staggered package, but figured that would be a pretty harsh ride. Might be worth the risk though.
I'm very happy with 20's they don't feel much different from the 19's but they sure grip better.

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Looks sweet!!! Did you install new camber plates? I used J&M's on mine with Eibach Sportline springs and and Tokico gas charged shocks front and rear...handles pretty damn good! Also installed new swaybar PU sway bar bushings and drakes adjustable Sway bar end links, GT500 LCA's which come with heavier duty/higher durometer/ larger big end rubber bushings and heavy duty ball joints. Had some inner/outer tie rod play and changed both sides; with inner/outer GT500 tie rods.

Handling is much better, all front end noise is practically gone! Still has some suspension noise, in middle/to back of car. Checked rear diff upper control arm bushings, which are totally shot allowing for metal to metal contact. Ordered a new adjustable UCA and the upper diif bushing and replacing everything with polyurethane bushings and then use the adjustable rear UCA to dial in my driveline angle to get rid of some high speed driveline vibration.....combo should address the noise, put rear suspension back into spec and getting pinion angle back into spec should get rid of my high speed vibration......Rear UCA looks like a pain to change Upper UCA, but should be able to handle it...can't wait to get it installed with out to much problem....Thanks to AZ_Ryan for some useful tips!!! Using the proper PU grease to install all new bushings as directed by installation direction's....

With these springs, don't install without J&M or other quality Camber (caster) plates. installing the Sportllines will seriously affect camber as well as toe adjustments. If you don't install these you can eat a set of front (expensive tires at that) in no time...spend the 200 bucks or so for the camber plates. I have performed alignment work in a past life, I pulled the J&M's all the way out towards the outside of the fender and got my camber into the -1 range or so. You will need to adjust toe as well...I set mine about 1/32nd, toe in, initially and monitored front tire wear religiously with a depth gauge have acceptable front tire wear. Also look for any issues with rear suspension problems due to the panhard bar adjustment, which will likely change. To check raise and support the rear axle with stands and then stand back and look at tire/wheel relationship. You should have equal protrusion of the rear tires relative to their position with in the fender wells. Adjustable PH bars will bring this adjustment into spec....(not recommended but I read a post hear where some one accidently adjusted their PH bar with a floor jack in the dark and accidently jacked it up against the panhard bar.....using the same technique I got this to work until I can afford an adjustable unit----not recommended-buy an adjustable unit and take it from there)..........nuff of my talk...good luck, you will not be disappointed!!!

There is no such thing as to much horespower..!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page