Have "05 Ordered '06 Shaker Question. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Have "05 Ordered '06 Shaker Question.

I have an automatic, '05 GT Premium with Shaker 1000.

Yesterday I ordered a '06 Stick GT Premium with the Shaker 500 because I did not want to pay $1295 AGAIN for the system. I am thinking that I could swap the head units out and then pull/swap the trunk amps and speaker box. I am thinking that it is just a matter of plugging into the harness for the swap. Has anyone else done this? Can anyone tell me if I am on the right track?

I have the C/L air kit and Diablo Programmer installed on this car. No other mods. I will do a lot to the '06. I have an extra Powerdyne head and a few brackets since I went to a 427 cid, Paxton Novi in my Durango. I will put the Powerdyne in the '06. I run the Federal Mogal FAST system in the D.

I am a motor head and built several Pro-Street cars. This is my first post. I have had a lot of the early Mustangs. I have built almost everything I have owned to the hilt.

I am proud to be driving the Stangs again! Thank you for the forum, and the expected help.

Russ

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005

Thats a good possibility, because ford likes to build there wire harnesses to accommodate all options, If someone has a 500 and offers to access the right rear quarter trim and there is a connector there, for the amp then I would say yes.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gig4Fun

Yesterday I ordered a '06 Stick GT Premium with the Shaker 500 because I did not want to pay $1295 AGAIN for the system. I am thinking that I could swap the head units out and then pull/swap the trunk amps and speaker box. I am thinking that it is just a matter of plugging into the harness for the swap. Has anyone else done this? Can anyone tell me if I am on the right track?
Is the only difference between the Shaker 500 and the 1000 the trunk amps and the trunk subwoofers, or are all the amps in the system higher-powered?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005 Thread Starter
S197 Member

I was told...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty1
Is the only difference between the Shaker 500 and the 1000 the trunk amps and the trunk subwoofers, or are all the amps in the system higher-powered?
I've had been told by the dealer that the rear sub box/amps was another 500 watts. So I considered the two head units the same other than the writing on the face plate.

I asked my dealer to order me another face plate (through parts) and he said it was not a servicable piece. So I planned to swap out the 500/1000 for only the writing on them.

Still waiting to hear for sure from someone that is "in the know".

Russ
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gig4Fun

I have the C/L air kit and Diablo Programmer installed on this car. No other mods. I will do a lot to the '06. I have an extra Powerdyne head and a few brackets since I went to a 427 cid, Paxton Novi in my Durango. I will put the Powerdyne in the '06. I run the Federal Mogal FAST system in the D.

I am a motor head and built several Pro-Street cars. This is my first post. I have had a lot of the early Mustangs. I have built almost everything I have owned to the hilt.

I am proud to be driving the Stangs again! Thank you for the forum, and the expected help.

Russ
Have you installed the Powerdyne in the 06 yet? Have you had any problems with the unit? Have an 06 and want to order the Powerdyne unit for some added power for a daily driver. Not into drag just want a little more when I feeling like gasing it.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay-dog
Have you installed the Powerdyne in the 06 yet? Have you had any problems with the unit? Have an 06 and want to order the Powerdyne unit for some added power for a daily driver. Not into drag just want a little more when I feeling like gasing it.
WOW, you used the search feature didn't you!!! That was my first post! I still have that Powerdyne head but I have gone a long ways with the 'o6 (I kept the '05 GT too.) I also changed my order to the Shaker 1000 in it too.

I wasn't able to use the Powerdyne because it has the wrong direction to everything on it. I plan to build a strong forged block and then put a Saleen or Whipple twin screw in it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page