Ford Mustang Forum banner

Just finished my ducktail!!!

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  jaypers 
#1 ·
Had some help with it from some friends. Ordered it from CDC and installed it. Very hard to drill into my baby, but when it was done, it looked sweet!
The tail without the third brake light looks MUCH cleaner!
It took us about 8 hours to complete, but it was done correctly. We had some issues with getting the 1/2 inch drill bit from the underside of the trunk, but manages to dremel it out.

You can see some pics here:
www.crunk.org/stang/default.htm

Let me know what you think.

#8 ·
Looks good and you are right, without the third breaklight it does look clean. Are you installing a light in the window intead?

#13 ·
Thanks!

I got it from CDC, and it was prepainted, which made purchasing it a LOT easier! Luckily I have some friends who are EXTREMELY particular when it comes to cars, so I had them help on the install.

Here is the link for the part. I think mine was 399.99 painted. The paint job looked great, matched the car perfectly! I was pleased at how well it turned out...not too much, not to little.

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/catalog/itemdisplay/648.html

I didn't get the stock spoiler on mine, so it was pretty easy install. But I love it! I haven't seen another one in the Dallas-Fort Worth area !!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.