Supercharger- decision time - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

With my old Magnuson kit(MP112) car doesn't make any boost unless I bring it up over 2000rpm. Also I like the internal blow off valve and I'm happy my car doesn't whistle. Nobody even knows I have a supercharger until I let it rip. This is my numbers with stock cams and exhaust manifolds with factory cats.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	334644_293607040664258_100000448938231_1084609_1706525693_o.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	278.2 KB
ID:	239801  

Way too much to list. I'm broke because of it. Tuned by Blue Collar Performance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

2 very different applications but both very good points. I think I'm more worried about having to replace things from breakage. I don't want it to be like a snowmobile where you ride it one day and fix it for three. Hence why I was at first leaning to the Paxton kit. But the instant raw power from the roush has me thinking ...again.

GT E UPP - you got me! I am opening up the gates to mod hell. Good thing I have a supportive wife.

Rob

2005 HP White GT - Auto - Red Leather Interior -Shaker 1000 - FR-500-S Axle Backs -Roush TVS 2300 Supercharged - GT500 Fuel pumps, GT500 TB, Aeroforce Dual Gauges, Performance Automatic 5r55S with hardened input shaft, PA 3000 Stall Converter , Dynotech one piece aluminum D/S, Roush Brakes,
FR3 Handling Pack and CHE LCA's and relocation brackets.
462 RWHP 443TQ
post #18 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

That car must be an absolute rocket.

2005 HP White GT - Auto - Red Leather Interior -Shaker 1000 - FR-500-S Axle Backs -Roush TVS 2300 Supercharged - GT500 Fuel pumps, GT500 TB, Aeroforce Dual Gauges, Performance Automatic 5r55S with hardened input shaft, PA 3000 Stall Converter , Dynotech one piece aluminum D/S, Roush Brakes,
462 RWHP 443TQ

GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEWBIU View Post
With my old Magnuson kit(MP112) car doesn't make any boost unless I bring it up over 2000rpm. Also I like the internal blow off valve and I'm happy my car doesn't whistle. Nobody even knows I have a supercharger until I let it rip. This is my numbers with stock cams and exhaust manifolds with factory cats.
I'm over 2,000 rpms on the highway...

I like the whistle. What I like more is the whoosh once it is dark and quiet out...

End of the day its really a personal preference I think because regardless what you go with it will move the car along...

Matt

2006 GT - Vortech polished w/ intercooler, Eibach suspension, Hurst short-throw, some other goodies - tuned by Paul's High Performance. It moves...

and it collects dust admirably while parked for repairs in the garage...

SOLD - 1995 Black Mustang GT, AODE. Loved it, but I had to let it go...

mjmalegalsolutions.com
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleymad95GT View Post
I'm over 2,000 rpms on the highway...

I like the whistle. What I like more is the whoosh once it is dark and quiet out...

End of the day its really a personal preference I think because regardless what you go with it will move the car along...
You're right about the personal preference part. I should of said during hard load above 2000 rpm it gets into boost but that depends on the throttle. With my 3.55 gear and TR-6060 trans at 80mph I'm at 1750rpm.

Way too much to list. I'm broke because of it. Tuned by Blue Collar Performance.
post #21 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Here's a new development. My wife asked me a what if scenario. She said why don't you keep the car the way it is for the next few years, continue to save up, then buy into a GT500 or Boss 302. Interesting scenario. This has me thinking again. I have mainly focused on cosmetics for my present car and consider it 98% done, cosmetically. There is always room for something else I get that. But power wise I would like to have more. A supercharger would fix this issue. If I upgrade to a different car, then I would have to start over. If I supercharge it, the car is done.(don't flame me, I know its never really done, but for the sake of my wifes sanity it is)
Thoughts suggestions etc. I could really use some input.

Rob

462 RWHP 443TQ
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robs1stStang View Post
Here's a new development. My wife asked me a what if scenario. She said why don't you keep the car the way it is for the next few years, continue to save up, then buy into a GT500 or Boss 302. Interesting scenario. This has me thinking again. I have mainly focused on cosmetics for my present car and consider it 98% done, cosmetically. There is always room for something else I get that. But power wise I would like to have more. A supercharger would fix this issue. If I upgrade to a different car, then I would have to start over. If I supercharge it, the car is done.(don't flame me, I know its never really done, but for the sake of my wifes sanity it is)

Rob
Well...........Five years from now maybe you could or maybe you couldn't buy into a GT500 (that doesn't have the cosmetic mods you like) or a Boss 302 (that you'll want to supercharge anyway).

I say "maybe you could or maybe you couldn't" because five years equals 1,825 chances for a rainy day to completely take that thought process and that money and redirect it somewhere else.

Ask yourself this, "In the next five years is it conceivable that we might have a child, or more children, or decide we want a different house, or instead of buying the GT500 this year maybe we should redo the deck and the landscaping?" Take your pick man.

If your passion is your own Mustang GT that you've built and grown with over time...then you're on your way. Supercharge that bad boy and be proud of it. If your passion is a GT500 or a Boss 302 then those are great passions to have, but you're wasting time and money messing with a GT that will never be either of those things. If that's the case then sell/trade your '05 GT and the use the cash you had set aside for the supercharger and go find your GT500 or Boss 302 passion.

No one can tell you what will make you happy and I sure wouldn't dream of trying. I wish you the best of luck, peace of mind and loving support from home regardless of what you decide to do.

Justin
Columbus, OH
'07 GT auto, Stage 3 Saleen Series VI blower @9.5lbs boost. LTs, MAC Boom Tubes, 1pc Driveshaft, Eaton posi.
Brenspeed Installed and Brenspeed Tuned
Best 1/4 mile is 11.42 @ 119. Driven Daily
post #23 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Very well said.

462 RWHP 443TQ
post #24 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

date is tentatively booked July 17th my car will be supercharged.
Can't wait.

462 RWHP 443TQ
PONY Member

You'll always be upgrading

Most people on these Mustang sites will always be upgrading.
I have gone from a 2006 V6 to a GT in 1.5 years...now to a SC GT in 2 years...

I test drove the 5.0 and decided to stay with the 08....maybe good...maybe bad...

But If I had went with the 5.0, there would still be upgrades. So more money out of my pocket. There will always be the new shiny toy to buy. Keeping the GT kept my cost lower. I would still love the new style and the 5.0 power.....but what would have been next...

Oh...the 2015

and here we go again, and again, and again

Quote:

Rob

2008 GT Premium, MagnaCharger TVS 1900, Brembo Brakes, Whiteline Watts Link, Koni Yellows, Steeda Sport Springs,
J&M Extreme LCA, BMR Relo Brackets, FR500S Axlebacks, TCI Shifter
post #26 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-29-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Yes I agree, we can chase the rainbow forever. That's why I've decided to keep the 05, and supercharge it. I figure I will keep it for a long time. I don't have an overwhelming urge to get a GT500 or Boss302. I'm happy with what I have. As far as I know there were only 512 made. More incentive to keep it.

Rob

462 RWHP 443TQ
Rookie

Quote:
Yes I agree, we can chase the rainbow forever. That's why I've decided to keep the 05, and supercharge it. I figure I will keep it for a long time. I don't have an overwhelming urge to get a GT500 or Boss302. I'm happy with what I have. As far as I know there were only 512 made. More incentive to keep it.

Rob
I just watched a Speed program on the new F-series Jaguar today. The Jag is a 495 HP vert with some nice tech features - it almost sounds and looks as good as my 2008 GT vert. LOL. But seriously, these Mustangs are fun to drive! And I am constantly getting kudos from friends, neighbors, and even strangers in fancier cars driving down the road!

I've upgraded my suspension, brakes, and CAI. This month I'm upgrading tires and chassis stiffness. I'm trying to keep everything in balance as I bump up the performance. This fall I'll be struggling with the same question though: centri or PD SC. I have a manual with 4.1 gears that I use as a DD. My current plan is non-intercooled centri for +150, but more suggestions or messages on this choice appreciated.

Anyway, glad to hear you're happy with your '05. Enjoy!
post #28 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I'll let you know how the roush tvs works out.

462 RWHP 443TQ
Apprentice

Quote:

Rob
Hey man, I'm happy for you that you've come to a decision with which you are comfortable.

Now that you've made the decision, let me tell you about a place here in Columbus, OH called Easton Town Center. It's an expansive outdoor, high end mall. It's full of Columbus, OH money and you can cut the pretense in the air with a knife.

It's also where on any given Friday or Saturday night from late Spring through early Autumn you can see Ferraris, Lambos, and an exponentially larger number of Porsches and Corvettes all parked in conspicuously plane sight and doing their slow cruise around the tiny, cobblestone, roads.

I wanted to paint the picture for you because in my 07' Mustang GT I can cruise right along with them and get just as many thumbs up and "Nice Car" hoots from the sidewalk traffic and the other drivers.

The Ferrari and Porsche guys are usually really cool. The Lambo and Corvette guys are usually too cool to talk to anyone but each other. But there has never been a time that I fired the Mustang up and heads didn't turn to see what it was.

Once I added the Detroit Rocker cams.... it only got better.

My point is simply to have fun with your car. When you love it, others will often times love it too and if they don't..... screw 'em. It's not their car anyway!

Justin
Columbus, OH
'07 GT auto, Stage 3 Saleen Series VI blower @9.5lbs boost. LTs, MAC Boom Tubes, 1pc Driveshaft, Eaton posi.
Brenspeed Installed and Brenspeed Tuned
Best 1/4 mile is 11.42 @ 119. Driven Daily
SHELBY GT 350 Member

There's no right or wrong answer between the two blowers. I'm sure you'll be happy with the TVS. My suggestion is to make sure your suspension & tires are up to snuff, because that TVS will make a ton of torque!

UPR's 3V GT runs 9.90s in the quarter mile on a Roush TVS with UPR suspension and drag radials.

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page