Supercharger- decision time - Page 6 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

More Reason

Very Nice Ride I'm in the same boat. It has been a harsh Winter here in Southern Ohio.
I would say off the average for sure for our area.
Nice car I still say it's a keeper.

T Wayne

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-19-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

After all that work and $$ put into it, she's a keeper, Hell it's only got 45K miles. just broken in.

2005 HP White GT - Auto - Red Leather Interior -Shaker 1000 - FR-500-S Axle Backs -Roush TVS 2300 Supercharged - GT500 Fuel pumps, GT500 TB, Aeroforce Dual Gauges, Performance Automatic 5r55S with hardened input shaft, PA 3000 Stall Converter , Dynotech one piece aluminum D/S, Roush Brakes,
FR3 Handling Pack and CHE LCA's and relocation brackets.
462 RWHP 443TQ
PONY Member

Spring is coming and so is the 50 year celebration in Charlotte, should be a nice start to 2014.

Hope your lovin the power. Like they say, it never gets old

Will install the TCI shifter this coming week hopefully. Got a killer deal on Brembo, which hopefully will be on by March, have to find the right wheels.

2008 GT Premium, MagnaCharger TVS 1900, Brembo Brakes, Whiteline Watts Link, Koni Yellows, Steeda Sport Springs,
J&M Extreme LCA, BMR Relo Brackets, FR500S Axlebacks, TCI Shifter

MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBert View Post
wait, supercharger actuallly INCREASED gas mileage?

that's just the info that I need to finalize my cost justification for my TVS, sign me up!

half kidding . . . this sounds too good to be true . . . keep us posted!
LOL - yeah, in Bizarro world...

Normally your car isn't going to be in boost when you're driving steady-state on the highway. All the supercharger is doing is coming along for the ride and adding some drag. Best case scenario is you get close to what you were getting before you supercharged it. Don't know about the Roush but the eforce marketing bullet point: "...integrated bypass valve helps eliminate parasitic loss under light throttle for improved mileage potential...". An attempt to remove the blower as much out of the equation as possible so it doesn't hurt mpg too much (not improve it) ....

I'm thinking its more rose color glasses, which is a good state of mind to be in.

OP - Congratulations!

2007 GT, 5 speed, Paxton 2200
post #80 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I'm consistenly getting in and around 26-28 mpg highway depending. This is at a very steady driving state. 72mph, cruise on, etc. Overall lets just say I think that I'm very impressed that the supercharger did not affect my mileage as negatively as first believed. I was told that most people tend to lose some mileage. My mileage was not affected as much and I'm very happy with what I get out of the car. However, if I drive in a more spirited manner I do pay the price at the pump which goes without saying.

2005 HP White GT - Auto - Red Leather Interior -Shaker 1000 - FR-500-S Axle Backs -Roush TVS 2300 Supercharged - GT500 Fuel pumps, GT500 TB, Aeroforce Dual Gauges, Performance Automatic 5r55S with hardened input shaft, PA 3000 Stall Converter , Dynotech one piece aluminum D/S, Roush Brakes,
FR3 Handling Pack and CHE LCA's and relocation brackets.
462 RWHP 443TQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page